#1 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:53 AM

The self-declared "Minecraft Clone" UCraft is no launching on PC and other platforms. This is due to the Kickstarter failing. 

I didn't even know they had a Kickstarter, and if anything the kickstarter was a bit too short, 20k in 2weeks for a clone? And it was hardly promoted (the Kickstarter that is). Now the Wii U version is on the back-burner and at least the PC version is put into priority. 

It was kinda stupid at first, but with way more polishing and some more time I think it was getting to be a decent game on its own more or less. Don't think it could match Minecraft itself or other Voxel-based games like CubeWorld and Trove, but a decent clone. I think it should'nt have got a kick-starter at all, idk maybe, their, or I guess Solo-project of a team member "Dance of the Damned" should be kickstarted instead.

Stupid Snowmads!

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:56 AM

it was never exclusive

i mean it's a clone of a game thats on like every platform

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

We may not be able to play it on Wii U, but I can play it on teh modded GameCube!

Edited by Porhorse, 16 November 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:00 AM

No surprise here after the failure of that kickstarter.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

No surprise here after the failure of that kickstarter.

I mean I could understand, but not sure how well it will fare on the other platforms to see if the investment on hoping that spreading out will give back the investment more than sticking with the Wii U would. PC already has Minecraft, CubeWorld, Trove, and a few others, Xbox live arcade is filled to the brim of clones. I'm sure it stands much of a chance especially on PC. I kind of feel they should try it again, but actually promote it.

Stupid Snowmads!

#6 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:12 AM

I'm with the Doctor here. Honestly, the Wii U makes the most sense to put first... What PC player in their right mind would buy this game when they could just play the obviously better original? Same for Xbox, and same for Playstation. Wii u is the only system that doesn't have Mincraft, or any of it's clones.

Edited by WydrA, 16 November 2014 - 01:13 AM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#7 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

I'm with the Doctor here. Honestly, the Wii U makes the most sense to put first... What PC player in their right mind would buy this game when they could just play the obviously better original? Same for Xbox, and same for Playstation. Wii u is the only system that doesn't have Mincraft, or any of it's clones.

I mean I could understand, but not sure how well it will fare on the other platforms to see if the investment on hoping that spreading out will give back the investment more than sticking with the Wii U would. PC already has Minecraft, CubeWorld, Trove, and a few others, Xbox live arcade is filled to the brim of clones. I'm sure it stands much of a chance especially on PC. I kind of feel they should try it again, but actually promote it.

The difference is that it's easier to get the game out on PC, and cheaper. I would think that it's much easier to make a beta on PC as well to constantly update it and stuff.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#8 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:13 AM

I'm pretty sure there are already a million voxel-based games on the PC.

wat r u doin, ucraft. stahp

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:39 AM

Doubt anyone will want this on PC anways. Most likely gonna be an inferior clone and most gamers on other platforms besides Wii U have minecraft. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:49 PM

The difference is that it's easier to get the game out on PC, and cheaper. I would think that it's much easier to make a beta on PC as well to constantly update it and stuff.

Yeah, it's cheaper a first glance but they won't make any of the money back, so it'll end up costing them more...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:10 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users