Photo

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Bigger and Better Than Ever?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate finally addresses the problems of being a first time hunter without upending the grand face-offs or deep systems that make its core game so distinct. People who like loot driven games like Destiny or Diablo 3 make want to check it out. The MH4U campaign finally teaches the more valuable skills upfront; New weapons like the mighty Charge Blade have nuanced elements that make them fun to use once you understand how they work.

But that’s not all! Mobility is a huge focus for the new game. Hunters fluidly scale up walls, and you can use them to attack or flee from fights. You can scale up monsters that have been knocked down and carve away extra damage through a button mashing mini-game! And then, behind it all is the charming localization, which provides layers of fan service, subtext, and direction that is just plain fun to read. It’s never afraid to embrace the wacky or weird nature of a game that’s all about killing massive fictional monsters.

The massive creatures of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate have as much personality and detail as the world itself. My demo started with an incredible sense of scale and a bang. One minute, I’m minding my own business sailing across the bright, sandy dunes of the Great Desert. The next I’m in a fight with Dah’ren Mohran, a massive elder dragon that attacks my cobbled together caravan. This mission is just a simple tutorial, and it ends quickly enough, but it also does a great job of mentally preparing you for just how big the monstrous opposition can get in this world.

The slithering Najarala would circle and hiss, using its brittle tail, sharp teeth, and large body as formidable weapons. I also hunted a Zamtrios as well, a new shark-like monster that conjures up icy armor as a means of defense. Zamtrios also transforms, filling up its gut with air to bounce around and trample foes like some demented hybrid blowfish. It’s scary stuff your first time through... more at link below.

http://www.ign.com/a...than-ever?watch

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

So looking forward to this. Monster Hunter 3U became of m one of my favorite 3DS/Wii U games and this will just be so much better...

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

So looking forward to this. Monster Hunter 3U became of m one of my favorite 3DS/Wii U games and this will just be so much better...

Gonna be huge. I hope we get a Nintendo Direct and that NA gets the New 3DS in time for the launch of this game.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:45 PM

Still waiting on a release date of course. 

Also, for those interested, the localization director has started his localization blog for this game.

http://www.capcom-un...-the-sacred-cow

#5 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

Well at least MH is one series Capcom still seems to be doing right.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#6 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

Gonna be huge. I hope we get a Nintendo Direct and that NA gets the New 3DS in time for the launch of this game.

I'm actually holding out on them bundling the game/having an LE system for Mon Jun. It's the perfect game to bundle with the new 3DS IMO.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!