• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:45 PM

I cannot afford the $50 really esp for something I have little use for. I don't care about "free" games. I bring this up because every PS3 game I have will NOT allow me to back up the SAVE DATA to a USB drive. I can back up PS2. PSViTA PSP. I know that. I know how with pressing triangle.

I am having trouble getting a crystal clear answer online from Sony's website. So this is what I WANT to do. I just want to back up the save data. Download that save data to my PC for local safe keeping in a folder. If this PS3 HDD fails I will be livid. Now Sony claims not all games will be allowed to back up save data on PS+. This concerns me as NONE of my games allow me to backup the save data. am I SOL?

I need to know that if I pay the $10 for 1 month of PS+ can I backup ALL my games SAVE DATA then download that save data in a folder to my PC. I am not asking to download the games. Just my save data.

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

it's better than Nintendo's solution (IE: Zero game backup option) but Microsoft's and Valve's solutions are pretty kickass.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:01 PM

That does not answer anything please do not post if you don't have an answer. I NEED to know.

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:17 PM

No.

The backup is to son sever and you can't access it once your sub runs out.

And if you can't backup your saves hd then you might now be able to back them up to son cloud.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:01 PM

Thanks. Oh well

Edited by Ryudo, 08 February 2015 - 11:05 PM.

#6 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:33 PM

I cannot afford the $50 really esp for something I have little use for. I don't care about "free" games. I bring this up because every PS3 game I have will NOT allow me to back up the SAVE DATA to a USB drive. I can back up PS2. PSViTA PSP. I know that. I know how with pressing triangle.

I am having trouble getting a crystal clear answer online from Sony's website. So this is what I WANT to do. I just want to back up the save data. Download that save data to my PC for local safe keeping in a folder. If this PS3 HDD fails I will be livid. Now Sony claims not all games will be allowed to back up save data on PS+. This concerns me as NONE of my games allow me to backup the save data. am I SOL?

I need to know that if I pay the $10 for 1 month of PS+ can I backup ALL my games SAVE DATA then download that save data in a folder to my PC. I am not asking to download the games. Just my save data.

Don't quote me on this, but I THINK there might be a way. I can't verify as I own no PS3, but I think there might be a work around in uploading the files to PS+, Downloading them to the Vita, transferring files from the Vita to the PC. Or maybe just straight from the PS3-Vita....

Again, I need someone to test it, but it could be worth a shot at least.

Paging Zombie Max Headroom

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:55 AM

Don't quote me on this, but I THINK there might be a way. I can't verify as I own no PS3, but I think there might be a work around in uploading the files to PS+, Downloading them to the Vita, transferring files from the Vita to the PC. Or maybe just straight from the PS3-Vita....

Again, I need someone to test it, but it could be worth a shot at least.

Paging Zombie Max Headroom

That's more of a hack than a supported feature, which may be disabled at any point.

Honestly? the Gamecube had the best game save management system. You could make as many copies as you wished and you could share them with friends.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!