• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

Who cares about metacritic? Just unqualified morons who don't know how to review seriously most of them know nothing of gaming and are just as qualified as a Gamestop Clerk. Numbered reviews are a joke and worthless just as Metacritic. Famitsu has been crap for years now. Never undertsand how people let a worthless number from someone they don't know decide their opinion for them.

What exactly would qualified mean in that context? Of course they're unqualified. They're just average people writing their opinions down. I like numbered averages though (as most people do according to nintendolife's recent poll). Whilst it's obviously not a perfect way to represent a game, it is the quickest when you need to sift through hundreds of games. And when you can take an average, at least you can even out the various idiosyncrasies of individual reviewers. So for me either a user average of a critic average is very practical. Even if it ends up occasionally pointing you at the wrong games, at least it's A process to eliminate a majority. I don't have the time or money to look through them all.

Edited by MarcusT, 29 March 2015 - 11:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!