Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

http://www.gamespot....r/1100-6425543/

Confirming earlier reports, Nintendo on Wednesday officially announced that it will release a "Gold Edition" of the Mario Amiibo toy this March. As suspected, the special-edition Amiibo will be available exclusively at giant retailer Walmart.

The Gold Edition Mario Amiibo will be released on March 20 alongside new Wii U game Mario Party 10. It will be sold exclusively in the United States, and you'll be able to buy it for $13.

This special Mario Amiibo variant represents the third Mario toy from Nintendo. The other two are the original "fireball" Mario from the Amiibo Smash Bros. series and a new "Wave" Mario from the upcoming Super Mario Amiibo series that launches March 20 with Mario Party 10.

Well as a Canadian I'm screwed. : /

Edited by Atticus, 26 February 2015 - 07:24 PM.

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:28 PM

Well as a Canadian I'm screwed. : /

Everyone is screwed. The preorders sold out in like 5 minutes and are already flooding eBay at much higher prices. Normal people don't even have a chance because it's never announced when the preorders are going to go on sale.

So as a Canadian, you have just as much of an opportunity as every non-scalper American if you want to buy one on eBay. 

Edited by Kokirii, 26 February 2015 - 07:33 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

Everyone is screwed. The preorders sold out in like 5 minutes and are already flooding eBay at much higher prices. Normal people don't even have a chance because it's never announced when the preorders are going to go on sale.

Wow, I didn't even know it happened yet. I just looked at eBay. SMH.

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

It was reported on twitter walmart was cancelling multiple orders I think with 3 or more stating a certain policy was in affect.

Most likely the reason the preorders showed up after being sold out this morning.

Keep an eye on walmart and you might find stock in store on the 20th if you get lucky.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

Keep an eye on walmart and you might find stock in store on the 20th if you get lucky.

I don't have time to sit on Walmart.com refreshing pages every few seconds for an indefinite amount of time. I've even tried using nowinstock.net and still get "out of stock" on the few occasions when I've gotten alerts.

I love Nintendo in a way that most of my friends/family don't understand as far as having an affinity for a company, but the way Amiibos are currently being handled is absurd and could be done so much better

Side note: weren't there leaks of a silver Mario also? I wonder if that one was real, too. 

Edited by Kokirii, 26 February 2015 - 07:47 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

I don't have time to sit on Walmart.com refreshing pages every few seconds for an indefinite amount of time.

I love Nintendo in a way that most of my friends/family don't understand as far as having an affinity for a company, but the way Amiibos are currently being handled is absurd and could be done so much better

Side note: weren't there leaks of a silver Mario also? I wonder if that one was real, too. 

Silver amiibo is real, same pdf certification as the gold one was found. Regarding scalpers, ignore all of this on ebay right now because they are screwed.

walmart-cancellation.jpg

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

For $4 you can buy a can of gold spraypaint and paint your Mario amiibo you have already.

xr30Pj6.gif

#8 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

(As per the article) Even telling everyone when these go on pre-order isn't a real solution. You're just letting the scaplers know when to be ready as well. What someone said in the comments is that Nintendo needs to sell this stuff via an online store and one per customer. They can monitor the demand as well.

Already selling for over $100 on eBay. Disgusting.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:02 PM

For $4 you can buy a can of gold spraypaint and paint your Mario amiibo you have already.

xr30Pj6.gif

$_12.JPG

Already selling for over $100 on eBay. Disgusting.

Many of the early ebay listings had multiple quantities too... 5 and 10 stock, with people actually buying them lol. Now, with walmart cancelling orders of more then 2, ebay listings are dropping and you'll see many of the multiple listings now are only selling 1. Anyone who has a higher quantity then 2 on there hasn't changed the listing, received their cancellation yet, or are butt hurt. 

Untitled_zpsibahy0v1.jpg

#10 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

(As per the article) Even telling everyone when these go on pre-order isn't a real solution. You're just letting the scaplers know when to be ready as well. What someone said in the comments is that Nintendo needs to sell this stuff via an online store and one per customer. They can monitor the demand as well.

I don't see a really effective way for online marketplaces to enforce the "one per customer" limitation. It's so easy to create multiple accounts, use multiple payment sources, etc, etc. 

At least telling everyone when they go on pre-order would give someone like me the opportunity to plan around it and have a fighting chance. The scalpers who have no lives/families/real jobs can sit on Walmart.com literally all day once the announcement is made that something is a Walmart exclusive and just refresh over and over until it comes up. 

Edited by Kokirii, 27 February 2015 - 12:56 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

It was available again today, I was working but checked my gaf, the amiibo thread was lighting up with people getting their orders in. Apparently stock has been limited to 1 per customer now... even down from 2 per customer/ per order.

I don't see a really effective way for online marketplaces to enforce the "one per customer" limitation. It's so easy to create multiple accounts, use multiple payment sources, etc, etc. 

I see your point and way to get around the limit, but we are talking about scalpers here. Many scalpers are in it to make a quick and easy buck. Creating multiple accounts, having others order for them and all the other stuff they would have to do now to even get a few is now quite the headache. 

I'll reiterate, you should be able to get these in store too as long as you go on the 20th or within a day or two after. The gold and silver editions were in production for 2 months, where as some recent amiibo's were only in 1 month of production.

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:44 PM

It was available again today, I was working but checked my gaf, the amiibo thread was lighting up with people getting their orders in. Apparently stock has been limited to 1 per customer now... even down from 2 per customer/ per order.

I guess I need to just learn more about how to do that kind of thing effectively, then. I mean, I do work at a computer most of the day so if there is some way to keep track like that without having to have my attention on it all the time, maybe I can make it work. 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:48 PM

I guess I need to just learn more about how to do that kind of thing effectively, then. I mean, I do work at a computer most of the day so if there is some way to keep track like that without having to have my attention on it all the time, maybe I can make it work. 

I understand the position you and so many others are in though. When the damn thing does come in stock it seems to only last minutes anyways. I heard there are two links or listings, one of the listings had the pre order button up but when you add to cart it says out of stock, the other listing simply said out of stock. I think the latter listing is the one you want to keep bookmarked on your phone. It may be the mobile one although I am not sure.

The desktop site listing finally looks correct, says out of stock now. http://www.walmart.c...type=10&veh=aff

#14 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

I wonder if "Gold Amiibo Edition" means there are going to be other gold characters

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:26 AM

I wonder if "Gold Amiibo Edition" means there are going to be other gold characters

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of unique amiibo.... maybe even some strictly given out at conferences like e3, GDC, PAX etc. Anything is possible now. LOL

Remember preorders are just a part of the Mario #amiibo Gold Edition story. Pick one up at a @Walmart store on 3/20.

#16 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

^ Yeah good luck even getting that. Not everyone can camp out waiting for stores to open. I get less and less excited for Nintendo products anymore. Some of it is just too ridiculously difficult to get.

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

^ Yeah good luck even getting that. Not everyone can camp out waiting for stores to open. I get less and less excited for Nintendo products anymore. Some of it is just too ridiculously difficult to get.

Most Walmarts are open 24/7. You shouldn't have to camp out. 

#18 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

Most Walmarts are open 24/7. You shouldn't have to camp out. 

Camp out/line up upon expected arrival.

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:19 PM

Camp out/line up upon expected arrival.

This was at Nintendo World Store for amiibo's, not sure which one or if it was the restock of a few amiibo from a month or so ago.  :)

qio9xgclp4q7pvtmzg61.gif

#20 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

Some amiibo groups I follow on FB are getting wild. Some people have over 8 of these gold marios, one person had about 20+. Makes me wonder how they even got them, considering my local walmart only got 4 of them on launch day

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!