NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:16 AM

Looks pretty cool though, for any Lego fan it's a dream come true.

lego-dimensions-656x474.png

$99 starter pack, Wii U, X1, PS4, 360 PS3

http://www.toysrus.c...ly appears&sr=1

Starter pack includes

The LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack is all you need to begin - build your base and embark on a fantastic quest. Included in the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack:
  • LEGO Dimensions videogame
  • LEGO Toy Pad
  • LEGO Gateway building bricks
  • 3 LEGO minifigures (Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle)
  • LEGO Batmobile vehicle 
LEGO Dimension Packs

lego-dimensions-page3-package_1128x492.j

BTTF FTW

giphy.gif

View a ton more upcoming fun packs for LEGO Dimensions here,

http://imgur.com/a/x95Az#6xnqOsp

Lord of Rings, Lego Movie, Wizard of Oz etc
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:34 AM

Looks like another cash grab for figures that everyone can kill each other over at every store like the Nintendo Amiibo figures, Skylanders, and Disney Infinity.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

updated OP
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:31 AM

This was leaked ages ago. Also, is anyone else annoyed by companies' insistence on making their own bases when it's not needed on the Wii U? I mean, yeah, I understand it for games like Skylanders where the base has extra features that the GamePad doesn't, but this game looks like it's not going to do anything special functionality-wise and we're still going to have to buy the base, which is made of lego (and lego prices are insane already without shoving electronics into them).

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:34 AM

This was leaked ages ago. Also, is anyone else annoyed by companies' insistence on making their own bases when it's not needed on the Wii U? I mean, yeah, I understand it for games like Skylanders where the base has extra features that the GamePad doesn't, but this game looks like it's not going to do anything special functionality-wise and we're still going to have to buy the base, which is made of lego (and lego prices are insane already without shoving electronics into them).

Didn't realize a few weeks ago was considered ages, http://thewiiu.com/t...o-toys-to-life/ haha. We all knew this was coming from LEGO but now we can see the actual product. Since most of the toys to life games are multi-plat, I don't see them bothering changing up packaging to not include a portal just for the Wii U version since all other systems require it. The Lego portal is actually neat, and I figured you would have to build it and the pieces used in game.

#6 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

Maybe I need to try Lego Batman, Hobbit, Jurassic world, Movie Game (and the movie too I guess) and whatever there is. But I really wish just for another Chase Mccain, or atleast like regular "Lego City" game. Maybe Its because I've never been a fan of any of the franchises Lego has covered, and prefer the regular style. The toys to life part seems annoying also.. Why do this need it?

Stupid Snowmads!

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

So it's Skylander lego...meh

Can Wii U get anything bedides crappy games that require hundreds of dollars to play. Screw this crap.  I hope it fails. It won't but I wish it would.

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:54 AM

Hmm… we have Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Nintendo Amiibo, and now this.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

Didn't realize a few weeks ago was considered ages, http://thewiiu.com/t...o-toys-to-life/ haha. We all knew this was coming from LEGO but now we can see the actual product. Since most of the toys to life games are multi-plat, I don't see them bothering changing up packaging to not include a portal just for the Wii U version since all other systems require it. The Lego portal is actually neat, and I figured you would have to build it and the pieces used in game.

Hahah it feels like ages ago because a lot has happened since then. And I feel like the portal should be optional, some would like it for the novelty, but there's no reason other than that you would need it.

bi5tzqg.gif

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

Hahah it feels like ages ago because a lot has happened since then. And I feel like the portal should be optional, some would like it for the novelty, but there's no reason other than that you would need it.

I haven't seen enough of how this portal works yet but something like disney infinty wouldn't work on the wii u without its portal due to the fact it has 3 nfc sensor points. Two for figures and one for power discs

#11 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:56 PM

I haven't seen enough of how this portal works yet but something like disney infinty wouldn't work on the wii u without its portal due to the fact it has 3 nfc sensor points. Two for figures and one for power discs

You could just scan them individually? One by one.

bi5tzqg.gif

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:52 AM

You could just scan them individually? One by one.

No, you have to keep them on the portal otherwise it won't recognize what you're using. Also, a small correction to my above statement, two figures on base along with power discs which are used underneath the characters, the 3rd space is for playset/toy box stuff.

extended cut

#13 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

No, you have to keep them on the portal otherwise it won't recognize what you're using. Also, a small correction to my above statement, two figures on base along with power discs which are used underneath the characters, the 3rd space is for playset/toy box stuff.

I'm aware that you can't scan them individually. I'm just saying the devs would only have to change some software to make the game remember which characters you scanned and kind of trick it into thinking that they're still on the portal. Of course, you'd have to rescan them to save data like in Smash Bros.

bi5tzqg.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!