GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:05 PM

http://nintendoenthu...at-in-splatoon/ Plain and simple... this is why people continue to shun Nintendo home console. I personally could care less but the masses have spoken and think this excuse is BS. Still day 1 for the game for me.

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:53 PM

I don't think it's BS. One of the main reasons I don't like online multiplayer is specifically because of voice chat. 99% of the time, it's not used for anything other than a podium for 9 year olds and immature 30-something neckbeards to scream how much they're going to do your mom, or blasting random, garbled music as if it was being played through a potato.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:11 PM

Meh I never chat. I think it could be cool to plan stratergies in Splatoon, a shooter where I think its more needed, so it should be a option disabled at default. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:10 AM

I don't think it's BS. One of the main reasons I don't like online multiplayer is specifically because of voice chat. 99% of the time, it's not used for anything other than a podium for 9 year olds and immature 30-something neckbeards to scream how much they're going to do your mom, or blasting random, garbled music as if it was being played through a potato.

42a.png

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:40 AM

Everyone understands that but for him to take the option away from potential million of gamers because he had a bad experience is probably not the best decision. So many options from allowing it to be enabled or disabled.. also a mut option where guess what you just do not hear what anyone is saying. There are people that have Wii U friends that would like to chat with them also. I mean I am going to enjoy the game and so will other but I hope he hears what the gamers are saying and asking for on this one and make a change. Plain and simple they will lose many potential customers making decisions like this.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:44 AM

Everyone understands that but for him to take the option away from potential million of gamers because he had a bad experience is probably not the best decision. So many options from allowing it to be enabled or disabled.. also a mut option where guess what you just do not hear what anyone is saying. There are people that have Wii U friends that would like to chat with them also. I mean I am going to enjoy the game and so will other but I hope he hears what the gamers are saying and asking for on this one and make a change. Plain and simple they will lose many potential customers making decisions like this.

I really think it goes back to the swap note incident in some regard as stated in the other topic. 

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:52 AM

I really think it goes back to the swap note incident in some regard as stated in the other topic.

But can we agree this is not the best way make business decisions? Imagine if samsung got wind of a skype or whatever chat app you can nae incident where someone was harassed or taken advantage of and said yep from this day forth that app will not be available on any samsung phone or even apple doing the same thing. Its inconceivable because they know million of people like to chat and to isolate millions over a single incident is just not good business especially when you are looking to gain console sales and have a potential genre defining game on your hands. Again I hope he pays attention to what gamers are saying and at minimum allow the feature to be enabled or disabled.

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:12 AM

But can we agree this is not the best way make business decisions? Imagine if samsung got wind of a skype or whatever chat app you can nae incident where someone was harassed or taken advantage of and said yep from this day forth that app will not be available on any samsung phone or even apple doing the same thing. Its inconceivable because they know million of people like to chat and to isolate millions over a single incident is just not good business especially when you are looking to gain console sales and have a potential genre defining game on your hands. Again I hope he pays attention to what gamers are saying and at minimum allow the feature to be enabled or disabled.

Not sure what to think at this point. I think I would be more ticked if voice chat was in the game and then taken away. The fact it is not there from the get go, leaves not much room for me to complain either way. It would be nice but I don't think I would have used it much anyways... much like all the games I do play that has voice chat, lol.

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:18 AM

Not sure what to think at this point. I think I would be more ticked if voice chat was in the game and then taken away. The fact it is not there from the get go, leaves not much room for me to complain either way. It would be nice but I don't think I would have used it much anyways... much like all the games I do play that has voice chat, lol.

Yeah I wouldn't use it but I just think they are alienating a large group of people that will be playing this game.... I would have like it better if he didnt give a reason and just left it as the game doesn't have voice chat. The excuse is what makes it worse than the game not having the chat.

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:19 AM

Just because you don't like voice chat it doesn't mean it should be excluded, a simple on or off setting in the options before you play should have been included. That would make everyone happy especially with the games nature, Nintendo need to stop thinking they know best and listen to what people want. 

#11 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:14 AM

turn it off???

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:45 AM

You peeps want voice chat in a game but yet we can't even send a message to people on our 3DS friends list (which still uses damn codes) and for the Wii U you have to go into MiiVerse to do so.

Priorities people! lol

rolling_eyes_neil_degrasse_tyson.gif

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:16 AM

Just because you don't like voice chat it doesn't mean it should be excluded, a simple on or off setting in the options before you play should have been included. That would make everyone happy especially with the games nature, Nintendo need to stop thinking they know best and listen to what people want.

Agree so much sometimes its the little things. Something like this seems so little but really put a bad taste in the mouth of those that maybe dont have a Wii U. There are already those that think nintendo are for kids and too much handholding. Your wording is correct I have been saying for years just because nintendo think it is best doesnt mean its gamers or potential customers think it is right. Again he should have not said anything because the reason just makes it that much worse.

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

You can always use TeamSpeak or another alternative (BBM voice, iChat, etc) to talk to your friends while playing the game.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

I can see where Yusuke Amano is coming from, and I too have experienced negative teammates during multiplayer games.

But, I also have had some really good experiences with in game voice chats.

Either way, this game is gon be GOOOOOD

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

It's a feature on other consoles I have and some games  I have but never use so I honestly couldn't care less. People never use voice chat properly anyway.

#17 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

so Nintendo doesn't understand the concept of a mute button in voice chat. 

or more likely they are just using that as a poor excuse for not wanting to add the extra internet infrastructure. 

#18 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

The response is so short and lacking in caring that it cracks me up when I read it. I mean, if their reason had really been about communication abuse and what not, they'd have gone into it more. But instead, it seems to me they just don't want to worry about integrating it.

I don't even...

#19 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

I don't buy many shooters these days, but when I did I don't think I remember hearing people in the game "strategizing"  with people while playing. Just the annoying stuff that has been mentioned

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#20 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

The only reason I see it being removed is they're worried about what could be said to minors. If you're worried about your kids, have a parental control restriction.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!