NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:46 AM

Nice little surprise, i was content with the previous statement of 720p 60fps, looks like they have done a lot of work to get the anniversary edition gold. it is only $24.99, come on guys, it's an impulse buy!

http://mynintendonew...080p-for-wii-u/

It was first confirmed by Peter Thierolf from Kaiko that the new Legend of Kay Anniversary edition would be in 720p for the Wii U. But now after some more development, they’ve upgraded it to 1080p. They’ve said that it now “renders the scene in 1600*900 and outputs in 1080p with extra crisp UI” and still runs at 60fps. The Legend of Kay will be releasing this Summer.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:48 AM

Hmm, I'll maybe get it from the eShop.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:57 PM

Maybe I'm just jaded on the whole resolution thing, but shouldn't 1080p for what's essentially a PS2 game just kinda...I dunno, expected? :s

Not sure if I'll pick this up, got plenty of other games on my plate at the moment and I'm starting up Destiny and possibly Warframe and Borderlands 2 PS3 soonish.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

Maybe I'm just jaded on the whole resolution thing, but shouldn't 1080p for what's essentially a PS2 game just kinda...I dunno, expected? :s

Not sure if I'll pick this up, got plenty of other games on my plate at the moment and I'm starting up Destiny and possibly Warframe and Borderlands 2 PS3 soonish.

When most devs seem not to give a crap especially 3rd party for Wii u this is nice they took the time to make sure it's running great
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:18 PM

THE POWER!!!!! ha! yeah but 1080p should be easy for a ps2 port on Wii U.

#6 Jenni

Jenni

♡Starship Amazing Fangirl♡

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • NNID:CandiBunni
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name! (; A ;)

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:33 PM

I've never played this, but it looks pretty cute from the screenshots. I'll keep it in mind and try it out sometime. c: Always nice to hear developers caring about resolution and framerate, especially the framerate. There's also going to be anti-aliasing! :D ♥ No jaggies!

4t1pzys.png

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:39 AM

THE POWER!!!!! ha! yeah but 1080p should be easy for a ps2 port on Wii U.

Port isn't the best word for this. High resolution textures, more polys, updated models. There is quite a bit of work that has gone into this game, which is a nice change of pace. Many devs would of had this just running "good enough" in their minds on the Wii U and called it a day, but they apparently care about their work with this anniversary edition. Win Win for Wii U owners, and the devs here.

#8 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:49 AM

Port isn't the best word for this. High resolution textures, more polys, updated models. There is quite a bit of work that has gone into this game, which is a nice change of pace. Many devs would of had this just running "good enough" in their minds on the Wii U and called it a day, but they apparently care about their work with this anniversary edition. Win Win for Wii U owners, and the devs here.

Either way I think you know what I was saying. It is essentially a ps2 game. I do not see it pushing the boundaries or anything. I mean yes very cool that they did not just settle like most devs. So I would like to finally see some gameplay video soon hopefully

#9 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:54 AM

1600x900 is pretty good. 

I thought the Wii U upscaled everything to 1080p anyway though.

Edited by Great Sage Dante, 25 May 2015 - 05:55 AM.

#10 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:13 AM

1600x900 is pretty good. 

I thought the Wii U upscaled everything to 1080p anyway though.

I assume it can output at 720p as well?

#11 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:24 AM

I assume it can output at 720p as well?

If that's what you have the Wii U set to output to in the system settings. Then yes I assume It should downscale it.

Your TV will upscale/downscale the signal to its native resolution anyway.

Edited by Great Sage Dante, 25 May 2015 - 06:26 AM.

#12 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:10 AM

If that's what you have the Wii U set to output to in the system settings. Then yes I assume It should downscale it.

Your TV will upscale/downscale the signal to its native resolution anyway.

Right, so I guess what they're actually saying is "Anyone who happens to have their Wii U outputting to 720p, might want to put it up to 1080p for this game."

So the 4 people who that applies to will be thrilled?

#13 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

Right, so I guess what they're actually saying is "Anyone who happens to have their Wii U outputting to 720p, might want to put it up to 1080p for this game."

So the 4 people who that applies to will be thrilled?

Well considering the res it's being rendered at it's getting upscaled or downscaled no matter what. Unless you have some weird ass monitor or TV that outputs at 1600x900 you can't play it at its native resolution. If your TV is 1080p+ I don't know why you'd have your Wii U outputting at 720p. If your TV is 720p then it doesn't even matter at all its 720p or nothing at that point. (unless for some reason you want 480p) 

#14 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

Well considering the res it's being rendered at it's getting upscaled or downscaled no matter what. Unless you have some weird ass monitor or TV that outputs at 1600x900 you can't play it at its native resolution. If your TV is 1080p+ I don't know why you'd have your Wii U outputting at 720p. If your TV is 720p then it doesn't even matter at all its 720p or nothing at that point. (unless for some reason you want 480p) 

Yeah, it's true. There seems to be almost no reason to say it's outputting at 1080p.

Although coincidentally, my laptop screen is actually 1600x900. They do exist.

#15 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

Yeah, it's true. There seems to be almost no reason to say it's outputting at 1080p.

Although coincidentally, my laptop screen is actually 1600x900. They do exist.

The reason is solely PR, there are a lot of people who don't know that upscaled 1080p is real 1080p. Though Upscaling from 900p is better than from 720p so it will actually look better than it would have before.  

Yeah laptops are weird like that, but it makes sense for a lot of them. My old laptop was the same. You can't really use it as a monitor for a console though. 

#16 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:06 PM

Hang on, what do you mean by that? How is upscaled 1080p real 1080p? Surely 900 upscaled to 1080 is inferior to just the game rendering to 1080? 

#17 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:48 PM

I'll get this. Maybe not day one, but for sure by the end of the summer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!