• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NinjaTaco

NinjaTaco

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

I'm going to buy a wii u soon. (refurbished)

And I was going to need to buy some controllers. And there are many options for controllers on the wii u and it makes it somewhat confusing for me. Because I have used a friends wii u and some games required me to plug and unplug the nunchuck from a wii remote just to get the game going which was quite frustrating.

What is the best wii u controller to buy that will offer the most versatility towards playing games in terms of compatibility? Because there are gamepads that plug into wii remotes but there is also the pro controller.

What games or game modes does the wii u pro controller not work with?

What games or game modes do the battle pads not work with?

Also I don't see many reviews for controllers. Are there any good wii u generic pro controllers?

(sorry I did a search on these things couldn't find anything on your forum.. and I saw only two generic pro controllers for wii u that received bad reviews.)

#2 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:02 AM

All games support the GamePad

Almost all games support the Pro Controller 

A majority support the Wii Motion Controller and some require the Plus variant (for multiplayer).

The pro controller should be all you really need, unless you plan to play a lot of party games as some require the Wiimote but a lot make use of the pro controller.

The only time a Wiimote is required for single player is to start Wii games in Wii Mode or Wii VirtualConsole games. There might be a few odd games that require it though, not exactly sure.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

All games support the GamePad

Almost all games support the Pro Controller 

A majority support the Wii Motion Controller and some require the Plus variant (for multiplayer).

The pro controller should be all you really need, unless you plan to play a lot of party games as some require the Wiimote but a lot make use of the pro controller.

The only time a Wiimote is required for single player is to start Wii games in Wii Mode or Wii VirtualConsole games. There might be a few odd games that require it though, not exactly sure.

Pretty much this, the only other thing I can add is if you purchase a Wii U pro controller, make sure to get it at a reputable  retailer. There is a clone going around but the build quality lacks.

Also, when shopping for games retail or in eshop, there is always a description that lays out which controllers are supported for that particular game. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!