Photo

Pure Speculation: NX secret could be "social AR" gaming?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:41 AM

From http://recode.net/20...ext-blue-ocean/ / http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1085549

• Low-cost dedicated video-game console (i.e., spec equal to or lower than PS4/Xbox One) optimized for AR/VR with high-quality positional tracking for immersion
  • Low-cost VR, AR or mixed-reality head-mounted displays to enable social gameplay. These could either be dedicated HMDs or smartphone HMD holders similar to Samsung GearVR/Google Cardboard.
  • “Non-gamer”-friendly dedicated wireless controllers to address the mass market
  • Integrated hardware/software platform for consistent performance
  • Multiple high-quality (and fun) bundled games at launch
  • Dedicated SDK for third-party game developers.
  • This looks a bit like the original Wii strategy applied to the AR/VR market in the context of smartphones, and could enable Nintendo to leverage its IP to again “disrupt an entire industry, and in a good way.”

“If you do the same thing as others, it will wear you out. Nintendo is not good at competing so we always have to challenge [the status quo] by making something new, rather than competing in an existing market. … It’s often called the “Blue Ocean Strategy,” looking for something that no one else is working on. … It is an unwritten company credo, something that runs deep in our DNA.” — Satoru Iwata

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

As a person without a smartphone can I still use the console with regular controllers?

#3 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:20 PM

As a person without a smartphone can I still use the console with regular controllers?

I doubt that it will require smartphone.

And I totally agree that the NX will be a VR or AR system.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!