• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

I am seriously having trouble winning them. Every time I am pitted in a team, my team mates always gets easily destroyed. I'm starting to think that It's not worth trying to get an A+ (current max rank) for the Ranked battles. I mean, every time I get pitted in a team with other random players they always lose. And I'm almost going back to where I started when Ranked matches first launched for Splatoon in terms of my rank. It's like no matter what i do I always lose points in those matches because of my sucky team mates. I was at a good rank and now I'm almost back to be a C Rank because I face loss after loss. I hope Nintendo makes it so you KEEP the points you earn in the ranked matches like in the regular matches when the update comes. It's making it a bit hard and frustrating to get max rank. Is there a better method for winning them? Becuase I this point I might just quit the ranked battles and just stick to my B rank status :/

Edited by Reversal, 31 July 2015 - 09:25 PM.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:42 PM

Because that's what keeps people playing and coming back for more. Without the rank going up and down the rank is pointless. It's awesome.

#3 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:00 PM

Because that's what keeps people playing and coming back for more. Without the rank going up and down the rank is pointless. It's awesome.

Okay but do you have any advice as to how to win them with  my team mates? Especially if you're stuck with sucky ones?

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:31 PM

Center area and the designated areas just cover em. Walls don't count. I seen a lot of ranked matches where people play it like a turf war. Just get the specified area and center area to slow opponents. Also use gear you like and stack abilities. Another thing is try different weapons. Maybe not try one you like but may be another you are better with to fit your play style.

#5 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

For splatzones go for a weapon that can cover a wide area very quickly like the aerospray. If you see you're outnumbered try to hide and wait for help and then spring on your enemies. Also when the round first starts it's not a bad idea to create an alternative route with ink in case you get sent back to base.

I'd also say playing for kills is a good deal more important than in nonranked.

pNgecl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!