• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 foogirl

foogirl

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

I'm trying to move content from the Wii onto Wii U. I started the Wii transfer thing and downloaded onto the SD card, but when I went back to the Wii shop and into channels, the option to download WiiU transfer channel isn't there. How do I find it?

#2 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:11 AM

Did you follow these steps? (from Nintendo website)

Begin with the Wii U:

1. Insert the SD card into the Wii U console.
  2. On the Wii U system, start the Wii Menu application and select the Wii System Transfer.
    • You will need to sync a Wii Remote to the Wii U console in order to proceed.
    • If the Wii System Transfer tool is not available in the Wii Menu application, perform the latest System Update.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions, making sure to read carefully through each before you proceed.
  4. Remove the SD card from the Wii U console and insert the same SD card into the Wii console.

Connect on the Wii:

With the SD card inserted in the Wii console, launch the transfer application to begin retrieving data.

• You will need to sync a Wii Remote to the Wii console in order to proceed.
  1. Follow the on-screen instructions, making sure to read carefully through each before you proceed.
  2. When the data transfer is complete, remove the SD card from the Wii console and insert it into the Wii U console.

Finish on the Wii U:

1. Confirm the message and select "Transfer."
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions, making sure to read carefully through each before you proceed.
  3. The data is saved on to the Wii U console and deleted from the SD card.

Edited by Mewbot, 24 May 2016 - 04:11 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#3 foogirl

foogirl

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:39 PM

I haven't tried updating. That step wasn't in the instructions I was following. I'll give it a go, although we've had it for a while and it has updated previously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!