• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

Not hating on the console but according to Urbandictionary.com, gimmik is a method of gaining customers with a certain trait and/or quality. The controller itself is a awesome thing because of its size. I love the controller. Better then Xboxes where I have to wrap my fingers together in order to get comfortable with the controller itself and the analog stick was made for kids cuz those are painful to use!

Anyways, I find complete interest and seeing this as a top selling(Depending on price). If it was going for a maximum of $350 or less, ps3 is doomed cuz if you think about it, buy a 6-7 year old hardware or for another $50, get the next best thing. :D

I'm kinda confuse on why the have the option of 480p? I mean, who's really gonna stick with that..?

I'm a total buyer of this console! Especially the idea of not using TV to play the game(Sorry bad grammer :C) I can see my Dad watching Nascar while I can Mimic the drivers move on the nascar game(Maybe NTG:2012 or NTG:2013).

What do you love of the controller?
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#2 Shane74340

Shane74340

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

Not hating on the console but according to Urbandictionary.com, gimmik is a method of gaining customers with a certain trait and/or quality. The controller itself is a awesome thing because of its size. I love the controller. Better then Xboxes where I have to wrap my fingers together in order to get comfortable with the controller itself and the analog stick was made for kids cuz those are painful to use!

Anyways, I find complete interest and seeing this as a top selling(Depending on price). If it was going for a maximum of $350 or less, ps3 is doomed cuz if you think about it, buy a 6-7 year old hardware or for another $50, get the next best thing. :)

I'm kinda confuse on why the have the option of 480p? I mean, who's really gonna stick with that..?

I'm a total buyer of this console! Especially the idea of not using TV to play the game(Sorry bad grammer :C) I can see my Dad watching Nascar while I can Mimic the drivers move on the nascar game(Maybe NTG:2012 or NTG:2013).

What do you love of the controller?

The reason they still have 480p is because some people still don't have HDTVs. (SDTVs)
My favorite feature of the controller is the streaming capabilities. I no longer have to share the TV.

PS: You don't have bad grammar.

Maybe we'll see "LittleBigPlanet" come to Wii U?

#3 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

Isn't LBP a Sony-only game?

I like how you can use the controller like a window, and that you can actually play with your own private screen. That will make games that involve hiding much better, since the other people can't cheat by looking at your part of the screen. I see a lot of potentially good ideas due to the Wii U-mote's (what I call the Wii U's remote) ability to track if you're walking (accelerometer) and how it can sense the three rotational movements (pitch, yaw, and roll (due to the gyroscope)), such as a multiplayer on FPSs like Metroid Prime!

#4 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

The reason they still have 480p is because some people still don't have HDTVs. (SDTVs)

Like me. :D

No, seriously. We don't have an HDTV in our house. I'm not kidding.

Isn't LBP a Sony-only game?

LittleBigPlanet is indeed owned by Sony, so we'll probably never see it on a Nintendo console.

Add me to the list of fans of the controller's size. Finally, something which I could actually comfortably wrap my hands around! I think the streaming feature is a stroke of genius, too - seriously, that golf ball demo convinced me.

#5 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

I like the idea of the controller being a personal screen. Hopefully it will be relatively light and comfortable to hold. And if someone wants to watch the TV when you're playing, it'll no longer be an issue.

Edited by AMAC, 08 June 2011 - 05:26 AM.

#6 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

LittleBigPlanet is indeed owned by Sony, so we'll probably never see it on a Nintendo console.

Sony/Nintendo IP trading system..yep.that's what we need. Nintendo gets to build a LBP, GOW and Resistance..Sony gets to build a Mario, Zelda and Kirby....

Rights are still owned by the current owners but they agree to let each other build one game from each series

....that would be so awesome...why can't companies be cool enough to do something like that?:D

#7 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

Sony/Nintendo IP trading system..yep.that's what we need. Nintendo gets to build a LBP, GOW and Resistance..Sony gets to build a Mario, Zelda and Kirby....

Rights are still owned by the current owners but they agree to let each other build one game from each series

....that would be so awesome...why can't companies be cool enough to do something like that?:D

I would be very curious to see what a Sony studio like Naughty Dog or Media Molecule would do with a Nintendo IP if they were given the chance. Seriously. :)

Sadly, I think that's outside the realm of possibility.

#8 Ostro

Ostro

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dreamcast, Shmups

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:16 AM

Circle pads, ewww.
I will be happy using other controllers for non-party games.

#9 Homer Fanboy

Homer Fanboy

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Fandom:
    I am a Simpsons freak!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

This controller is seriously growing on me! :D I love the shield demo they showed, where you move around the remote as a shield to the arrows flying at you from the screen. Nintendo, you have won me over!

Edited by Homer Fanboy, 08 June 2011 - 07:49 AM.

#10 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:10 AM

The controller looks really huge. I can't wait to see what it feels like to hold, it looks amazingly comfortable I just hope the finished version doesn't change to much unless its to make it more ergonomic and lighter.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#11 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

No console is perfect and sadly flaws are already becoming apparent on the Wii-U system.

That said, I have a very high expectation for the new console and I want Nintendo to deliver it. I can only see the console improving from the Wii and that IMO is a very good system.

Edited by Limelight788, 08 June 2011 - 10:00 AM.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#12 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

I really like the controller's size because I noticed the 3DS to get uncomfortable after two hours of Street Fighter :DJokes aside, what excites me most is the ability to have two different views of a scene. For example, imagine a Zelda where you can travel between different times. You have to visit a dungeon twice, and in the future, you have to solve a riddle, like lighting some torches in the right order. In the past, there's some kind of hint how to do it, and you're able to make a "screenshot" of it. Then, in the future, you display the screenshot on the controller's screen and can compare it with the future dungeon you see on your TV. You "hover" the controller over different parts of the TV like showed in the reveal video and write on your touchscreen in what order you have to light the torches. Your notes appear on the TV after that and you can happily move on =D
Spoiler

Posted Image

#13 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

I dont care if its huge, unlike xbox and ps3 fanboys. I just want to play a high quality game in full HD! :P
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#14 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

Like me. :DNo, seriously. We don't have an HDTV in our house. I'm not kidding.

We're in the same position then.

Spoiler

That sounds like a good idea.

I don't really care about size, as long as it's comfortable I'm fine with the size.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#15 Marik

Marik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

I love the idea of playing the console like a handheld. It's wonderful. I mostly play my handhelds at home anyways, so there's no downfall. I think the battery life should be great too since all the processing will be connected to the wall outlet. For a gamer like me, the Wii-U is simply perfect!

#16 AidanSazer13

AidanSazer13

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

My favorite feature of the controller is the streaming capabilities. I no longer have to share the TV.

PS: You don't have bad grammar.

Maybe we'll see "LittleBigPlanet" come to Wii U?

They also still have 480p so Wii games can be played.

#17 Marik

Marik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

Supporting 480p doesn't cost them none, so I hardly see a reason to withdraw it.

#18 Andrew

Andrew

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Sega, Nicalis, Mojang, Valve

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

I think the streaming feature is a stroke of genius, too - seriously, that golf ball demo convinced me.

...What? Why is *that* the thing that convinced you? I thought that was the worst part of the presentation. I mean - the lady, she just set the controller on the ground, and you could see the golf ball. How does that add to the game at all? its not like that's going to help your swing any more than looking at the ground itself... I thought the golf demo was silly because the controller did *nothing* for the gameplay.

Edited by Andrew, 13 June 2011 - 09:56 PM.

Posted Image
My Platforms: NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, GB, GBC, VB, GBA, NDS, 3DS, PC
Check out my 3DS portal minisite! 3DSHome
Check out my personal game development webpage! AKSoft - Innovative Development

#19 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

...What? Why is *that* the thing that convinced you? I thought that was the worst part of the presentation. I mean - the lady, she just set the controller on the ground, and you could see the golf ball. How does that add to the game at all? its not like that's going to help your swing any more than looking at the ground itself... I thought the golf demo was silly because the controller did *nothing* for the gameplay.

Being able to see (And possibly move around) the golf ball would greatly increase accuracy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#20 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

In my opinion, the controller is pretty awesome! Knowing Nintendo they would have spent a lot of time designing this.
They aren't a lazy company as far as I am aware of. But, my judgement is not set in stone until I actually have a physical go at it. B)

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!