Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

POPULAR

http://vita.ign.com/.../1218182p1.html

This article confirms that I'm not going to get a Vita for a while, considering ALL of my PSP games are on UMD.

But that's not the main reason I posted this topic, if you scroll down to the comments section, the Sony fanboys are arguing about this issue. How could one detail cause a fan base to squabble amongst themselves like this?
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

http://vita.ign.com/.../1218182p1.html

This article confirms that I'm not going to get a Vita for a while, considering ALL of my PSP games are on UMD.

But that's not the main reason I posted this topic, if you scroll down to the comments section, the Sony fanboys are arguing about this issue. How could one detail cause a fan base to squabble amongst themselves like this?

Simple:
IN THIS CORNER, WIEGHING IN AT 400 POUNDS WITH CHEETOS ON HIS SHIRT, WE'VE GOT THE SONY DEFENSE FOOORRRRCCCE! AND IN THE OTHER CORNER, CLOCKING IN AT 160 POUNDS, WE'VE GOT THE SONY FAN!!!!!! THESE TWO MEN WERE THE BEST OF FRIENDS UNTIL SONY DITCHED BC FOR THE VITA, IN WHICH THE SONY FAN CAME OUT AND SAID HE WASN'T INTERESTED. NOW LET'S GET READY TO RRRRUUUUMMMBLLEE!!!! :P

Basically, Sony fans are ticked, Sony Defense force is defending Sony

Edited by Son of Ghetsis, 08 February 2012 - 01:25 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

great point, you're absolutely right, its cos they're not true fans like us, they just but kiss sony but hate every other gamer whose opinion they disagree with, they're so uncivilised, they just like to console war and hype up systems that they know nothing about, im not disappointed really, because I lose nothing, i still have this awesome community and many others that i can enjoy.
Posted Image

#4 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Good thing I never bought a psp.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#5 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

you want annoying fanboyism? Try posting an article or opinion peice on n4g that doesn't praise sony and you get lots of disagrees and disagrees. They are so irrational and driven by emotion. Granted, not all of them are like that, but I bet you the majority who flame the microsoft and nintendo fans are the 12-20 aged crowd. The worst part is I have owned all of Son'y products (hell my home theatre system contains a Sony TV, Sony Surround Sound and another Sony TV in the living room) and I still get called a Sony hater because I said something that is true but they don't agree with.

Example? I wrote an article about why it doesn't make sense to debut PS4 at this year's E3 using facts, sales figures of the PS3, the PS3 is becoming profitable finally, and the PS Vita should get all the marketing and hype right now. The article wasn't approved and the comments were all flamed towards me.

I don't understand fanboyism, i laugh at them all because I own all the consoles and can enjoy all the exlusives.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Heh....good thing I sold my PSP a long time ago. XD

#7 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

Heh....good thing I sold my PSP a long time ago. XD

...I don't get this. This article states that you can't utilize the UMD Passport Program. So that should be a bad thing for you if you were planning on playing your PSP games on Vita.

And I understand that this thread is about how some people are trying to put a positive spin on this news by saying the Vita is for Vita games, and how that argument is dumb - But c'mon, we're above that; we don't need to dedicate a thread to laugh at fanboyism. :/

Just my thoughts on that piece.

#8 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

...I don't get this. This article states that you can't utilize the UMD Passport Program. So that should be a bad thing for you if you were planning on playing your PSP games on Vita.

And I understand that this thread is about how some people are trying to put a positive spin on this news by saying the Vita is for Vita games, and how that argument is dumb - But c'mon, we're above that; we don't need to dedicate a thread to laugh at fanboyism. :/

O_o
I was saying that it wouldn't of mattered to me anyway, because I sold my PSP.....

#9 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

I'm not laughing at fanboyism, I'm trying to figure out how fans can argue with each other even though they both want the company to succeed.

Now if others turn this into laughing at fanboys, I've got no control over that.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#10 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Sorry, that wasn't really directed towards you.

But this isn't exclusive to, you know, just Sony fans and enthusiasts. This happens with all fanbases. Some people are complacent with these sorts of things, and others aren't. Along with the mix are a couple of trolls to exacerbate any flames that exist. Think about politicians and what they do to each other. It's like how some people are alright with proprietary memory cards for the Vita, and others aren't. People are different, and on a medium like the Internet, these sorts of disputes always happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!