Photo

Wii U not only console to have Tablet Controller?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

Not sure if this is the right Sub-Forum for this, but I wanted to post this for everyone to see.

Looks like Nintendo's competitor's are contemplating a Tablet Controller also.

http://www.allgamesb...res-tablet.html

Not really surprised but I was hoping that Microsoft/Sony would decide that it was another "Gimmick" and that they wouldn't need it.

It will be fun to watch the "fanboys" reaction to this seeing as how they have been bashing Nintendo for this, as another Gimmick.

Thoughts on how this may affect the Wii U in the future?

Edited by TriForce_3, 13 February 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#2 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

If this is real, how do they expect them to play games with only a touchscreen? That's what they showed in the picture.

As for it affecting the Wii U, I doubt it will, all it will do is show that the Wii U is just as powerful as the rest of the generation.

Also, I don't have a link, but someone's made a thread like this one.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#3 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

I think I made the thread, but its fine. I don't have the link either (on my phone hard to search). Anyway, I think it could lead to trouble IF NINTENDO is not putting everything they got into the specs. Because Nintendo is doing this to set them apart and if others have the controller, have better graphics (visually) then why buy a Wii U?

Of course I think the Wii U will be just as good graphically and I am not convinced MS is going this route yet.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

microsoft's official magazine said that the next xbox will have a touch screen, sony, has also got a bunch of patents for a tablet style controller. things are looking really sucky at the moment :( if everyone copies wii u, and sony put eye toy connectivity (which they did do in the patents) and if microsoft integrates kinect aswell then wii u will be the least special console of next gen :'(
Posted Image

#5 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

a couple nintendo fans weren't that happy with the new controller either so im assuming fans of the other consoles will most likely except it like us .
but this isn't really a suprise , similar tech gets used all the time so it's not really a big deal it will just make the ps4 and nextbox easier to develop games for since the wii u has the tablet type controller.
if all the hardware of the consoles comes out to be true in terms of the rumors than i think since nintendo is really trying to future proof the wii u with the developers requests, and constant changing hardware before it's released it will be fine . plus a year advantage over the next xbox and possible playstation i think will give the wii u a much better selection of games. in the future since devs will already be working on nintendos next gen hardware

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 13 February 2012 - 12:51 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#6 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

Repeat thread?

#7 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

^Sorry, said I wasn't sure if this was where it went and obviously I missed the previous post.

Someone above asked why anyone would still buy Wii U. I still will because it will still have Nintendo First Party Games and should also have all the multi plat games.

That being said, I can see this hurting it from some peoples perspectives.

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

ok they are just f&^king copycats and stupid fanboys don't relize that they are copying cause they are wussys

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#9 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

^^ Not sure if serious lol.

Did you know sony already had a concept like this down a year before Nintendo patened there version.

Im not taking any credit from nintendo. If its a good idea of course people are going to copy it.

#10 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:35 AM

ok they are just f&^king copycats and stupid fanboys don't relize that they are copying cause they are wussys

Think this through: when do companies start to develop their next systems? The answer is right after the first system is released. So in all likelihood they've been working on this since a little while after Nintendo started work on the Wii U, plus they had no way of knowing what was going on at Nintendo so they couldn't have copied them. It honestly amazes me how people like you can be so ignorant and biased, it's people behaving like you and turning on each other that turned the 3DS Forums into a troll fest.

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Think this through: when do companies start to develop their next systems? The answer is right after the first system is released. So in all likelihood they've been working on this since a little while after Nintendo started work on the Wii U, plus they had no way of knowing what was going on at Nintendo so they couldn't have copied them. It honestly amazes me how people like you can be so ignorant and biased, it's people behaving like you and turning on each other that turned the 3DS Forums into a troll fest.

um lets see here:

kinect = motion controls = wii

PS move = controller like wii mote = wii
PSV AR = 3DS

seriously?!?!?!

sfOI1m6.jpg

#12 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

Well mimicking is just another form of flattery. To be honest though this doesn't suprise me at all and this just let me know that Nintendo is on the right track as far as it's controller goes. They did it with the plus control pad, then the shoulder buttons, then analog controls along with rumble, and as much as some may hate it motion controls. Nintendo has said it before and I agree they are the "disruptors" in the gaming industry because of their innovations but these features meant nothing unless they had the games to back it up which I'm sure Nintendo is aware of for the Wii U and shall deliver plus let's not forget Wii U will be out on the market first which is an advantage as long as the first, second, and third party support is equally strong throughout it's first year. I know it chaps the rear of any die hard fan of Nintendo (myself included) who sees the competition copycating but we have to look at it as we did it first and possibly better :P take that Nextbox 720

#13 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

um lets see here:

kinect = motion controls = wii

PS move = controller like wii mote = wii
PSV AR = 3DS

seriously?!?!?!

PS Move was in development before the Wii was out, but they decided Sony saw that a profit could be made with motion controls thus they release the PS move. Similar thing with the Kinect, but they wanted to be different.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#14 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:51 AM.

#15 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

What do you get when 3 revolutionary tech companies compete? Three similar revolutionary ideas. Great minds think alike.

#16 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:54 AM

^^ Not sure if serious lol.

Did you know sony already had a concept like this down a year before Nintendo patened there version.

Im not taking any credit from nintendo. If its a good idea of course people are going to copy it.

true but nintendo said back in 2006 they wanted ultimately to make a console with a DS type experience, so actually nintendo still got there first
Posted Image

#17 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

true but nintendo said back in 2006 they wanted ultimately to make a console with a DS type experience, so actually nintendo still got there first

Can you give a link?
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#18 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

You didn't even read my comment, did you? For companies to get to the point where they are ready to announce and release a system or add on they have been working on it for years. And by what twisted logic is Kinect copying Wii? Btw the 3DS doesn't own AR, it's been done before on other devices (like the iPod touch).

are u stupid? the kenict has motionish controls! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

sfOI1m6.jpg

#19 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

are u stupid? the kenict has motionish controls! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going by that logic, Nintendo copied Eye Toy, which was made by Sony.

However, it is clear that the Wii's Success is part of why Kinect came out when it did.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#20 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Mario please just stop it. You're going to far by throwing out personal attacks.

Edited by Blasty, 16 February 2012 - 04:16 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!