#1 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

I was wondering what Nintendo next ip will be?

Nintendo over the years have made a great effort to make a juggernaut franchise per genre.For racing there's mario kart,for fighting there's smash bros.What I am saying is they have tried hard over the years to make sure that every genre has a nintendo franchise.Now they have lacked in 2 things shooter and online.They wont make a fps game as they are a japanease company and they cant make fps games so obviously that would mean Retro Studios could work on a fps.We know they can because of Metroid Prime Hunters on the ds.Thge other is the social aspect.Nintendo has always lacked in online connectivity but they would need a social game which brings people together and into a community.Games like Monster Hunter,Dragon Quest have all done it but Nintendo has never tried to do it themselves and I think they would be great at it because one thing we do know is they are the masters of gameplay so usually games like monster hunter and dragon quest kind of get boring after a while.So maybe we will see an online mmorg along with a fps at this e3

What new ip's would you want to see?
Posted Image

#2 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

Metroid is a Nintendo shooter, though it does lack online.

Edited by NinjaShock, 19 February 2012 - 02:13 AM.

#3 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

Metroid is a Nintendo shooter, though it does lack online.

It's more of a adventure though instead of a shooter.It can be tweeked into a shooter but that would ruin the franchise and make it a halo clone
Posted Image

#4 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:20 AM

It's more of a adventure though instead of a shooter.It can be tweeked into a shooter but that would ruin the franchise and make it a halo clone

Metroid has always been a shooter, even in the early games shooting things was the most fundamental game mechanic. I don't see how any shooter is automatically a Halo clone.

#5 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

Well with Nintendo it could be anything but I would really like a new Eternal Darkness. And a new Mario now to me would just attract trolls. A Metroid would be an excellent decision to revive the series but I would think that it would become much more "Hardcore" and would have things like online multiplayer. Though I would like a new Zelda I haven't finished Skyward Sword yet XD so I wouldn't be ready to play it!

But anyways I think anything is a possibility with Nintendo and it would be almost impossible to predict them.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#6 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

I think, looking at Nintendo's past, that a new IP WILL come at this year's E3, and my guess is that'll be a hardcore game for sure. The genre... hm. Random guess: RPG, Adventure, and Platformer? :P
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#7 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

in japan they can't make shooters? how does that make since . i don't understand why. besides friendcodes i don't understand whats so bad about nintendo's online . the connection(for me anyway) is usually very good.

PS- good topic

Signature_Fox.png

#8 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

I want it to be a something like Xenoblade.
Posted Image

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Already a thread for this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users