prepare yourself...for the Wii U

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

Big nintendo fan here and I'm excited for the Wii U. I also know as much as I love the Wii I can't go through another gen of wii treatment. This week there have been many reports(didn't want to post links not hard to fine look them up)of developers and industry insiders claiming Wii U is not as powerful as we think. Now im not a kill joy type of person. I'm also not sure if certain developers have final dev kits and these developers are the ones with early dev kits that are complaining?Obviously there has been many reports claiming the opposite. At this point I don't care about numbers or anything other than actual gameplay footage. So with crytech saying there cryengine will be running on Wii u next month at the GDC and epic claiming there new engine is gasp worthy... We have something to loook forward to. I know I can't do another gen of nintendo console getting watered down ports that's not worth the purchase price. I hope nintendo has learned there lesson and did what was necessary to compete with the next gen console from there rivals. But Manily I wanted to say we might want to prepare urself for anything that meaning the great and awesome or a bad letdown.

#2 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

Um The only rumor I heard about that was a random guy from NeoGaf that made his account 5 days ago who also has no Credibility whatsoever. I really hope game websites are not using that guys word as truth especially since it going against common sense.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 25 February 2012 - 05:40 AM.

#3 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

http://forum.beyond3...8&postcount=406
Posted Image

#4 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

http://forum.beyond3...8&postcount=406

yah this^ definately makes sense

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 25 February 2012 - 07:53 AM.

Signature_Fox.png

#5 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

I remember seeing that as well. I don't believe it since certain things the Wii U can do is 1080p resolution while most games on ps3 and xbox 360 are 720p or lower.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#6 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

It was confirmed that the Wii U is more powerful than the Xbox 360 and PS3, for me that's more than enough. But you're right, the console has to be sufficiently powerful to have good multiplatform games, but if the device is only slightly more powerful than the older generation, I am pleased that the Wii U is like the Gamecube and Nintendo 64. Many good first party titles and the occasional good third party titles. Hope it is not like the Wii, a few good titles of the first party and third party, and all that casual crap.

Edited by JD2995, 25 February 2012 - 01:12 PM.

Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#7 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

We are hearing mixed reports actually. But as you mentioned, I'd take CryTek's and EPIC GAMES' word for it. If they are impressed with the hardware, then we have absolutely nothing to worry about.

I'm pretty sure the fact that the Wii U will be running on 1080p native kinda gave it away.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#8 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

I don't think we should worry too much about these reports. Gaming journalists in general have had a massive bias against Nintendo for the longest time, I don't think they'd give them any praise no matter what they do. Remember when the Wiimote was revealed and every "professional journalist" under the sun was bashing it and calling it another failure for Nintendo? That all got proven wrong when the Wii became the best selling console of this gen, so it wouldn't surprise me to see these same people pulling crap out of thin air to bash the Wii U. Until we see what the Xbox 720 and PS4 can actually do, then we shouldn't jump to conclusions and call the Wii U underpowered.

Another thing is that the Wii was specifically designed to be a weak console. It was Nintendo's entire initial premise when they started the project, motion controls didn't come in until much later. The Wii U has not been designed around this idea, so right off the bat we can expect the graphical gap between it and it's competitors to be much smaller. How small the gap will actually be, though, will have to wait until we see how it compares to 720/PS4.

Posted Image

#9 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

I am not scared about wii U power, latest news say that even ps4 is going to have the same video card as xbox720!! 6670 (am I right?).. My only fear is about ORIGIN, because after this leak or roumor, nintendo didnt said anything. And this matters me most!

1) I will buy nintendo wii U if it comes without any kind of services like steam, origin (origin and steam are the same thing)
2) I will not buy will U if it comes with any kind of this type of services!

Its more like that for me and thats what I need to know from Nintendo... Here is a link + video included, that proves what they do collect and know

Edited by Orion, 25 February 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#10 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

its a rumour, but a likely one, read the whole article, some of that stuff is actually already pretty much confirmed, and it wouldnt be true if the wii u wasnt powerful enough to last through the whole of next gen :) i am not worried about power at all

http://gamrconnect.v...d.php?id=140474
Posted Image

#11 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

Nintendo is fine, worst case scenario they are only at par with the current PS3 and you have to "suffer" through playing incredibly crafted Nintendo games on a new console with a NintendoNetwork and multiple tablet controlers running PS3 ports (until 2014) and playing some of the best and longest running videogame series ever. Oh well, i suppose i can handle a little disappointment... XD
Posted Image

#12 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

The most likely scenario is that the Wii U is going to be strong and visually impressive, and then Microsoft and Sony are going to do everything in their power to make stronger next gen consoles. This is almost unavoidable and really, it's probably not all that important.

What IS important is that Nintendo will have a huge head-start on the next GEN war (they can argue about whether or not it's 'truly next-gen' all they want. The system is going to matter). They'll have an unstoppable momentum through the release of both competitors' systems along with a strong support system from 3rd party developers. The Wii U will be a force to be reckoned with. I'm sure of it.

#13 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

The most likely scenario is that the Wii U is going to be strong and visually impressive, and then Microsoft and Sony are going to do everything in their power to make stronger next gen consoles. This is almost unavoidable and really, it's probably not all that important

Actually, I beg to differ about Microsoft. We had numerous rumour reports that Microsoft is going for a weaker GPU than that of the Wii U. Rumour has it that they are also planning to use a tablet controller which will make extra use of the Kinect. If Microsoft goes for the 'casual' audience next generation, it wouldn't be all surprising; considering the amount of money they are making with the Xbox Kinect.

But remember, these are all just rumours. But if they were to come into reality, then we will see an interesting next-gen ahead of us indeed.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#14 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Actually, I beg to differ about Microsoft. We had numerous rumour reports that Microsoft is going for a weaker GPU than that of the Wii U. Rumour has it that they are also planning to use a tablet controller which will make extra use of the Kinect. If Microsoft goes for the 'casual' audience next generation, it wouldn't be all surprising; considering the amount of money they are making with the Xbox Kinect.

But remember, these are all just rumours. But if they were to come into reality, then we will see an interesting next-gen ahead of us indeed.

wii u will have plenty enough power. as long as the resolution is the same i think the games will look fine if they are going to run full 60 fps, at 1080p hd. If rumors are true wii u will be in the middle of the console power next gen. considering like YOU said, the next xbox will probably be a cheaper and weaker system that will focus on the kinect, and previous gen accesories . As for the next playstation, i think it will be in an interesting predicament . Sony will be coming into the war late, and might have some problems catching the market that was taken with the other systems. I think Sony will have to make the PS4 the most powerful system, with some unique capabilities or else it will have problems selling.

Signature_Fox.png

#15 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

I am not scared about wii U power, latest news say that even ps4 is going to have the same video card as xbox720!! 6670 (am I right?).. My only fear is about ORIGIN, because after this leak or roumor, nintendo didnt said anything. And this matters me most!

1) I will buy nintendo wii U if it comes without any kind of services like steam, origin (origin and steam are the same thing)
2) I will not buy will U if it comes with any kind of this type of services!

Its more like that for me and thats what I need to know from Nintendo... Here is a link + video included, that proves what they do collect and know

That makes no sense. If they had the services, nothing says you have to use them. I see having these services as a huge advantage, because I can play all my PC games on my Wii U, and my Valve/EA Wii U games on my PC.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Then you may not know what this services are. They manipulate gamers as a testing subject and unrespectful to gamers. This negativeness will move into nintendo. So they will lose lots of the nintendo generation customers. I will never invest in a game that manipulates me and harassed my private life and information. How about a machine with this virus attached!.. Nintendo will lose its nintendo character, if they do that.

Edited by Orion, 27 February 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Origin is terrible, but so is your grammar.

Origin will probably be on the Wii U, but it will only be a pain for EA games.
Think of how Steamworks works on the PS3.

Also, Nintendo don't comment on rumour and speculation.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm ready for the Wii U!

#19 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Don't worry about me. My body has been ready for the Wii U to kick ass and take names ever since E3 2011. B)
Posted Image

#20 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock, thats all I hear in my head every day. As each day passes we get that much closer to being saved from the current abominations known as the PS3 and Xbox 360. (While I dont hate the 360 I am incredibly bored with it)
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!