Photo

Epic Vice President Says “I’d Be Shocked If Wii U Doesn’t Do Well” And “E3 Will Be A Big Eye Opener

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

http://mynintendonew...#comment-166805

“I like the Wii U. I think E3 will be a big eye-opener for people.

“I played Batman: Arkham City on the Wii U and they are doing some really cool stuff with the controller.

“Do you remember the Zelda demo they had on it? Would you not buy a Wii U just to play that? Of course you would. That’s what Nintendo is all about. Their hardware is the software delivery service for their great content. That Zelda demo was gorgeous and we can do even more than that with Unreal Engine 3. I think it will do great.”

“It’s a great brand that a lot of parents really trust and they’re probably ready to buy their kids an HD Wii that does that much more than just being an HD Wii.

“I’d love it if they’d done it last year, but I’m excited for them to do it this year. I’d be shocked if it doesn’t do well.

“Did you play that Battle Mii game? Two players would play with a Wii Remote and Nunchuk and one would play with the Wii U controller?

“I would buy a Wii U to play that game in a heartbeat. And I hope people make those kind of games with our technology. I think we’ve yet to really see what the Wii U can do and I think at E3 this year they’re going to shock us.”

Super Excited for E3:D.

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Wii U hype levels rising... :o Getting worried that I won't be able to contain it before E3 rolls around :P

Edited by Deadly Virus, 12 March 2012 - 01:56 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

I don't know what more proof the hater need this console is the real deal. I guess for some seeing is believing. E3 is going to be big and very important for nintendo.

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

look if this guy is saying this, we're set, seriously, it just makes sense now that we can all rest assured that the wii u has been future proofed for next gen :) not necessarily the power house, but its gonna get the UE4 multiplats im sure :)

great day to be happy about the wii u, almost all concerns put to rest, all i want know is an improved controller layout
Posted Image

#5 esper

esper

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo The Muppets Pokemon Yu-Gi-Oh

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

I AM OFFICIALLY A HAPPY LEANING TOWER OF PANDAS!!!1!!1!!

#6 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Fantastic news... cannot wait for E3.

#7 Agent000

Agent000

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

"An eye-opener."

I can barely hold in my excitement any longer. SOMETHING is going to happen E3 that nobody was expecting, that will completely astound us and blow the competition out of the water.
Agent000 on Youtube:
BreakfastBAGELL
Porcellusstudios

"E3, Y U NO COME NOW?"

#8 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

I kinda wish he didn't say this, because the wait for E3 is going to kill me.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

That's good, but I'll make up my own mind.

Interesting that the article also states they've got no titles in development for the Wii U.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

That's good, but I'll make up my own mind.

Interesting that the article also states they've got no titles in development for the Wii U.

Don't quote me on this but I think it was confirmed they are working on something for the Wii U, not 100% sure though so.

#11 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

http://mynintendonew...#comment-166805

“I like the Wii U. I think E3 will be a big eye-opener for people.

“I played Batman: Arkham City on the Wii U and they are doing some really cool stuff with the controller.

“Do you remember the Zelda demo they had on it? Would you not buy a Wii U just to play that? Of course you would. That’s what Nintendo is all about. Their hardware is the software delivery service for their great content. That Zelda demo was gorgeous and we can do even more than that with Unreal Engine 3. I think it will do great.”

“It’s a great brand that a lot of parents really trust and they’re probably ready to buy their kids an HD Wii that does that much more than just being an HD Wii.

“I’d love it if they’d done it last year, but I’m excited for them to do it this year. I’d be shocked if it doesn’t do well.

“Did you play that Battle Mii game? Two players would play with a Wii Remote and Nunchuk and one would play with the Wii U controller?

“I would buy a Wii U to play that game in a heartbeat. And I hope people make those kind of games with our technology. I think we’ve yet to really see what the Wii U can do and I think at E3 this year they’re going to shock us.”

Super Excited for E3:D.

It sounds overall good but that got me worried.

#12 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

It sounds overall good but that got me worried.

Why?.

#13 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

Why?.

It kind of implies that they're only really considering UE3 on Wii U, rather than "real" next gen tech. But then if UE3 is able to be pushed as far as they say it is, then UE4 might not even arrive until around the next-next gen.

Posted Image

#14 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Why?.

WIth the guys at Unreal saying stuff like Next gen is going to be using unreal 4 and stuff and but than a couple of day or so later Mark starts talking about the wiiu and unlike the other consoles(next gen will be using Unreal 4) he just said pretty much "Oh yeah the wiiu will do Unreal engine 3 great " which felt like it almost was ment as a insult even though I assume its the most advance version of unreal engine 3.

#15 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Man, I get more excited by the day!
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#16 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

I Just wished he did a nudge at Wiiu being able to run Unreal engine 4 I mean I know they probably can't even revel yet what runs Unreal engine 4 but it just bugs me its like if He was talking about the 360 a couple months before it launches and says "Oh yeah it will be able to run Unreal engine 2 just fine " But I do know that the Unreal engine 4 I think just got official confirmed less than a week ago or so it just feels like he poking fun at us especially since Unreal engine 3 is now because of UE4 going to be mainly focused on Phone gaming with the PC and consoles doing Unreal engine 4.

#17 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I Just wished he did a nudge at Wiiu being able to run Unreal engine 4 I mean I know they probably can't even revel yet what runs Unreal engine 4 but it just bugs me its like if He was talking about the 360 a couple months before it launches and says "Oh yeah it will be able to run Unreal engine 2 just fine " But I do know that the Unreal engine 4 I think just got official confirmed less than a week ago or so it just feels like he poking fun at us especially since Unreal engine 3 is now because of UE4 going to be mainly focused on Phone gaming with the PC and consoles doing Unreal engine 4.

dude ur too sceptical, i dont know what it will take to convince u, these people arent going to spoil their E3 performances just cos u cant imagine wii u being real next gen, when they say they are delighted and think its going to succeed, then it will. how many times do developers have to say its powerful before u are satisfied?
Posted Image

#18 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Nintendo Ninjas All Companies Fear Them!

LordPickleton.png

#19 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

dude ur too sceptical, i dont know what it will take to convince u, these people arent going to spoil their E3 performances just cos u cant imagine wii u being real next gen, when they say they are delighted and think its going to succeed, then it will. how many times do developers have to say its powerful before u are satisfied?

I just think Mark saying that was bad timing I would have Liked him to say it works good on our software instead mainly because I know he doesn't like Nintendo from my memories which could be positive that he likes something from Nintendo but some of the stuff he said in that interview like "I would buy the wiiu just for battle mii" who knows maybe his opinion has changed on Nintendo or who knows.I'm normally happy with good news I just don't like the way he responded.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 12 March 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#20 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Just wait until E3, then everyone will see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!