Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

http://mynintendonew...intendo-laughs/

Nintendo has a tremendous oppurtunity to dominate the e3 headlines and, if they play their cards right, get a huge headstart on Microsoft and Sony next gen. Thoughts?

PS I bet Nintendo is secretly dancing and singing this:

And guy with Reggie, Iwata, and Miyamoto dancing in the car for a sig, please respond so I can watch them dance to one of the best 90s dance songs. Thanks.

Edited by Fig, 15 March 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#2 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Why do I not believe any of this maybe its cause I heard the same thing before............................................................. I hope its not true for Nintendo sake people are treating this like a great victory but it may be a battle of Jutland.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 15 March 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#3 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

@Lonely Koopa yeah, its a rumor so take it with a grain of salt. But on David's post on wiiublog.com, he that the the rumor "was confirmed by David Dennis, a spokesperson for Microsoft."

#4 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

@Lonely Koopa yeah, its a rumor so take it with a grain of salt. But on David's post on wiiublog.com, he that the the rumor "was confirmed by David Dennis, a spokesperson for Microsoft."

If a person ask a big company will their new console be their at e3 do you expect them to say "Yes It will we will be showing off the 720 at E3" no they will not they want it to be a surprise .

#5 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

If a person ask a big company will their new console be their at e3 do you expect them to say "Yes It will we will be showing off the 720 at E3" no they will not they want it to be a surprise .

Good point. I understand you skepticism, but it is interesting that this is even a rumor, since we all expect(ed) it to be there.

#6 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

The problem I have is this is good and bad for Nintendo but mostly bad if Microsoft doesn't show the new xbox at e3 since that means it will be shown 2013 and be released 2014.

Positive: Nintendo is given a headstart next gen.

Negative : Chances are till the new consoles are released all the wiiu will get is port of 360 games.
Negative : Chances are if its 2 years from now the 360 will be more powerful by a larger margin which if it was released in 2013 it wouldn't be.
Negative: People will proclaim since the wiiu spent 2 years with last gen systems and getting ports of last gen system that it is a last gen system .

Now if the 720 was released in 2013 this will happen (its good)
Positive : The wiiu wont have to suffer many ports from 360 games.
Positive: Nintendo wiiu could be what everybody makes games on and port it to others (ala 360 this gen)
Positive: with the 720 and wiiu at the same power even if sony releases their console 3 to 4 years later with extreame power ,because of the 720 and wiiu headstart the games will be the same quality.
Positive: since the 720 and wiiu will be on similar power levels it will be easier to port from each other and thus lowers development time.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 15 March 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#7 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

The problem I have is this is good and bad for Nintendo but mostly bad if Microsoft doesn't show the new xbox at e3 since that means it will be shown 2013 and be released 2014.

Positive: Nintendo is given a headstart next gen.

Negative : Chances are till the new consoles are released all the wiiu will get is port of 360 games.
Negative : Chances are if its 2 years from now the 360 will be more powerful by a larger margin which if it was released in 2013 it wouldn't be.
Negative: People will proclaim since the wiiu spent 2 years with last gen systems and getting ports of last gen system that it is a last gen system .

Now if the 720 was released in 2013 this will happen (its good)
Positive : The wiiu wont have to suffer many ports from 360 games.
Positive: Nintendo wiiu could be what everybody makes games on and port it to others (ala 360 this gen)
Positive: with the 720 and wiiu at the same power even if sony releases their console 3 to 4 years later with extreame power ,because of the 720 and wiiu headstart the games will be the same quality.
Positive: since the 720 and wiiu will be on similar power levels it will be easier to port from each other and thus lowers development time.

I knew from the start the Xbox 720 would not release this year, I know it will most likely be released in 2013 and Microsoft confirmed they will announce the 720 in 2013

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-15/microsoft-says-it-won-t-be-discussing-new-xbox-at-e3-conference.html

The 720 and Wii U would most likely be like the PS2 and GameCube to each other or Xbox 360 and PS3 to each other, not a big difference in power.

#8 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

I knew from the start the Xbox 720 would not release this year, I know it will most likely be released in 2013 and Microsoft confirmed they will announce the 720 in 2013

http://www.bloomberg...conference.html

The 720 and Wii U would most likely be like the PS2 and GameCube to each other or Xbox 360 and PS3 to each other, not a big difference in power.

IF the console is released the same year it is confirmed than it would be fine and would be preferable for Nintendo (allows them to win E3) but my question how many consoles release the same year they are announce at e3? But if 720 is released in 2014 it would hurt Nintendo but help them if it is released in 2013.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 15 March 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

From your own link, http://www.bloomberg...conference.html

The company may show the successor to its Xbox 360 in June 2013 at the E3 conference and put it on sale that same year, said the people, who declined to be named because the plans are confidential. David Dennis, a company spokesman, said earlier today that Microsoft won’t discuss new Xbox hardware at this year’s E3, quelling speculation that the device would be unveiled at the 2012 show.

Edited by Nollog, 15 March 2012 - 05:21 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

IF the console is released the same year it is confirmed than it would be fine and would be preferable for Nintendo (allows them to win E3) but my question how many consoles release the same year they are announce at e3? But if 720 is released in 2014 it would hurt Nintendo but help them if it is released in 2013.

They did it for the 360 they will most likely do it for the 720.

#11 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

They did it for the 360 they will most likely do it for the 720.

Good I did not know that and more good news for Nintendo (its sad that it seems Nintendo success (mainly with 3rd parties) Depends on that Microsoft releases their console in 2013 and not 2014 (I hope Microsoft isn't looking at this)

#12 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Good I did not know that and more good news for Nintendo (its sad that it seems Nintendo success (mainly with 3rd parties) Depends on that Microsoft releases their console in 2013 and not 2014 (I hope Microsoft isn't looking at this)

Let's just hope Nintendo makes sure the Wii U is future proof and will be able to comepete with PS4 and 720.

#13 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Let's just hope Nintendo makes sure the Wii U is future proof and will be able to comepete with PS4 and 720.

Yeah but as long as the wiiu and 720 are at around the same power it will be fine since even if the ps4 was to release with a huge power difference because of the 720 and wiiu it graphics other than in 1st party games will hardly if at all surpass the wiiu and 720.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 15 March 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#14 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Yeah but as long as the wiiu and 720 are at around the same power it will be fine since even if the ps4 was to release with a huge power difference because of the 720 and wiiu it graphics other than in 1st party games will hardly if at all surpass the wiiu and 720.

^This

#15 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Here's the response you asked for. Enjoy!
Posted Image

#16 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

It will not depend on what Microsoft and Sony does with their consoles. It will depend on the success of the Wii U. Developers will only care about the console(s) that will make them the most money. One generation have everyone confused to think that is the normal. This current generation was mostly different because of the wide spread of HD. It was the first time in the gaming industry that the resolution standard was changed when dealing with TV based consoles (gaming machines). I mean the first time. You can't worry about that stuff. Developers were really upset with themselves for not taking advantage of Wii. It was too late by the time they learned their mistake. Google it and you will see it.

#17 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

I knew Microsoft wouldn't announce the NextBox this year. I'm sure they will still be focusing more on the Kinect for just a little while longer.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#18 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

Here's the response you asked for. Enjoy!

lol thanks!

#19 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

You know what I think would be cool? If they just didn't release a new XBox at all...

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#20 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:46 AM

You know what I think would be cool? If they just didn't release a new XBox at all...

A lot of people would disagree, lol. But I would say that, for me personally, if Nintendo gains the 3rd party support they want, I will have no need for a second console. Halo and Gears are fun and all, but I could do w/o them. Same goes for Sony exclusives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!