• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 trago1337

trago1337

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

after seeing the ubisoft roundtable i realized that that there are a lot of cool things that the new controller can do, like scoping out the map in ghost recon. this controller really opens the doors to new things that can be incorporated in to the game, for example, imagine playing a third person metroid game, on the television you're playing samus, but on the screen, you can view the game in first person through samus' visor, and the motion controls in the controller allow you to turn samus' head to view the enviornment. can you imagine the level of immersion you can get with that, ON TOP of high definition? nintendo can pull some genre defining stuff here. (not that they already haven't) i want to know what you can think of. make it creative, yet simple. B)

Edited by trago1337, 13 June 2011 - 06:32 PM.

#2 MagmaBeatles

MagmaBeatles

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shin Megami Tensei, Zelda and Metroid

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

All I can think of is how easier it'll be to play RTS games on consoles now. Seeing as you can see the touch screen as a mouse of sorts.

#3 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

I cant wait go play shooters on the thing with the new controller! Like shown in the demonstration video shown at E3, the could sell a sort of Wii zapper thing that mounts the controller, and on the screen, you see a battle field. But say you are using a sniper, if you see something you want to zoom in on with the scope, you could tap a button on the controller and see through the scope on the controller screen. That would be amazing! Plus, the ghost recon video, as you said shows amazing options they could use for the game! Can't wait! Only like, a year till it comes out!!!!! B)
Posted Image

#4 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

I think that this could be an awesome console for some innovative shooters.
Metroid Online FPS Nintendo B)

But with the new controller it opens it up for heaps other games like RTS games different styles of puzzle games.

#5 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

Okami easy as that
Posted Image

#6 larsberg

larsberg

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

Card games like Magic, pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!
Unfortunately you would need 2 WiiUltra controllers.
But it would bee awesome

#7 Droenix

Droenix

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

All I can think of is how easier it'll be to play RTS games on consoles now. Seeing as you can see the touch screen as a mouse of sorts.

Yeah, I'd love to see RTS games come to consoles, at least with great controls. Imagine the news reports of Koreans playing Starcraft 2 or something on the Wii U game controller, "Starcraft 2 player breaks Wii U game controller while playing the game."
Posted Image

#8 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

This trailer for Ghost Recon Online already has me excited for the kind of gameplay capabilities we will be seeing with this thing.

GRO

I can't wait to hear more about this console. Hopefully Nintendo will have something at TGS this year.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#9 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

hmm maybe something small in a non split screen third person co-op game (very specific I know :D). When you get in a vehicle the player controlling the car would be driving on the tv and have a map displayed on his controller to navigate with, while the person controlling a turret on the vehicle would have the option of looking at his controller for a first person view for better accuracy. Physically moving the controller to move the turret around. This way both players can hold a new controller but only 1 of them has heavy data streamed to it, as a concern atm is whether or not the console can stream full games to 2 controllers.

Thats actually the only thing I can come up with so far thats not been shown by Nintendo already.

Edited by TheSparrow87, 14 June 2011 - 01:03 PM.

#10 trago1337

trago1337

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

hmm maybe something small in a non split screen third person co-op game (very specific I know :D). When you get in a vehicle the player controlling the car would be driving on the tv and have a map displayed on his controller to navigate with, while the person controlling a turret on the vehicle would have the option of looking at his controller for a first person view for better accuracy. Physically moving the controller to move the turret around. This way both players can hold a new controller but only 1 of them has heavy data streamed to it, as a concern atm is whether or not the console can stream full games to 2 controllers.

Thats actually the only thing I can come up with so far thats not been shown by Nintendo already.

see, there we go! lol, i like the idea, lets just hope developers have the guts to take that extra mile and do something with this.

#11 Sonic11

Sonic11

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

Personally i want a game like Valkirya Chronicles where there is RTS game and 3rd person gameplay.Peronally i should be set in 1920-40 where you play as the Government against Al Copone's gang
Posted Image

#12 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Personally i want a game like Valkirya Chronicles where there is RTS game and 3rd person gameplay.Peronally i should be set in 1920-40 where you play as the Government against Al Copone's gang

How about this then:
Imagine an RTS game with Hero units, like Warcraft III. One player would be controlling groups of units RTS style on tv while a second player takes full control of the Hero unit as a third person RPG on his own screen. Could provide some interesting co-op, RTS player has better field of vision allowing him to give tips on where to go on the battlefield while he provides support with his army. Could maybe even expand the RTS series into something more. While RTS is creating buildings and units to prepare for battle, the rpg'er goes around doing small quests to gain resources quicker or unlock certain buildings for the RTS'er. Those buildings in turn provide better weapons or armor for the RPG'er.

I may be going a bit crazy here though :D

#13 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

The guys making Battlefield 3 have actually made a suggestion for such an idea for battlefield 3 if it were on Wii U.

Something about one player controlling a vehicle while the other is controlling the vehicle's turret on the controller screen.

It would be great if they did such things for a Wii U BF3 version (which I think is likely even if it comes months after the other versions).
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#14 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:38 PM

The guys making Battlefield 3 have actually made a suggestion for such an idea for battlefield 3 if it were on Wii U.

Something about one player controlling a vehicle while the other is controlling the vehicle's turret on the controller screen.

It would be great if they did such things for a Wii U BF3 version (which I think is likely even if it comes months after the other versions).

Glad third party developers are already thinking outside of what Nintendo initially showed at the press conference. This is going be to one hell of a long year...

#15 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

It would be awesome to see either a port of L.A. Noire or a sequel for Wii U that incorporates the notebook into the Touch Screen. You can turn pages with a flick of the finger, and you can read your suspects' faces easier without needing to switch to the notebook on the TV.

You could also have a new Binocular function that allows the player to peer around the environment from every angle to find clues in the distance. Evidence could also be moved to the Touch Screen for closer & more detailed investigation.

Edited by nintendofreak247, 14 June 2011 - 03:48 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Jubies

Jubies

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

I TOTALLY agree with Okami, I would love that. But I was thinking, since Ubisoft announced Assassin's Creed for it, and it seems like Eagle vision is going to be used more in the new game, it would be pretty awesome if you could hold up your controller to the tv to see the world in Eagle Vision through your controller.

#17 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

If they made an Okami for it, it would seem like it was made for it: a tablet to write on (for the Celestial Brush), high quality graphics (to make it look like it's actually painted on the TV), and a high memory capacity (to make the game quite lengthy)!

#18 Axxer

Axxer

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

My idea is a sort of hide-and-seek shooter. One player takes the Wii U controller with a zapper. He is a sniper and runs around trying to kill the other three players (or computer simulations). The other three players just run around trying not to get killed until time runs out. Its kinda the opposite of the "Chase Me" demo.

#19 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

My idea is a sort of hide-and-seek shooter. One player takes the Wii U controller with a zapper. He is a sniper and runs around trying to kill the other three players (or computer simulations). The other three players just run around trying not to get killed until time runs out. Its kinda the opposite of the "Chase Me" demo.

In general I think mounting a the new controller on a modified zapper will create awesome sniping experiences.

#20 Sonic11

Sonic11

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:34 AM

I really want a True Grit game made by Rockstar
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!