Photo

Is it MAYBE time to bring some fresh ideas to nintendo HQ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Nobody in the worrld can deny thaat miyamoto and the gang are the gods of gaming as we no it. Just like the rolling stones are the gods of rock music and still playing! But i sometimes feel that they aare little stuck in there ways a little in some of there hardware requirments. I bit like my granda ma refusing to buy an HD tv because theres nothing wrong with is old one! I may be wrong and im buyin wii u but i was just wandering what u thought? Please nobody dressed as link give ur opinion :)

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

They don't need fresh ideas, they rather need to return to their old ones. What people don't realise is that Nintendo is fully capable of making amazing hardware and graphics. Anyone who owned a SNES, N64 or GameCube knows that Nintendo was once the king of good hardware on consoles. I think they kind of went astray when the Wii was released, and unfortunately I don't see many signs of that changing with the Wii U. I just hope that they have the sense to make a powerful enough machine to stand up to their competitors this time.

Posted Image

#3 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

They don't need fresh ideas, they rather need to return to their old ones. What people don't realise is that Nintendo is fully capable of making amazing hardware and graphics. Anyone who owned a SNES, N64 or GameCube knows that Nintendo was once the king of good hardware on consoles. I think they kind of went astray when the Wii was released, and unfortunately I don't see many signs of that changing with the Wii U. I just hope that they have the sense to make a powerful enough machine to stand up to their competitors this time.

^THIS!
Besides, the Wii U isn't fresh enough for you? O.o

#4 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

I wouldn't say fresh Ideas... More a different prospective. I feel like NOA should be taking care of th core or hardcore gamers. Powerful hardware and big third part franchises. Just like nintendo of japan more than supplies it gamers with the rpg's that they want. How long did gamers have to protest to get the last story, xenoblade, and pandoras tower release in the west. Exactly! I think for nintendo they need someone tp step up and take care of their western gamers and fans.

#5 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

If the new ideas are fun, then sure, sounds great. Otherwise, forget it.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#6 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Its inportant nintendo keeps there identity but i wish they were a little more adventurious with there hardware specs as they were with there controlers. They wud be unstopable!

#7 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Miyamoto is making a new IP...Theres your fresh new idea. Nintendo needs to stick with what brought it to the dance in the first place. And thats its classics. A new game here and there fine. But how about we bring back Starfox and F-Zero and Megaman before new stuff that may or may not suck.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#8 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Miyamoto is making a new IP...Theres your fresh new idea. Nintendo needs to stick with what brought it to the dance in the first place. And thats its classics. A new game here and there fine. But how about we bring back Starfox and F-Zero and Megaman before new stuff that may or may not suck.

#9 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Miyamoto is making a new IP...Theres your fresh new idea.

Well, that was easy. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#10 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Posted Image
Nuff said.
Posted Image

#11 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Nintendo was critisized for not making new IP's last gen. The thing is they did, but most were deemed "casual". Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Music, Steel Diver, etc.

However, Miyamoto has announced he is making a new IP that will be the next big thing.

What Nintendo needs to do is bring over franchises to the Wii U that skipped the Wii (Star Fox, Pikmin, F-Zero) and revive old franchises like Earthbound, Top Gear (Forza Killer), and Kid Icarus. (Kid Icarus: Uprising is so different from its NES counterpart that its practically a new IP)

And a new Fire Emblem built from the ground up for the Wii U (I loved Radiant Dawn but it was obviously developed for the GCN and ported onto the Wii).

Add to that all the new IP's on the eShop like Pushmo and Nintendo's big hitter IP's (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros.) and this may be the best Nintendo console ever when it comes to 1st party content.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!