Photo

Does anyone notice how the bad rumors came right after the bad PS4/720 rumors?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Last weak that's what everyone was talking about "What!?, the PS4 and 720 won't play used games and won't be BC with PS3 and 360?" I am so getting the Wii U now, and then when everyone started loving the Wii U bad rumors came and said it was weaker, this could of been a plan to knock down the Wii U so people will love the PS4 and 720 again and now the trolls got all the attention they are making it worse, what do you think?.

#2 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Yeah, I've been seeing tons of topics on forums with links to websites that no one knew about till a matter of days ago claiming that anonymous devs say the Wiiu sucks. Seriously, you'd have to be a troll or a moron to believe any of that.
As you said, its just from Xbots and PSboys that are ticked off about all of the horrible PS4/720 rumors. In all honesty, I doubt they are true, cause if they are, then Nintendo will be the only console manufacturer after next gen :/

Edited by andodel, 04 April 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#3 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Yeah, I've been seeing tons of topics on forums with links to websites that no one knew about till a matter of days ago claiming that anonymous devs say the Wiiu sucks. Seriously, you'd have to be a troll or a moron to believe any of that.
As you said, its just from Xbots and PSboys that are ticked off about all of the horrible PS4/720 rumors. In all honesty, I doubt they are true, cause if they are, then Nintendo will be the only console manufacturer after next gen :/

Yes, look at this

Originally Posted by CVG:
This week development sources told CVG that Wii U games look "just as good" as Xbox 360 and PS3 titles, but that Nintendo's console still struggles to match its rivals when it comes to processor intensive game systems such as complicated physics and AI.

'Cause earlier this week it was:

Originally Posted by CVG:
Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz under the condition of anonymity, one source said to be familiar with the hardware commented: "No, it's not up to the same level as the PS3 or the 360. The graphics are just not as powerful."

Another developer agreed: "Yeah, that's true. It doesn't produce graphics as well as the PS3 or the 360. There aren't as many shaders, it's not as capable. Sure, some things are better, mostly as a result of it being a more modern design. But overall the Wii U just can't quite keep up."

But hey, it's ok to post contradictory information in the span of a week - it's not the journalist's fault, it's the damn sources.

So now it says the graphics are on par with 360/PS3 while a few days ago it said they are weaker then 360/PS3, intresting right?.

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

I am a teenager but I bet the fanboys who are trolling are just a bunch of kids or teenagers who have no gaming experience except from COD whatsoever. They hate on Nintendo? Well, I bet they've never played Zelda or Mario Galaxy.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

I am a teenager but I bet the fanboys who are trolling are just a bunch of kids or teenagers who have no gaming experience except from COD whatsoever. They hate on Nintendo? Well, I bet they've never played Zelda or Mario Galaxy.

I've read a comment from someone that said "graphics over gameplay anyday" I was shocked.

#6 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

A lot of these are also "grown men" you can find these silly ponys so easily.

-I know this part is about Battlefield vs COD, but I think you get the point.
"Battlefield 3 may beat MW3 in gameplay and other stuff, but it won't beat it in sales and online because Battlefield sucks and it's for (cats)" I will show you one of his not good videos once I find him again.

Edited by Cerberuz, 04 April 2012 - 01:43 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#7 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

I've read a comment from someone that said "graphics over gameplay anyday" I was shocked.

A lot of these are also "grown men" you can find these silly ponys so easily.

-I know this part is about Battlefield vs COD, but I think you get the point.
"Battlefield 3 may beat MW3 in gameplay and other stuff, but it won't beat it in sales and online because Battlefield sucks and it's for (cats)" I will show you one of his not good videos once I find him again.

Welcome to the Internet!
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#8 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

To be fair, even Nintendo fanboys get it on it and try to take down the Sony and Xbox fanboys down a notch. All consoles have not good fanboys.

There was a theory on NeoGaF (this has happened before actually, it is a popular marketing tactic) where Microsoft and Sony pay ppl to basically make some bad press for their competitors so draw attention away. If the rumors are true that the Wii U has the stage to itself at E3 and no successors to the PS or Xbox will be announced, then I can see Microsoft or Sony hiring ppl to carp on Nintendo and leak false information. It goes both ways too. I'm sure Nintendo has hired ppl to make articles about how Xbox won't have BC or play used games, etc.

The theory fits. Last week everyone was like "if the PS4 and Xbox don't play used or arent backwards compatible, then I'm getting a Wii U or sticking to PC". A Sony or Microsoft employee reads that (GaF has huge influence in the industry, as well as N4G and IGN) and starts doing PR control and tries to deflect the negativity to it's competitor to avoid Xbox's issue ( a Red Herring http://en.wikipedia....iki/Red_herring)
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

I totally agree with you guys. Anyway, I still think a couple of rival gamers might buy the Wii U since the Xbox '720' and 'PS4' is ages away. I really think Nintendo made a smart move there.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

I don't class the recent rumours as "bad".
If the Wii U is as powerful as the 360 and that bit more needed for the controller, it'll do great-looking games, and Nintendo's own games(same thing, but these are worth splitting into a second point).
Also, if it's going to cost me more than 350 euro, I'm out.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

I don't class the recent rumours as "bad".
If the Wii U is as powerful as the 360 and that bit more needed for the controller, it'll do great-looking games, and Nintendo's own games(same thing, but these are worth splitting into a second point).
Also, if it's going to cost me more than 350 euro, I'm out.

I'm wanting it to be more powerful since as powerful as a 360 with a controller making it weaker it won't even be able to do proper 720p for most games(unless the games are 2d) and that takes away support for most games right there . paying anything more than 80 to 100 dollars if its weaker than the 360 is a rip off ,Nintendo titles are not a good enough reason to put up my money for that considering I have a 3ds for that which if the rumors are true than my 3ds is about as close to a wiiu as it is to a vita and that isn't far.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 05 April 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'm wanting it to be more powerful since as powerful as a 360 with a controller making it weaker it won't even be able to do proper 720p for most games(unless the games are 2d) and that takes away support for most games right there . paying anything more than 80 to 100 dollars if its weaker than the 360 is a rip off ,Nintendo titles are not a good enough reason to put up my money for that considering I have a 3ds for that which if the rumors are true than my 3ds is about as close to a wiiu as it is to a vita and that isn't far.

That's a shame. I thought we had the exact same idea of what constituted value on a games console.
I guess we have differing opinions on what's worth x, y, and z. :'(

Wait for official details to judge it.

Edited by Nollog, 05 April 2012 - 11:06 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

That's a shame. I thought we had the exact same idea of what constituted value on a games console.
I guess we have differing opinions on what's worth x, y, and z. :'(

Wait for official details to judge it.

people have different Ideals on what they want for a console which is pretty obvious since everybody looking for different things. Like for me personally Third parties are just as important as Nintendo titles and yet I lack the budget to buy multiple consoles,I Just hope that these rumors are wrong considering it would suck if Nintendo was lying the entire time saying it was a HD console when it turns out it was sub HD with chances of it running most games in 480p just like the wii and my PC won't last me next generation in games it hardly plays modern games getting it to run BF3 was extreamly hard and that was just the story mode I can't run it online .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 05 April 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#14 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Nope people have different Ideals on what they want for a console which is pretty obvious since everybody looking for different things. Like for me personally Third parties are just as important as Nintendo titles and yet I lack the budget to buy multiple consoles,I Just hope that these rumors are wrong considering it would suck if Nintendo was lying the entire time saying it was a HD console when it turns out it was sub HD with chances of it running most games in 480p just like the wii and my PC won't last me next generation in games it hardly plays modern games getting it to run BF3 was extreamly hard and that was just the story mode I can't run it online .

This is how I feel as well, I want the Wii U to be powerful enough to get a majority of third party support in the next generation.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

There will be no excuse for third parties not to port their games to the Wii U until PS4 and 720 come out, and even then, the excuse won't cut it.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

There will be no excuse for third parties not to port their games to the Wii U until PS4 and 720 come out, and even then, the excuse won't cut it.

Well their is no excuse til ps4 and 720 comes out that is true but when they come out I think it might cut it since if the wiiu is weaker than the 360 and ps3 it takes any games using UE4 out of the equation of being ported as well as titles using any newer engines that come out next gen Cryengine 3 hardly runs on the 360 and ps3 so we can take games using it next gen out of the equation as well (unless they use their phone version ) as well as that takes many frostbite 2 games out the equation since 360 and ps3 lots of times don't run that engine well so it can only be worse on the wiiu if its weaker than both . If this weaker than 360 and ps3 rumors turns out to be true we I guess can expect to get Vita ports and some phone ports to our new home console.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 05 April 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Well their is no excuse til ps4 and 720 comes out that is true but when they come out I think it might cut it since if the wiiu is weaker than the 360 and ps3 it takes any games using UE4 out of the equation of being ported as well as titles using any newer engines that come out next gen Cryengine 3 hardly runs on the 360 and ps3 so we can take games using it next gen out of the equation as well (unless they use their phone version ) as well as that takes many frostbite 2 games out the equation since 360 and ps3 lots of times don't run that engine well so it can only be worse on the wiiu if its weaker than both . If this weaker than 360 and ps3 rumors turns out to be true we I guess can expect to get Vita ports and some phone ports to our new home console.

1. how does a new console coming make the games currently being worked on for the current consoles any less relevant?
There's no excuse.
2. UE4 is all about downscaling, it should be fine.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

1. how does a new console coming make the games currently being worked on for the current consoles any less relevant?
There's no excuse.
2. UE4 is all about downscaling, it should be fine.

First question confuses me But I assume you confused me It doesn't their both relevant but I talking about the long run not the first year of the system .

Second question : UE3 is about Downscaling I don't remember them saying UE4 is going to be about Downscaling and even if is ,downscaling to lower than 360/ps3 quality is quite a hassel and for UE4 may not be possible option for devs to since it will require them to lower all the models to lower polygons and lower textures and effects and everything to a point its like asking why isn't UE3 running on the 3ds if its about downscaling which is because its to much of a hassel and will give the quality of the previous version IE Ue2 .So yeah getting UE4 on the wiiu is more or less likely of it being on the psvita since apparently they are going twins this generation in graphical ability if these rumors are correct.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 05 April 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#19 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

It is funny about all these rumors. No one is talking about the rumored specs of the PS4/Orbis. On Ign people were hating on them but there is no backlash on that. Nintendo so popular that the world either love them or hate them. It comes with the territory. Nintendo is loving all this publicity whether it is good or bad. It has become a soap opera. No matter the rumors, I do know what systems that I will be buying. I'm not scared of being an individual and thinking for myself. If someone don't like my choice, then it doesn't bother me at all. It's my money, my time, and my life.

#20 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

It is so easy to start a rumor.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users