11 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=16066

"As we saw very few Wii U news coming from trade events this month, I doubt it's going to be any different in May. So I won't make a huge list of events that Nintendo may or may not attend or exhibit at, but where there actually may be some news is Nordic Game 2012.

Apart from events such as Multimodal 2012, ISM's 97th Annual International Supply Management Conference and Educational Exhibit and 2012 MAC Conference (from where there most certainly won't come any news), Nordic Game 2012 appears to be the prime event just before E3.

Quote:
"Nintendo is interested to meet with talented game development teams and explore publishing opportunities for original Nintendo 3DS and Wii U game proposals", says Tim Symons, Sales Planning & Strategy, Nintendo.

Source: http://nordicgame.com/?id=130

This event starts eleven days prior to E3, and features besides Nintendo speakers from other companies currently developing games for Wii U. Philippe Angely from Virtuos, Joakim Bodin from EA Dice, Paul Kruszewski from Autodesk (he's responsible for Kynapse (Gameware) which Nintendo has licensed) and Randy Pitchford from Gearbox represent people that in one way or another are connected to Wii U.

Nintendo will participate in the Pitch & Match b2b system which means that they will hold 30 minute meetings featuring discussions about development opportunities. These meetings are held at a separate location at the venue, only accessible for
participants of Pitch & Match. An open space with meeting tables is available. I don't know how large this space is and if it reserved to one company at a time or if it works more like an expo where each company has a designated spot. But unlike at GDC, this meeting place is not as hidden as those private meeting rooms so perhaps participants do not need to sign an NDA anyway (for Nintendo at least). "Development teams" are sought after but I believe people will be able to individually talk with Nintendo as well.

Conference Pass + Pitch & Match cost up to 1250€ (incl 25% VAT). A Main Conference Ticket costs 495€, an Academic Pass costs 180€. If I were still in the industry (retail can go too) I could have attended this. Anyone here planning to go?

Sources: http://nordicgame.com/?id=130, http://nordicgame.com/?id=119, http://nordicgame.co....tch_manual.pdf

Oh, and not to forget, there's the Starlight Foundation's A Stellar Night gala on the 17th of May as well. Insomniac Games will be honored, and Nintendo of America is listed as Presenting Sponsor (I don't know what it means): http://www.starlight.org/events/"

This is in May and it's very possible we will get Wii U news.

#2 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

sounds like they are setting themselves up as top dog, and they did say wiiu, so yea, it seems there will be at least the minimal information there
of course you probably will need e3 for da good stuph to appear
:laugh:

#3 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Nifty stuff i hope we can here about more games

Signature_Fox.png

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I am just happy Nintendo is working hard to work with other Game Devs to work on their system.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Yay?
Are they going to finally reveal some new stuff?
Posted Image

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Yay?
Are they going to finally reveal some new stuff?

Maybe, there may be a couple of things that may slip out but it seems that Nintendo are trying to meet up with other devs.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Nifty stuff i hope we can here about more games

It's very doubtful. Why would people reveal anything less then a month before E3?

#8 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

It's very doubtful. Why would people reveal anything less then a month before E3?

Sony/Microsoft.

#9 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Some just want to get the hype going for it, they will show a trailer or two about the game while E3 will be a showing of actually gameplay.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#10 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Sony/Microsoft.

That's a fair point. I still don't see why they didn't reveal GOW4 at E3, it would have been a big surprise.

#11 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

they will may will reveal some things before E3

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil