#1 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hey looks like people here are really open-minded (does the word exist?) and are ready to discuss new ideas sooo... here we go again for another Ultimate Fantasm, this time about Pokémon. The game hasn't been announced (yet!) so here are some ideas about the next Pokémon because, you know, I'm pretty sure they'll make a new Pokémon.

Now a lot of people associate Pokémon to handheld systems, and I understand them because the only thing we got for the Wii was... yeah you know what I mean, but I actually liked PokéPark as it was kind of new and it shows how Nintendo is ready to make the series change a bit.

Then here is what I propose. You know how Pokémon games are almost always situated in big areas (Kanto, Hoenn etc.), right? Now it has been said several times that the Wii U will be kind of focused on social gaming. You know what that mean? There will be a possibility that the next Pokémon will take place in an open world. This might mean MMORPG! I'm not the only one to think about that so I don't necessarly "own" the ideas I will talk about.

1. Open World and MMORPG

Pokémon has a crazy potential for home consoles, especially with the Wii U. We've seen with Pokémon Colloseum. Unfortunately, the system (GCN) wasn't powerful enough to make the game an open world (a game that takes place in a huge environment, like Skyrim), and the fact that you could only catch shadow pokémons killed the game a bit. But now, now... the time has come, they could make the game an MMORPG taking place in a huge world.

The game would be played in the 3rd person point of view. You'd control the pokémon trainer, and start with a Pokémon that you'd choose at the beginning of the game. You know, I'm not very accurate when it comes to explanations, so what about an example?

You start the game by waking up in your bedroom. Your mom's calling you... blablabla... the usual Pokémon things. You go outside, and notice that your character's house is in a city and not in a little village. you go to the lab to get a pokémon. Here is the first difference: you won't have the choice between three pokémons at the beginning, but between a lot of common pokémons, in their first form. Let's say you choose Pikachu. He's gonna be your starter. When you get out, you notice that you're in an immense world. You can decide to make your pokémon walk besides you when exploring the world. The interesting thing about it is that it would be fun to see your pokémon reacting to everything surrounding him. Oh and don't forget, they would be in their real size!

The game isn't intended to be exclusively online, but having real trainers in the game fighting against you would be great.

To capture wild pokémons, you'll have to go outside the city. Depending on what city you're in, you'd be near a forest or a volcano or the beach. Lets say you're near a Forest, you could go there, or travel to a further location.

2. Wild Areas

As said before, the wild Pokémons are in... the wild. So let's say you're in that forest. Instead of the classic tall grass where you're able to find the Pokémons, you'll see the wild Pokémons interacting with their environment, and with other Pokémons. You may also be able to watch a pokémon fight! Some Pokémon can be found depending on the weather and time of the day. So if you want to capture a Caterpie, you would be able to find one in the forest from 8:00 am until 17:00 on a sunny day. Some other pokémon will appear only in a rainy night. It would be kind of like Animal Crossing's bug and fishing season. But maybe in that game, there won't be seasons because it may complicate it a bit.

With that system, you could play the game only to enjoy watching a bunch of Tailows' behaviour. It would be crazy, IMO. There also could be a place that can predict group movements. They would predict, for example a Piplup herd coming in the region. The could also say "This month, there's gonna be Piplup breeding", meaning that there would be a lot of Piplups for the breeding, but also that male Piplups will be excessively agressive, meaning that there's a risk they attack you, instead of fearing you or ignoring you.

So I definitely think that an interacting environment is a must for the next game.

3. Pokémon Fights

I know how good are the Pokémon battles, but after a while, I just get bored. In fact, turn-based fights just kill the thrill. So why not controlling your pokémon? Well let's see what I mean.

If you want to catch a pokémon, you go first to the forest, or whatever place it is, and you look for your pokémon. Once you found him, you summon your pokémon. So let's say you targeted a Bulbasaur. You summon your pokémon (Pikachu, in that case) and THERE you take control of him. That means, you make him move with the analog sticks (or whatever it will be). As in other pokémons, every pokémon has 4 attacks. You'll be able to perform all of them (there is enough buttons for that). the other stick will be used to control the camera (like in Monster Hunter). Maybe would there be some dodge and jump buttons? When you see the pokémon, you will have to run and hit him with your pokémon to initiate the battle. There, you'd have a reasonable space to fight (not too big though). There you would control your pokémon and fight the other one. It would be a real fight, where you can attack anytime you want, dodge, jump etc. The game would be fast-paced that way.

I guess you're thinking "Well, well... you forgot the bag and all the items you can use during fights". Well not at all. This is where the controller's screen is handy. Your bag would be on that screen. So if you need paralyz heal or I dunno what, you would be able to access that via the controller's screen, a bit like the DS games. That would also apply to Pokéballs etc.

4. Nintendo Contribution

Nintendo could organize some events once in a while to keep the gamers hooked. For example, there could be an event where you'd have to fight Groudon/Kyogre with some people online (since it would be an MMORPG). They could even make a region have an abnormally violent storm that would make some rare pokémon to appear. Oh and did I say that the game would use real time, like animal crossing? That game would also be DLC's heaven.

5. Customization

When online, one thing's for sure, you don't wanna look like everybody, so the game would need an incredible amount of customizable things. For example, the whole character should be customizable (skin color, hair color, hair style etc.) and his clothes. Maybe even the Pokémons could be customizable (for example allowing you to put a tatoo on him) In the city there could even be a place where you create your own clothes.

Maybe there could even be house customization, but that's really an additional feature. You would buy some furniture for your house via DLC or in-game stores.

6. Online Gaming

There would be the massive online mode where you could find hundreds of other pokémon trainers and fight against their pokémon. To prevent being attacked and having to fight if you don't want to, there could be that rule that allows you to fight only trainers with their pokémon summoned. In fact, if you don't want to fight, keep your pokémon in your poket. That's an idea, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for Ninty.

Well that's it I guess. If I have something else to say, I will edit the post. Thanks to the readers.
Posted Image

#2 Rvaisse

Rvaisse

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, zelda,FF,mariooooo

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Ill buy this game!

Ive always wanted pokemon to be like this, this is how pokemon should be

And please i want pkemon real sounds not the weirdy bleepbipkshhh

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

• 3rd Person Ghost Recon Online Type of Camera.
  • Realistic Texture and Landscapes: With unrealistic looking Pokemon.
  • While your picking your move the Pokemon actually do something.
  • Customization Character, such as Dragon-ball Ultimate Tenkaichi.
  • Mii's have to be used for some reason.
  • Hardcore type of game, not a Pokepark.
  • A Pokepark or Rumble game like this can be in the app store and use NFC technology.
  • Gyro capabilities while fighting and adventures.
  • Pokemon Snap in the app store.
  • Voice command Fighting with microphone.
  • Microphone features like in the ones for Ds.
  • 3ds WiiU connectivity.
  • Streetpass Connectivity.
  • Be the pokemon feature.
  • Realistic Time and weather sensing.
  • Superb Pokedex on controller

Love this picture (Just needs 3rd Person Camera instead:
Posted Image

#4 Bootortle

Bootortle

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    All of Nintendo

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

I would very much enjoy this, methinks... Secret bases from R/S/E would be a cool feature, don't you think? Or what about the D/P/P Underground for an online friends-only thing? With voice/video chat?
Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

#5 Tekno

Tekno

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft, MMO's, Paper Mario,

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

BEST IDEA EVERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
It'd be so tottaly epic if ths game would be a launch title!!
Tht would be my first pick ever.
Posted Image

#6 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

I like the idea of real-time battles. As good as turn-based works for the series, we saw a different style with Pokémon Rumble, and it most certainly didn't work out badly. Stadium, Colosseum, and Battle Revolution were all turn-based, and they ended up being disappointing in my opinion. On a handheld, it's fine how it is, but I expect differently from a console.

Would this have connection potential with the inevitable 3DS Pokémon game?

Edited by Jakester897, 29 April 2012 - 04:48 PM.

Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#7 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Ill buy this game!

Ive always wanted pokemon to be like this, this is how pokemon should be

And please i want pkemon real sounds not the weirdy bleepbipkshhh

Yes that's true I've always found those sounds freaky.

• 3rd Person Ghost Recon Online Type of Camera.
  • Realistic Texture and Landscapes: With unrealistic looking Pokemon.
  • While your picking your move the Pokemon actually do something.
  • Customization Character, such as Dragon-ball Ultimate Tenkaichi.
  • Mii's have to be used for some reason.
  • Hardcore type of game, not a Pokepark.
  • A Pokepark or Rumble game like this can be in the app store and use NFC technology.
  • Gyro capabilities while fighting and adventures.
  • Pokemon Snap in the app store.
  • Voice command Fighting with microphone.
  • Microphone features like in the ones for Ds.
  • 3ds WiiU connectivity.
  • Streetpass Connectivity.
  • Be the pokemon feature.
  • Realistic Time and weather sensing.
  • Superb Pokedex on controller
Love this picture (Just needs 3rd Person Camera instead:
Posted Image

Is that your wishlist? I like the voice command idea. It deserves a ZOMG.

I like the idea of real-time battles. As good as turn-based works for the series, we saw a different style with Pokémon Rumble, and it most certainly didn't work out badly. Stadium, Colosseum, and Battle Revolution were all turn-based, and they ended up being disappointing in my opinion. On a handheld, it's fine how it is, but I expect differently from a console.

Would this have connection potential with the inevitable 3DS Pokémon game?

Maybe but the game I'm talking about is huge, maybe too much for the 3DS.
Posted Image

#8 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

GameFreak needs to hurry up and make a Pokemon MMO already. Seriously, I'd beg my Mom to buy it a heart beat.
Posted Image

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Yes that's true I've always found those sounds freaky.
Is that your wishlist? I like the voice command idea. It deserves a ZOMG.

Maybe but the game I'm talking about is huge, maybe too much for the 3DS.

Yes.

#10 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

I like the turn based battles more. That's the only thing I disagree with in this post.

...On second thought sneaking up on a pokemon I want to catch and zapping them with a thunderbolt seems like more fun than entering a battle when I make contact or whatever. There would have to be a way to make it work out to where your pokemon automatically come out or something when a pokemon attacks you though.

Edited by Symbol, 29 April 2012 - 06:34 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#11 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Yes.

Hey then we have almost the same wishlist!

I like the turn based battles more. That's the only thing I disagree with in this post.

...On second thought sneaking up on a pokemon I want to catch and zapping them with a thunderbolt seems like more fun than entering a battle when I make contact or whatever. There would have to be a way to make it work out to where your pokemon automatically come out or something when a pokemon attacks you though.

Well yeah maybe but the thing is, you don't enter battles at random because it gets frustrating.
Posted Image

#12 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hey then we have almost the same wishlist!
Well yeah maybe but the thing is, you don't enter battles at random because it gets frustrating.

I didn't mean at random I meant the instances like the one you talked about with Piplups being agressive and attacking. Since the Trainer can't fight the Pokemon would have to come out automatically unless they added an HP bar for the trainer but that seems wrong somehow...

I suppose the health bars should be below the pokemons feet since they would be actual size and it would be hard to see the pokemon's health bar if it was above it's head. There would be things like lesser mobility since some pokemon are built for water etc. (Most likely.) It would be hard to add things like surf so they might have to remove it.(Since some pokemon can't swim but if they could find a way to make it work it would be fantastic since going underwater and finding pokemon would be brilliant or even seeing pokemon above water) Hmm this game would be really hard to make work but if they figured out a way it would be awesome. Imagine underwater and mid-air realtime pokemon battles.

Edited by Symbol, 30 April 2012 - 12:28 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#13 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I didn't mean at random I meant the instances like the one you talked about with Piplups being agressive and attacking. Since the Trainer can't fight the Pokemon would have to come out automatically unless they added an HP bar for the trainer but that seems wrong somehow...

I know why the HP bar would seem wrong... And yeah when writing that I thought that the Pokémon would come out automatically or, when the wild pokémon jumps, ready to strike, the whole game gets slow-mo and they tell you to tap the right button, then the pokémon gets out and hit the wild pokémon... I dunno...
Posted Image

#14 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

I know why the HP bar would seem wrong... And yeah when writing that I thought that the Pokémon would come out automatically or, when the wild pokémon jumps, ready to strike, the whole game gets slow-mo and they tell you to tap the right button, then the pokémon gets out and hit the wild pokémon... I dunno...

I'm not trying to be a downer becausae this would be an awesome game but there's also issues like camera angle for the HUGE pokemon like the legendaries, like if you're fighting a smaller pokemon like a Victini in the middle of a forest with a giant pokemon like Zekrom or something it would get difficult to see it and you'd be running into trees and things but if it make sort of an arena type thing when you enter battle like the thing you mentioned(I think you mentioned that) it would mostly fix that problem. Still they'd have to fix it so that the little pokemon don't have too much of an advantage with their mobility and ability to dodge etc. I suppose the larger pokemon would have to have alot more range and defense/hp in order to balance that out.(Aiming would still be an issue though. I guess there'd have to be a way to lock the opponent.) Then you would have to change the entire workout of stats etc for the several different pokemon to make it work out correctly.

Edited by Symbol, 29 April 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#15 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Wow! That was amazing! I really enjoyed reading it.
I love the event idea where a group of people team up to fight a legendary Pokemon.
The realtime idea is pure genius also. I could totally see myself waiting till the middle of the night for a Darkrai (or something else that would be outside at that time.)
The one and only problem is that it would take a long time for Nintendo to make this. They would have to make unique movements for all the Pokemon, moves, etc.

Genius. My mind was blown.

I'm not trying to be a downer becausae this would be an awesome game but there's also issues like camera angle for the HUGE pokemon like the legendaries, like if you're fighting a smaller pokemon like a Victini in the middle of a forest with a giant pokemon like Zekrom or something it would get difficult to see it and you'd be running into trees and things but if it make sort of an arena type thing when you enter battle like the thing you mentioned(I think you mentioned that) it would mostly fix that problem. Still they'd have to fix it so that the little pokemon don't have too much of an advantage with their mobility and ability to dodge etc. I suppose the larger pokemon would have to have alot more range and defense/hp in order to balance that out.(Aiming would still be an issue though. I guess there'd have to be a way to lock the opponent.) Then you would have to change the entire workout of stats etc for the several different pokemon to make it work out correctly.

Or maybe you simply wouldn't want to fight a little Pokemon with a huge one.

#16 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

nice idea
the only thing i require: fun while gaining buttloads of xp, i swear, mmo's (cough cough runescape cough) tend to get you to do boring tasks way tooooo much these days, if theres going to be a pokemon sitting in my balls (why did i say that) than i better not be running around on my 400'th boring battle, interesting or intensive battles maybe, control the pokemon?

also, who admits they turn on a runescape bot when they are bored, no?

Edited by uh20, 29 April 2012 - 07:25 PM.

:laugh:

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

nice idea
the only thing i require: fun while gaining buttloads of xp, i swear, mmo's (cough cough runescape cough) tend to get you to do boring tasks way tooooo much these days, if theres going to be a pokemon sitting in my balls (why did i say that) than i better not be running around on my 400'th boring battle, interesting or intensive battles maybe, control the pokemon?

also, who admits they turn on a runescape bot when they are bored, no?

Yes, in many RPG's there are stupid tasks.

#18 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

Everyone wants an MMO. Why can't they just make it already?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#19 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

We've been through these scenarios multiple times and it's not happening anytime soon. Soon implying any time within the next two years. We've been through the idea of an MMO with all regions etc with real time gameplay but it's not going to fall out of the sky anytime now. I will say this though, the pokemon formula has been dried up, the next generation of games will have to drastically change things up and reinvent the pokemon system. It can't be done this generation due to compatability issues.

Also take note that, if such MMO sacrifices the ability to be portable (ie apps to manage the account and pokemon, online website, offline gameplay (challenge gyms etc)) then game freak will not do it, they said in a previous interview that a pokemon game that ties you down to a single spot is not what they believe in.

#20 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Wow! That was amazing! I really enjoyed reading it.
I love the event idea where a group of people team up to fight a legendary Pokemon.
The realtime idea is pure genius also. I could totally see myself waiting till the middle of the night for a Darkrai (or something else that would be outside at that time.)
The one and only problem is that it would take a long time for Nintendo to make this. They would have to make unique movements for all the Pokemon, moves, etc.

Genius. My mind was blown.

Or maybe you simply wouldn't want to fight a little Pokemon with a huge one.

No the game would have to be balanced otherwise the big pokemon would become useless. Since you don't want to fight a big pokemon with a small pokemon why would you want to fight a big pokemon with big pokemon? Even if you want to do big against big chances are the other person would switch to small.

Edited by Symbol, 30 April 2012 - 12:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!