#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
GI:
There is some fear that Nintendo's Wii U platform will be stuck between the current generation and the next one. Is the console really a next-gen platform?

EA:
Absolutely. It's a [new] platform with a new controller input, so we'll do everything we can to deliver an experience that will take advantage of the hardware for that consumer

We all know the Wii U is a true next gen console because it's more powerful, it has a new controller, and it's released at a later time.

But there are some haters/PS|360 fanboys that say "Wii U is current gen".

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/04/the-future-of-madden.aspx

Edited by Meelow100, 04 May 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

lol not just ps360 fanboys, also pessimistic people on this forum who think Vigil and EA and Sega and Nintendo are lying when they say to everyone that the wii u is in fact a true next gen system
Posted Image

#3 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Guys, please, post your sources.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

lol not just ps360 fanboys, also pessimistic people on this forum who think Vigil and EA and Sega and Nintendo are lying when they say to everyone that the wii u is in fact a true next gen system

Yeah I can't believe people are saying "third party's and Nintendo" are lying about the Wii U because they want to sell it, ok then Nintendo would of did that for the Wii and Sony and Microsoft would of did that for the Xbox 360 and PS3, people need to stop being haters.

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yeah I can't believe people are saying "third party's and Nintendo" are lying about the Wii U because they want to sell it, ok then Nintendo would of did that for the Wii and Sony and Microsoft would of did that for the Xbox 360 and PS3, people need to stop being haters.

exactly, i dont know what more it could take to possibly convince these people
Posted Image

#6 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

exactly, i dont know what more it could take to possibly convince these people

The only way it would convince them is if the Wii U is more powerful then the PS4/720...But they would probably make up a new excuse.

#7 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Meh, I would take what EA says with a grain of salt. They are best pals with Nintendo and they wouldn't outright say "This thing is on par with the 360". Notice how vague the answer "It's a [new] platform with a new controller input, so we'll do everything we can to deliver an experience that will take advantage of the hardware for that consumer". He just talks about the new controller and using to entice consumers to buy their games. He doesn't mention more power, allowing for better lighting, textures, higher-rez, etc. He could be under NDA though, so that's why this quote means nothing to me.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#8 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

Meh, I would take what EA says with a grain of salt. They are best pals with Nintendo and they wouldn't outright say "This thing is on par with the 360". Notice how vague the answer "It's a [new] platform with a new controller input, so we'll do everything we can to deliver an experience that will take advantage of the hardware for that consumer". He just talks about the new controller and using to entice consumers to buy their games. He doesn't mention more power, allowing for better lighting, textures, higher-rez, etc. He could be under NDA though, so that's why this quote means nothing to me.

Well when the GI guy asked him the question he never asked for the power, and EA is on NDA, when Vigil got asked about the power he said "Can't say anything because I'm under NDA".

#9 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

Maybe it's the NDA, but I have a feeling the Wii U will be maybe 50% better than the 360 or PS3 in terms of raw power (GFLOPS, RAM, Lighting, Textures etc.) because of the extra power needed to render the WiiPad and run the screen at 720p. That sounds weak on par to me. I guess that's okay. If most Wii U games can look like Uncharted 3, God of War III, or Gears of War 3, and have the tablet rendering stuff, I will be happy I guess. I'm not too picky. But it's power decides if I will purchase third party games on it or get it for the PC. (really debating ACIII and Darksiders II on Wii U or PC, depends on the specs and touchscreen implementation)
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Well duh...

#11 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

They aren't PS3 and 360 fanboys, just Nintendo haters.
Posted Image

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

He didn't say it's a "true next gen console" fix your title.
And stop thinking it needs to be next gen.
It needs to be capable of rendering Samaritan level graphics, which is 5 year old PC technology.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

I maybe wrong, but is this a old story?
Posted Image

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

The interview was posted yesterday, so probably not.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I agree that the answer is a bit... to avoid say anything about wii U itself. He focuses where nintendo want him to.. in the controller..

#16 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

I agree that the answer is a bit... to avoid say anything about wii U itself. He focuses where nintendo want him to.. in the controller..

lol he just mentioned the controller once.
Posted Image

#17 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

This isn't the first time EA has praised the Wii U right?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#18 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

It's just common sense it will be more powerful tho.
No sig.

#19 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

At this point I'm not worried about the power of the Wii U. I'm sold on the console and will be a day one purchase for me.

#20 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

lol he just mentioned the controller once.

I agree, but he also didnt mention wii U power at all. In general matters, every console that pops up today, is a next gen, whatever the content.. And I am not saying wii u is weak,... but the way he stated it, he didnt wanted to say that wii U is strong.. but strong controller as a feature.. hehe

One month left.. we will know soon enough. I truly want it to be strong, and have 2 platforms for my video gaming.. All I need is confidence to buy it, i can be insecure about the hardware, and spend money to it. Nintendo till to date, didnt provided any confidence, if wii U is feature proof or not. And I truly dont care about "what their investors need", I only consider MY needs :)

If you search one of my first messages here, I wrote " We dont need strong and unique controllers, we need strong wii U". And I am still in this path, I dont care about the controller.. I just need it to fit in my hands, nothing more.. lol As for the screen, I find it very good feature, but I truly dont care about everything else around the controller.. just to be comfortable...

In general, all this effort by nintendo to promote the controller more than the wii U, is cheeky and not my cup of tea.. But I am expecting a strong wii U, thats all I need. I never ever never ever.. spend a minute to read an article about wii U controller, but I desperate search for wii U leaks.. :) From one side of the coin Nintendo never leaks specs of their hardware, and in the other side of the coin, nintendo leaks controller specs! All the time, and most of this features are unnecessary.. (eg. camera, weather sensors and weather balloons).. I care about wii U, not about what their investors need, to monitor people.. lol As I said several times, most of this features in My wii U, will be de-activated.. So nintendo instead speaking of wii U specs, they scare the people with controllers features.. hehehehe

The only thing that gives me hope, is my pc knowledge about some hardware, if they dont downgrade it MUCH.. it will be strong in my speculations.

Edited by Orion, 05 May 2012 - 07:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!