• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

$350 seems likely which will be about £280 in the UK allowing for VAT I guess. $300 would be about £250 in the UK. I originally predicted $300 but rumours seem strong for $350. I would sort of think Nintendo will set the price depending on consumer reaction. If demand/interest is very high then $350 but perhaps if not $300. I really think price is going to be one of the great things about the Wii U where as the specs might disappoint some. Nintendo do not want to do a Sony with a high price console that people can't afford to buy like ps3 at launch. I'm convinced the wii U will be no more than 2x 360/PS3 performance overall and likely weaker in some areas of the gpu like polygon and texturing performance. Don't get me wrong though I think it will be a fantastic console, just not as fantastic technically as others have predicted.

#22 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

$350 seems likely which will be about £280 in the UK allowing for VAT I guess. $300 would be about £250 in the UK. I originally predicted $300 but rumours seem strong for $350. I would sort of think Nintendo will set the price depending on consumer reaction. If demand/interest is very high then $350 but perhaps if not $300. I really think price is going to be one of the great things about the Wii U where as the specs might disappoint some. Nintendo do not want to do a Sony with a high price console that people can't afford to buy like ps3 at launch. I'm convinced the wii U will be no more than 2x 360/PS3 performance overall and likely weaker in some areas of the gpu like polygon and texturing performance. Don't get me wrong though I think it will be a fantastic console, just not as fantastic technically as others have predicted.

http://www.hwcompare.com/10903/
Cards since R700 have focused on lowering power usage.
This is why it won't really matter next generation so long as the card Nintendo choose isn't gimped, and they realise tessellation is good to have.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#23 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hmm. I doubt it'll be 300 because of the warnings that it won't be cheap and 50 more than the 3DS's launch price doesn't seem like a lot. I'm wondering if 300 has some significance such as the lowest they can go without losing profits or something else.
Posted Image

#24 GabCM

GabCM

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'm not sure if the Wii U can be released with a $300 price tag, due to the controller itself, which will probably be worth a hundred bucks. I heard it's more powerful than the 360 and the PS3. In that case, how a console that is more powerful than these two can be sold for $200 or less?

#25 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'm not sure if the Wii U can be released with a $300 price tag, due to the controller itself, which will probably be worth a hundred bucks. I heard it's more powerful than the 360 and the PS3. In that case, how a console that is more powerful than these two can be sold for $200 or less?

It is possible that Nintendo would be willing to take a lose on the console and make it IP thru software.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#26 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

I believe the australian dollar is lower than US dollars at the moment
I used a currency convertor on my iPod(so its possibly wrong) to work out these figures:
$300 US = $298.54 AUS
$350 US = $348.29 AUS

Wow i got so scared when i believed it would cost $600+ in Australia for the WiiU.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#27 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

You could buy a pc for 250 thats stronger than a ps3 and 360 its been like 7 years since those systems came out

#28 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

You could buy a pc for 250 thats stronger than a ps3 and 360 its been like 7 years since those systems came out

Which ones?

#29 Jerry

Jerry

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

I think the Wii U will retail $349.99 US. I also don't believe the story that Wii U cost $180 to make. This is just a gut feeling.......then again it could just be gas. :laugh:

#30 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

http://www.hwcompare.com/10903/
Cards since R700 have focused on lowering power usage.
This is why it won't really matter next generation so long as the card Nintendo choose isn't gimped, and they realise tessellation is good to have.

The latest 360 needs quite aggressive cooling and thats using the latest fabrication processes in a larger case and also has a similar arangement of almost everything on one piece of silicon like the wii u is likely to have for cost savings. The wii u fan shown below at the back is quite small and blows out the heat to the back of the console. It can't vent heat directly from the top. The 360 slim has a larger fan (although slower rpm) and top ventilation so the rising hot air can escape freely. Even with that arrangement the slim 360 is still prone to occasional over-heating issues and is known to be more likely to freeze than the last of the previous generation of 360 models with a jasper based board. The jasper models had a lot more heatsink material and the heat output was split between 2 seperate chips, gpu and cpu so was more effective at cooling.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

I hope its true but I wouldn't mind $350.

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

The latest 360 needs quite aggressive cooling and thats using the latest fabrication processes in a larger case and also has a similar arangement of almost everything on one piece of silicon like the wii u is likely to have for cost savings. The wii u fan shown below at the back is quite small and blows out the heat to the back of the console. It can't vent heat directly from the top. The 360 slim has a larger fan (although slower rpm) and top ventilation so the rising hot air can escape freely. Even with that arrangement the slim 360 is still prone to occasional over-heating issues and is known to be more likely to freeze than the last of the previous generation of 360 models with a jasper based board. The jasper models had a lot more heatsink material and the heat output was split between 2 seperate chips, gpu and cpu so was more effective at cooling.

Yeah, microsoft sure did plan 360 piss poor.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Yeah, microsoft sure did plan 360 piss poor.

Thats why the wii U performance may not be as high as many expect because Nintendo make reliable, stable long lasting consoles that cope with abuse from the younger members of families.

#34 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

Which ones?

Honestly im not exactly sure, though my laptop only cost me around 200 and its an IBM thinkpad it can run crysis on medium pretty well.

Now that you have called me out on it though im gonna try to find one.

#35 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

Hopefully they increase the overall size of the console so it will be able to handle more (just my opinion).
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#36 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

I would still save up 500 dollars for the Wii U launch. But this is a good price range.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!