Photo

The Legend of Korra Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

Discuss The Legend of Korra here!
Post your thoughts on the new episodes as they come.

I'll start the discussion: this weeks episode was pretty good. I was sad that the Fire Ferrets lost the championship, but it is for the best.
I am really looking forward to finding out who Amon really is.

Edited by Blakexd9, 12 May 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

AWWWWW Spoiler!!!

#3 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

That other team (whose name I forget) got what the deserve. Bunch of cheaters...
Posted Image

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

That other team (whose name I forget) got what the deserve. Bunch of cheaters...

Yeah. That is ridiculous that they could bribe the referee like that.

#5 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

The Wolf Bats. I don't understand though how no one noticed bright flashes of electricity in the crowds as Amon's supporters came in, neutralizing everyone. Even if they didn't notice the flash they would surely have noticed the unconscious bodies.

e674231265.jpg

#6 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

The Wolf Bats. I don't understand though how no one noticed bright flashes of electricity in the crowds as Amon's supporters came in, neutralizing everyone. Even if they didn't notice the flash they would surely have noticed the unconscious bodies.

I don't think it's that they didn't notice, but rather that they were too scared to do anything about it.
Posted Image

#7 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

I don't think it's that they didn't notice, but rather that they were too scared to do anything about it.

That's probably it. But there's still the White Lotus. Aren't they required to follow the avatar around for protection? Surely they could have done something about it.

e674231265.jpg

#8 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

That's probably it. But there's still the White Lotus. Aren't they required to follow the avatar around for protection? Surely they could have done something about it.

Have you really seen them anywhere other than Airbending Island since she arrived in Republic City? They really need to hire better bodyguards.
Posted Image

#9 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

Have you really seen them anywhere other than Airbending Island since she arrived in Republic City? They really need to hire better bodyguards.

True. I've only seen them show up when Tenzin tells them to, otherwise they slack off.

e674231265.jpg

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

True. I've only seen them show up when Tenzin tells them to, otherwise they slack off.

It seems like they only show the White Lotus members when Korra disappears unexpectedly.

#11 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

It seems like they only show the White Lotus members when Korra disappears unexpectedly.

Like the time she was captured by Amon? Yeah, the White Lotus doesn't seem as honorable as they were in The Last Airbender.

e674231265.jpg

#12 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

Amon claims to be able to take away people's bending. A character (Tenzin I think) mentioned that only the Avatar can use this ability. So that got me thinking, what if Amon doesn't take away bending at all? Is he is just doing some kind of fancy chi blocking? It would make sense, the Spirits would never give ANYONE that power (with the exception of the Avatar). If he is doing this, (fancy chi blocking) then the results would be temporary.
So the question arises: wouldn't his "ability" be proven wrong already? Well, the victims of this "ability" are just beyond scared of Amon to even prove this "ability" wrong. They are probably scared what Amon and the Equalists would do to them and their family, or Amon threatened them and told them not to tell anyone that this "ability" is false.

People also theorize that Amon is not just taking away bending, but he absorbs that person's bending also. The final battle between Korra and Amon would basically be an Avatar battle. (Which would be awesome!)

And by far my favorite: people theorize that Amon is the second Avatar of this time. Do you remember the climax of Book 2: Earth (the original series)? If you don't here it is: Aang got struck by lightning by Azula, and he "died." Katara then healed him back to life with some sacred water. So what if in that time Aang was "dead" it was considered the death of a Avatar, and a new Avatar was born? In this theory, Amon is this accidental Avatar. That would make him about 73 years old, but this wouldn't be the first time someone this old in the Avatar series would have such physical ability. (Take Bumi and Lin Beifong for example.) But how did he get the ability to take away bending? Maybe he met the Lion Turtle and learned the same way Aang did, but there are so many more possibilities. So again, the final battle between Korra and Amon would be epic.

But this is all just people theorizing.

Edited by Blakexd9, 13 May 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#13 Tekno

Tekno

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft, MMO's, Paper Mario,

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

I had an idea of who amon really was. At first I thought he was that purple haired guy from the wolfbats. (forgot his name). But when amon took his bending away that theory was done. Now I kinda think he's the waterbending dude from the white lotus group who's all suspiciousy and what not.(forgot his name too.)Because from what I can REMEMBER, amon and him didn't meet up close. I think. But it could be him, because in yesterdays epsode, he voted for the probending finals to happen, and in the next scene, amon stated that his plan was going perfectly, since the finals were actually happening. So, maybe it's him. sorry if I spoiled anything. I was really shocked when the wolfbts lost their beding too.
Posted Image

#14 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Or maybe Amon is Amon.

#15 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

Or maybe Amon can actually bend other elements alongside energy?

They really need to get more fight scenes showing, the plot has really kicked off now.

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Amon could turn good like Zuko though...

#17 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

This weeks episode was pretty good.
When they revealed that Asami's dad works for the Equalists this was my reaction: :o.
Looks like Asami is pretty much friends with Korra now.

Overall it was a pretty good episode.
The plot has finally kicked off!

#18 SuperSaiyanGohan

SuperSaiyanGohan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pkmn, CoD, and SSB

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Ok that is just horible! Don't think for a second I am defending those cheaters! But when you think about it bending becomes a 6th sence if you will. It becomes their whole life. Abruptively taking that away is horible and cruel! Like someone taking away your ability to touch or see! He is ripping a special gift from them that, maybe, perminent!
Second of all I thought Amon might be a decendant of the cabage merciant, and with the new episode it kinda got me thinking more torwards that dirrection. And if I rember correctly the cabage merciant did say that he had a wife and kids to feed. Which, in theory (again only my theory), he borrowed money to pay for the cabages that were so oftenly destroyed. So he could have borrowed some money from fire benders and when he couldn't pay them back they burnt him farm. Hence Amon's story, but that is just what I think...
Pokemon black and white two is going to be awesome! Cannot wait at all to buy them!
Bronies Unite! Yay the world!
Gravity it is not just a good idea it is the law!
Is the proof really in the pudding? Really?
Aliens are real! Just ask the leprechauns!

#19 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

This week had no new episode... :(

#20 SuperSaiyanGohan

SuperSaiyanGohan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pkmn, CoD, and SSB

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

This week had no new episode... :(

Nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Why would they do this I mean it is memorial day weekend lots of people would watch it, and some have nothing better to do... like me!
Pokemon black and white two is going to be awesome! Cannot wait at all to buy them!
Bronies Unite! Yay the world!
Gravity it is not just a good idea it is the law!
Is the proof really in the pudding? Really?
Aliens are real! Just ask the leprechauns!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!