Photo

The Legend of Korra Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

I remember The Last Airbender having longer seasons.

Each book, or season, had 20 episodes with the exception of the final Book having 21.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#42 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

Uh I missed this episode if they go on at this pace the whole series will only be 40 episodes, that sucks.

#43 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#44 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

In the most recent episode, Lin Beifong "lost" her bending. I just can't help to think that Korra can reverse this somehow.

We also got a glimpse of one of Zuko's descendants, Iroh. (I assume its his grandson, he doesn't look Tenzin's age.) Iroh is voiced by Dante Basco, who voiced Zuko in the original series.

This Saturday is the finale, with episodes 11 and 12. :( I hope Amon is defeated and a new bad guy arises. (Or at least we see Amon's face.)

The Legend of Korra is scheduled for one more season, with about 12 episodes I would assume.
Avatar: The Last Airbender was originally going to just have one season, and we know how that turned out. So you never know.

Edited by Andy, 23 June 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#45 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

Well, looks like our "Tarlock is Amon" theories weren't too far off after all. :P

And yes, this time I was chanting "Avatar State! Avatar State! Avatar State!" at several points in the episode. :laugh:
But who would have thought that it was Blood Bending this whole time. That caught me by surprise.
Posted Image

#46 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

These 2 episodes were amazing, I am not going to spoil it. Go watch it now. I'm not joking.

#47 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

EPISODE 11 AND 12 WERE BLOODY EPIC!!!!!!!!!!

Man, for some reason I have a huge amount of adrenaline in me right now.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going outside to do some bending tricks, wishing I was a bender myself.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#48 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Amon: The other day, one of my Equalists asked me if there was going to be an attack today.
Amon: So I said: There will be Noatak today.
NOATAK.

Lieutenant: **Facepalm**

Edited by Blake, 07 July 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#49 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...teases-season-2
Here's some more info about Season 2.

Edited by Firejonie, 15 July 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#50 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

I'm surprised this news wasn't posted:

Book 2: Spirits is the second half of Season 1
And the following news was confirmed at SDCC '12

• Team Avatar will travel to the Southern Water Tribe.
  • Mako is a police officer.
  • Korra and Mako retired from Pro-Bending. Bolin continued, though his team has failed to reach the height of the previous.
  • Korra will travel through a storm to find a glowing iceberg. Spirit world? The ice cave looks very reminiscent to the iceberg Aang was trapped in.
  • We saw concept art of the Southern Air Temple. Inspired by Chinese art, it's a stone structure enhanced with yellow and orange skies, lush vegetation growing over it.
  • Book 2 will explore the Spirit World and how the "Avatar" lineage began. Korra will travel into the spirit world and Konietzko hints that there may be episodes later in the season dedicated to exploring the bigger landscape of the Spirit World.
  • Then we saw some new costumes. Korra will have new threads inspired by Mandarin, asymmetrical fashion. Mako and Bolin will get big, fluffy coats for the frozen tundra that maintain their color coordination (Mako loves that red scarf).

Posted Image

• Asami is now the head of her dad's Future Industries, so she's gone corporate! Luckily, she has an alternate costume, an airship look that makes her a double for Amelia Earhart.

Posted Image

• Book 2 will bump up Bumi, a fan favorite and brother of Tenzin, to a regular character. He's got a big potbelly which fits his wacky personality.

Posted Image

Didn't Bumo seem more fit in the finale? Hmph.

• His sister Kya will also be a regular player. Dubbed a hippie by "Konietzko," Kya's big into healing.

Posted Image

They seemed to have White Washed her a bit :/

• Korra's expanded family will be introduced. The creators mentioned that Korra was inspired by MMA fighter Gina Carano, which explains her build. It also explains why her entire family is ripped.

Posted Image

The two girls are twins!

• Book 2 called "Spirits" and takes place six months after Book 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!