#1 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

GoNintendo has collected together a fine batch of rumours and facts that have been posted online recently regarding Wii U. Some of the information gathered is legitimate, while other bits could be seen as pure speculation. Hopefully the majority of our questions relating to the system will be answered by Nintendo during E3, or shortly after.

- (RUMOR) insider claims that Wii U name is unlikely to change
- (RUMOR) insider has seen something "green and white" relating to Wii U
- (FACT) Peter Moore quote: "Its online capabilities are really extensive, too, so we’ll be able to differentiate ourselves from the competition more easily with our sports lineup."
- (FACT)Sega Australia employee's linkedin profile: "Developing downloadable licensed & original IP for… Wii U"
- (FACT)"GameStop is already prepared to help launch the first of these new consoles -- Nintendo's Wii U. As it's poised to be the first new machine of the gate, the Wii U will mark the beginning of the new hardware cycle, and GameStop has already devised its launch strategy to take advantage of the eventual spike in hardware sales."
- (RUMOR) Nintendo's Wii U trademark issue in England most likely cleared up
- (RUMOR) "Seems indy studio Empty Clip Studios (Groovin' Blocks) and their RapidFire Engine (multiport) are on Wii U."
- (FACT)"From the profile of a TT Fusion (LEGO City) Art progammer: 'This is going to be the exclusive launch title for the brand new Wii-U and Wii-2!' … Also, 34 [artists] working on LEGO City"

New: Now there is a new rumor that pertains form the Wii U OS and it is from IdeaMan.
- Wii U OS has an element that is 'huge, surely never seen before on a normal home system'
- Nintendo reserved a certain amount of memory (at least 512MB to be clear) for the Wii U OS
- looks to be the biggest software layer seen on this kind of platform
- OS may to see some tweaks/cuts to free up more memory for devs.

Do you guy's think the "Green and White" thing is the new developer kit color? Also I just copied this from GoNintendo and I really don't get the "Wii 2" thing.
Sources:http://gonintendo.co...story&id=177518
http://www.gonintend....story&id=17752

IdeaMan Quote- http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=14359 Thank Caius for the IdeaMan news.

Edited by Chinomanila, 18 May 2012 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Shokio

Shokio

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, SSB

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Green and white? Grand Theft Auto 5.
Posted Image

#3 Hoodbury

Hoodbury

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, CoD

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Ya, over on Gamefaqs I saw the Green and white thing too. People are guessing either Grand Theft Auto V or maybe a new yoshi game. Personally, I'd hope it means GTA V.

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

It's rumored that the new dev kit is black, so nope, I'm thinking it's also GTA V.

#5 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

This is interesting, some of the rumors could be true.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

That better be GTA V. It would be awesome to have that on a Nintendo console. :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yoshi!

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

^ Damn, beat me to it!
No sig.

#9 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

Now there is a new rumor that pertains form the Wii U OS and it is from IdeaMan.
- Wii U OS has an element that is 'huge, surely never seen before on a normal home system'
- Nintendo reserved a certain amount of memory (at least 512MB to be clear) for the Wii U OS
- OS may to see some tweaks/cuts to free up more memory for devs
http://www.gonintend...story&id=177528

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=14359
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#10 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Now there is a new rumor that pertains form the Wii U OS and it is from IdeaMan.

Wow, thats some good news. I am going to add it to the list if that's alright with you?
Posted Image

#11 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Wow, thats some good news. I am going to add it to the list if that's alright with you?

Sure, no problem
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#12 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

512 mb is not even the space that gets reserved when i run my linux OS on two monitors with seperate full-graphical gui's and keyboard/mouses.
so no, obviously not.
maybe i could play two games of online solitare holding both mouses in my hand? (i also mean 1 computers doing this)
:laugh:

#13 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

omfg! if what ideaman says is true then the wii u will be like the playstation, over time optimizing the os reducing the memory and freeing more memory to games resulting in increased resolution, graphical effects mlaa,msaa,cinematic quality motion blur,dof as the system matures, I sincerely hope this is true.

Edited by The Ferryman, 18 May 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

So, have some of his rumors proven true?
No sig.

#15 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

This is what you need to know about ideaman, his poems might be in a different context, as i said the sources are vague in my thread about ideaman's poems here on this forum (search it)

I won't do a full analysis now since im short on time doing some schools stuff until E3, but my comment is on the "MEMORY" term .... the way he writes it makes me feel he's totally unsure or the source claiming that wheter they actually mean RAM or they mean STORAGE MEMORY

It's pretty BIZZRE why would an OS want to reserve 512MB of memory, that's unheard of for a console, that's so unrealistic. WinXP pro needs less memory than this (350 MB default)

If this is RAM they're talking about it is pretty clear it's not going to stay reserved that much ...

I think this is some kind of micommunication or translation inaccuracy that they might be talking about storage memory, which is also used by the "devs" as in another context maybe being internal nintendo talk or whatever they meant.

You can see the whole post is talking about "size" "place" "space" ... these words never describe RAM in the tech industry, but storage memory.

We don't even know for sure if the "reserve" rumor was in the RAM or Storage memory context in the first place. This reserve rumor is no new, it's been around for some time now, it might have not meant RAM at all. The word "memory" is too vague.

So whatever do people on neogaf think, this one is pretty vague, and I am not sure what to think of it, more no no than yea yea.
Anyways it goes, you can be pretty sure they will not keep this "512" or whatever RAM reserve

There were my big threads around where i explained how important it is to LEARN TO UNDERSTAND RUMORS - some rumors might be a gold mine for the experienced people while an avreage gamer would see no point, some rumors might have opposite context with people who don't have much tech familiarity. (search my posts it's all here)

Edited by Stewox, 19 May 2012 - 01:04 AM.

Posted Image

#16 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

Let's hope that rumor is far from true. Next three weeks, we'll look forward to Nintendo's ultimate beast!!!!

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#17 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

This is what you need to know about ideaman, his poems might be in a different context, as i said the sources are vague in my thread about ideaman's poems here on this forum (search it)

I won't do a full analysis now since im short on time doing some schools stuff until E3, but my comment is on the "MEMORY" term .... the way he writes it makes me feel he's totally unsure or the source claiming that wheter they actually mean RAM or they mean STORAGE MEMORY

It's pretty BIZZRE why would an OS want to reserve 512MB of memory, that's unheard of for a console, that's so unrealistic. WinXP pro needs less memory than this (350 MB default)

If this is RAM they're talking about it is pretty clear it's not going to stay reserved that much ...

I think this is some kind of micommunication or translation inaccuracy that they might be talking about storage memory, which is also used by the "devs" as in another context maybe being internal nintendo talk or whatever they meant.

You can see the whole post is talking about "size" "place" "space" ... these words never describe RAM in the tech industry, but storage memory.

We don't even know for sure if the "reserve" rumor was in the RAM or Storage memory context in the first place. This reserve rumor is no new, it's been around for some time now, it might have not meant RAM at all. The word "memory" is too vague.

So whatever do people on neogaf think, this one is pretty vague, and I am not sure what to think of it, more no no than yea yea.
Anyways it goes, you can be pretty sure they will not keep this "512" or whatever RAM reserve

There were my big threads around where i explained how important it is to LEARN TO UNDERSTAND RUMORS - some rumors might be a gold mine for the experienced people while an avreage gamer would see no point, some rumors might have opposite context with people who don't have much tech familiarity. (search my posts it's all here)

I'm just doing a wild guess here but i think it has to do with ram, think about it ram is super cheap depending on the ddr, but you are right, if it is ram, 512mb is a bit too much, but maybe the wii u will be like the 3ds like when you're playing any game you can access the web browser, and since the wii u will be a home console i presume that the browser will have flash,java and a lot more features.

Edited by The Ferryman, 19 May 2012 - 07:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!