• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Quoted from an article posted earlier today, speaking in regards to Aliens Colonial Marines, senior producer Brian Burleson said:

[Creating the Wii U version] has been pretty easy. The Wii U is a powerful, powerful machine and it can do a lot of cool new things. And so the game itself, moving it over to work on the Wii U was not much of a chore.

(The Wii U version of Aliens will) "be better" (than the PS3 and Xbox 360 version in terms of visuals because of) "more modern tech." — Source

These statements go together with what Gearbox's Randy Pitchford said last week:

"The Wii U is a next generation system"

"It's natural that it's a very powerful system"

"The best looking console version of Aliens Colonial Marines is going to be on Wii U" — Video

So there you have it. Yet another nail in the coffin that is the 'Wii U on par / weaker then PS360' nonsense.

Edited by ShadowVector, 25 May 2012 - 10:05 AM.

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#2 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Yeah but the haters will neverwt nintendo win.if a quote comes out when a developers says on par with 360 and PS3 they are gonna say same old nintendo they don't have powerful console. When quotes like these come out they say so what its suppose to be more powerful than 6 year old tech. When E3 comes and nintendo shows off next gen graphics they will say it looks good but ps4 will mop the floor with it. If you are a true nintendo fan this console is gonna blow you away.

#3 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Yeah but the haters will neverwt nintendo win.if a quote comes out when a developers says on par with 360 and PS3 they are gonna say same old nintendo they don't have powerful console. When quotes like these come out they say so what its suppose to be more powerful than 6 year old tech. When E3 comes and nintendo shows off next gen graphics they will say it looks good but ps4 will mop the floor with it. If you are a true nintendo fan this console is gonna blow you away.

Sad but true. Really though, the Zelda Tech Demo from last year should have been proof enough. Even Satoru Iwata said The Zelda HD Wii U Tech Demo Wouldn’t Be Possible On Other Consoles.
But anyway, I'm not worried about what the haters will say. In fact, their nonsense can make for some pretty good entertainment from time to time. :)

#4 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

Sad but true. Really though, the Zelda Tech Demo from last year should have been proof enough. Even Satoru Iwata said The Zelda HD Wii U Tech Demo Wouldn’t Be Possible On Other Consoles.
But anyway, I'm not worried about what the haters will say. In fact, their nonsense can make for some pretty good entertainment from time to time. :)

It's the only reason I go on IGN, the comments are so stupid it's entertaining.

#5 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

LOL! For reasons that will become obvious once clicked upon, I updated the "Source" link in the fist post to a different Nintendo blog. :D

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Isn't this a given? (Considering what we saw at E3 2011.)

Edited by Blakexd9, 25 May 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#7 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

Isn't this a given? (Considering what we saw at E3 2011.)

It should be, yes. But unfortunately there are many who refuse to acknowledge that Wii U is more powerful than current generation consoles and therefore need some more convincing. -_-

#8 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

This is a little on the old news side...This was like what a week ago we heard this?
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#9 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

This is a little on the old news side...This was like what a week ago we heard this?

Nope, you're thinking of Randy Pitchfords quote.
Posted Image

#10 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

The Aliens part that he said was the Randy Pitchford quote...

Nope, you're thinking of Randy Pitchfords quote.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 26 May 2012 - 12:26 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#11 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

What the haters fail to realize is that the Wii U won't be more powerful than the others, sure. But the difference will be like the 360 vs PS3. And it won't matter because developers will hardly use the full potential of the others.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#12 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:19 AM

The Aliens part that he said was the Rany Pitchford quote...

He already knew that it's in the article. The new part is from Brian Burleson.

Posted Image

#13 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

What the haters fail to realize is that the Wii U won't be more powerful than the others, sure. But the difference will be like the 360 vs PS3. And it won't matter because developers will hardly use the full potential of the others.

Most likely this is true. And then they will wait for a new PS/Xbox, only to discover it is just a tad more powerful.
No sig.

#14 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

gearbox: Wii you will provide an alternate reality you will be teleported in, while simultaneously giving you surgery to see at an eagles quality
it will shoot rainbows out of its fans and spray glitter
it will be able to fight off the burgler in your house with a cheat code

-what I think of gearbox's constant praise, it is yet to be discovered if their hype has reason behind it
:laugh:

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

Most likely this is true. And then they will wait for a new PS/Xbox, only to discover it is just a tad more powerful.

Exactly, but hopefully the old Nintendo fans come back. All Nintendo needs is their own fans to make a successful launch. And I believe Nintendo is in the right place to make that happen.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

gearbox: Wii you will provide an alternate reality you will be teleported in, while simultaneously giving you surgery to see at an eagles quality
it will shoot rainbows out of its fans and spray glitter
it will be able to fight off the burgler in your house with a cheat code

-what I think of gearbox's constant praise, it is yet to be discovered if their hype has reason behind it

It hasn't been constant praise.

Actually, they e switched stances.

They used to look negatively at wii u calling it a bridge between current and next gen.

Now they are effusively lauding the power and calling it a true next gen console.

This.

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

Exactly, but hopefully the old Nintendo fans come back. All Nintendo needs is their own fans to make a successful launch. And I believe Nintendo is in the right place to make that happen.

Yup that, and most preferably, make it even kick the coming consoles but that's a bit much to ask. Though it would be great if the Wii U outpowered the PS4, like in the sixth generation... Then we could see the true naivity of PS fanboys.
No sig.

#18 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Lol wtf bro. I hope that was some pretty bad sarcasm.
No sig.

#19 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Unfortunately The Wii U is about as powerful as my cell phone, which kinda sucks.
this coming from a nintendo fan since the early 90s.

So your phone can do realtime 1080p 60fps gaming. Nvidia says phones goes past xbox 360 in power in about 2 years.

28gxdv8.png

#20 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Unfortunately The Wii U is about as powerful as my cell phone, which kinda sucks.
this coming from a nintendo fan since the early 90s.

Do you not mean your Wii?
Bring the noise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!