uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

ohhh, someone to throw questions at!
if you see the console, does it make any noise or let off heat, id expect no but i want to "hear" it from you(bad pun)
also, which games seem shown off the most, which are sorta kept in a dark booth

Edited by uh20, 06 June 2012 - 02:19 PM.

:laugh:

#22 darkknight41

darkknight41

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Have you played zombiu yet? If so then how fun was it

#23 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

my biggest question: so far i havent been able to spot anyone holding the controller with their middle fingers on the triggers and their index fingers on the shoulder buttons at the same time, is it possible to do that or does the shape not allow this? thx in advanced :)

I haven't used it, but looking at the controller I'm sure its possible. However, it would probably stretch your hand out after a while. Furthermore, the zr and zl buttons are the de facto L/R buttons, so it would take some getting used to. Still, I'm sure it would be like getting used to both analogs on top, within an hour or so it'll become natural.

#24 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hm... I guess I'll ask. How does the Gamepad compare regarding weight? I expect it to have a bit more heft to it than a normal controller, although it was reported to be light. Could you see yourself playing a game marathon with it for 10 hours straight or so? Both used normally, and like a game such as ZombiU where you're expected to lift it up to your face occasionally.

They said it's as light as a notebook.
Posted Image

#25 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image

That sounds even lighter than normal controllers, though. Interesting.
Posted Image

#26 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

Okay *cracks knuckles*
So I'm back home. Unfortunately, It was my final day at E3. I won't be able to go tomorrow, 'cause I have to get back to my job. Gotta pay bills.

Anyhow, let's get started.

I think this is one on some peoples minds besides me. On games like ZombiU that use the Gamepad heavily what exactly do you do when someone wants to watch the TV do you just press the TV button or is it like on the menu?

I'm not sure about that one, I don't think the "tv" button was active for people to try that. I didn't get to play it myself, cause the lines were over 9000! That's a good question because a secondary screen is pretty important for that game. I'd guess that if you were only playing on the Upad (short for Wii U Game Pad), things like the back pack menu would just slide in from the side or something? and the screen would just have to switch to first person mode whenever it's utilized, like a regular game. That's just my guess tho. (you'll see people playing it in my vid)

How much do E3 "ONLY EXHIBITS" Pass cost(like the one you have and where do you first purchase)?

E3 passes can be purchased from the E3 site, however, you MUST be part of the industry or media to get your hands on one. Chances are this guy got one from a friend not going, or he's part of the media.

I got my pass from a certain major publishing company (yes, with my own name on it ;)). Didn't pay for it, but andodel is right, you have to be affiliated in some form or fashion, however, it didn't seem like everyone there was... but who can tell, right?

Do you, (or anyone I suppose), know do the Wii-motes have to be the Wiimote +'s? Or can regular old Wii-Motes work? Is it game specific or are only the + ones compatible with the Wii-U?

Well, the lovely booth assistants either didn't have that information, or they weren't allowed to say,
so they just didn't know, or Nintendo had a gag on them, while their ninjas watched in the shadows :ph34r:.
Another guess, but I'd say the Wii U can still use the non + Wii remotes, since it's said to be fully backward compatable with Wii.

As for my question, do they have any Wiiu Pro controllers there, and if so, whats your opinion on them?

Yes they did and I loved em. Aside from the non-analog triggers ( <_<*grunts*), it felt pretty much perfect. Like the Upad, it just took a second to get used to the face button/right stick swap, but once I got it down, it became very comfortable and easy to use. I'll definitely be buying a couple of them.

my biggest question: so far i havent been able to spot anyone holding the controller with their middle fingers on the triggers and their index fingers on the shoulder buttons at the same time, is it possible to do that or does the shape not allow this? thx in advanced :)

Yeah, It's possible to do. Depends on the size of your hands, I guess. The shoulder and trigger buttons aren't too terribly far apart, so if that's your play style...

ohhh, someone to throw questions at!
if you see the console, does it make any noise or let off heat, id expect no but i want to "hear" it from you(bad pun)
also, which games seem shown off the most, which are sorta kept in a dark booth

First, it was too noisy in there to tell (you'll hear in the video), and second, most of the Wii U's were placed inside these plastic booths (you'll see in the video). Sorry I can't answer your question. I hope it's quiet.

Have you played zombiu yet? If so then how fun was it

:( no... Sadly, I did not. The lines were long. I tried to go away for a while to come back later, hoping it would die down, but NOOOOOPE. Everybody was loving it. Easily one of the top games in the Wii U area (up there with Nintendo Land)

Hm... I guess I'll ask. How does the Gamepad compare regarding weight? I expect it to have a bit more heft to it than a normal controller, although it was reported to be light. Could you see yourself playing a game marathon with it for 10 hours straight or so? Both used normally, and like a game such as ZombiU where you're expected to lift it up to your face occasionally.

Nah, It's heavier than a notebook, if we're talking about the same kind of notebook. 3 spiral notebooks, maybe? It has just a little weight to it, but it's nothing unbearable.
My question to you guys is "are you planning on standing up while you play all of your games?" I don't know about you, but when i play, I sit on my couch, leaning forward with my elbows resting on my thigh/knee area. Shouldn't be a problem. Think of it like an iPad that's very easy to grip.

Awesome guys. Right now I'm working on the video. Hoping to have it up sooon friends.

Edited by dagwood dang, 06 June 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#27 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

Nah, It's heavier than a notebook, if we're talking about the same kind of notebook. 3 spiral notebooks, maybe? It has just a little weight to it, but it's nothing unbearable.
My question to you guys is "are you planning on standing up while you play all of your games?" I don't know about you, but when i play, I sit on my couch, leaning forward with my elbows resting on my thigh/knee area. Shouldn't be a problem. Think of it like an iPad that's very easy to grip.

Lol of course not! I was just wondering if it'd be tiring to wave around the controller for an extended amount of time, considering Nintendo bothered releasing the Pro Controller. Sometimes I literally play the whole day if it's a new one that I like. ^^;;
Posted Image

#28 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

I'd easily be sitting down. I've managed to do so for every Wii game, excluding Wii sports/Resort.
I feel like such an idiot for not knowing what company you are referring too. Tried looking it up, but I just get a bunch of pics and links to a dagwood sandwich :P
Anyways, hope you had fun at E3 for the short time you were there. While I doubt I'll ever be part of the media, I would love to be a dev. Maybe I'll be able to go to E3 in the not so distant future :)

Edited by andodel, 07 June 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#29 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

now im going to hold 3 spiral notebooks and paste mario onto the front, instant gamepad!

rather, its gamepad strength training XD

well after holding 3 spiral notebooks, you feel/get resistance the slightest when moving around but holding it is fine.

as for games, i watched a walkaround and all that were available were shown off at 1 or 2 areas with a tv and a controller, the wii u fit had a larger area to use two of those whatever workout pads (i dont care for them) where people were obviously cheating the game, cheaters!, you go to plank it not sit and roll your weight over!

Edited by uh20, 13 June 2012 - 05:49 PM.

:laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!