SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

I think they're unfair. I try hard to get the damn first place using actual SKILL and then because some Mcguffin is lucky, I lose my position.

Red shells you can actually defence yourself against. You always find a banana or something.
Green shells require slight skill to be effective.
Bananas/false blocks require skill to be placed correctly.
Mushrooms require 'skill' to use them in tactical places.
Bombs require aiming skills to throw (or have a good timing and place them behind you)

But you can do NOTHING about a blue shell and it makes everything just really unbalanced.

you dont play mario kart enough if you havent mastered the ways of dodging a blue shell, its actualy easy really, you can go the cheap way out and use a mushroom (not hard to get in mario kart 7) or you can do the skillfully way out and drift (easy to do in mario kart wii ds harder in 7 idk why)

wa3Nq7j.png

#22 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

I want...
Mario Kart U Map Packs :huh:
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#23 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

What about star power? Cant stop that your invincible waaa waaa waaaaaaa. In Mario Kart Double Dash you could easily dodge Blue Shells so it wasnt a big deal. And here is what you do. You see someone shot a blue shell...SLOW DOWN let the guy in 2nd get hit then you pass him your in 1st again no big deal. Besides blue shells or a red shell maybe the guy in 1st is at an infair advantage anyway. As long as he has a Banana or Shell to hide behind you cant hit him with anything. Blue shell is the only thing that can turn the tide in an instant. Plus Mario Kart was never MLG its not a OMG HarDCoRes Competitive game. Yah its good to want to come in first but if your 3 seconds away from 1st and you get hit with a blue shell then come in 2nd...its not the end of the world boo hoo.

I think they're unfair. I try hard to get the damn first place using actual SKILL and then because some Mcguffin is lucky, I lose my position.

Red shells you can actually defence yourself against. You always find a banana or something.
Green shells require slight skill to be effective.
Bananas/false blocks require skill to be placed correctly.
Mushrooms require 'skill' to use them in tactical places.
Bombs require aiming skills to throw (or have a good timing and place them behind you)

But you can do NOTHING about a blue shell and it makes everything just really unbalanced.

Yup your in 1st the whole race and everyone is bored or unhappy cause they cant do anything to you...Sounds fun. NOT. You should be FIGHTING for 1st place not gliding along in 1st the whole dame time thats boring.

I want an option to turn off those unbalancing items. They are only there so that a newbie can get a good place.

I hate it when I am 1st the whole race and just before goal in the last lap there comes a blueshell, geez.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#24 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

you dont play mario kart enough if you havent mastered the ways of dodging a blue shell, its actualy easy really, you can go the cheap way out and use a mushroom (not hard to get in mario kart 7) or you can do the skillfully way out and drift (easy to do in mario kart wii ds harder in 7 idk why)

Using a drift, how? By using it boots just before it hits you?

And I barely have mushrooms when I'm first.
No sig.

#25 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Half the fun of mariokart is that the whole order of positions can flip at any moment. I've lost to my younger siblings and friends that have never played before, which makes it such a great game. I hate it when I want to play a friend at a game but I'm too good...

Haha (:
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

#26 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

as for the actual possibility.
this website is a placeholder for a game that will most likely happen
this is because mario kart is like... on every console there is.
dont expect it right away though, nintendo's already spoiling us with first parties, expect this the next 1/2 e3's

as for tactics and such, you can change those settings, a nice set up of options would give everyone the gameplay they want, especially if added to multiplayer
as for dodging everything, personally i can dodge blue shells so its easier to be in first then say, a crowded crowd around 4th place firing red shells at each other

Edited by uh20, 20 June 2012 - 12:16 PM.

:laugh:

#27 NinjaU

NinjaU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

I hope Mario Kart U comes out soon! Smash Bros U is so long of a wait! :(

At least Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing transformed is coming to the Wii U! (OR should I just get it on ios for $1)
And then there's Jett Tailfin Racers...

#28 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

Using a drift, how? By using it boots just before it hits you?

And I barely have mushrooms when I'm first.

yes, like i said its really hard

wa3Nq7j.png

#29 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

I think they should remove the lucky 7, or make it so you can only get it when your in last place as on MK7 I have gotten it multiple times in 4th place.
Oh and they should make it alot harder to get 3 stars in the cup rankings as until about half way through the 150cc races i got three stars in every attempt.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!