• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 darkknight41

darkknight41

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

During an interview, Nintendo’s Katsuya Eguchi revealed why Wii U launch games will run at 720p. Eguchi believes that games running at 720p are sufficient. He says that all developers have their reasons but Nintendo will choose Wii U’s resolution based on what they feel will deliver a great experience to the gamer. Eguchi says that if Nintendo wants games to run at 60 frames per second, during a particular stage of development, then 720p seems more realistic.

“As far as the resolution and framerates for any of the software goes, it’ll obviously depend on whatever the developer feels is the best way to get the best experience to the player. I can’t personally speak for third-parties and their circumstances, but at Nintendo we have different teams working on different games that take into consideration the resolution… and if they think that by focusing on 720p and a certain framerate to get a certain experience, than that’s ultimately how they make their decisions.”

http://mynintendonew...ll-run-at-720p/

#2 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

It'd be nice to have a powerful enough system that can run 1080p at 60 fps.

#3 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

but i though some games were at 1080p?, pikmon(is that how you spell it) and another game i could of sworn were to run in HD (which should mean 1080p)

every day the wii u seems less and less powerful, hopefully theres some sort of declined economy/optimization to show for this, because it will be just plain sad to see another wii, even if it may not be that big of a gap.
:laugh:

#4 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

I'd take framerate over resolution any day.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#5 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Resolution isn't my main issue either. If it frees up more system power for more important things like framerate and the graphical rendering itself, then fine.

Posted Image

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Frame rate and textures to me are more important that resolution in my opinion. I glad to to see Nintendo shares a similar view on the subject.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#7 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

but i though some games were at 1080p?, pikmon(is that how you spell it) and another game i could of sworn were to run in HD (which should mean 1080p)

every day the wii u seems less and less powerful, hopefully theres some sort of declined economy/optimization to show for this, because it will be just plain sad to see another wii, even if it may not be that big of a gap.

Pikmin.

And meh. I don't know. I thought as a next gen console it'd be doing 60fps at 1080 also. Maybe it will be possible for games that don't rely on the second screen?
Posted Image

#8 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Launch games, when the PS4 and 720 get announced Nintendo will show true next gen graphics to try to compete with the PS4 and 720's power.

#9 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

Dont get your hype up, I think the Wii U may actually be another Wii *sigh* at least they'll keep releasing 1st party games

1367065580450s.jpg

#10 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

It'd be nice to have a powerful enough system that can run 1080p at 60 fps.

im sure it does and il repeat what was just explained to you its all based on how and why the development team choose a frame rate and resolution many 3rd paartys claimed to max out wii and not only were the graphics weaker than say mario galaxy the frame rate was 60 frames a second and the weaker looking 3rd party game was still only 30 frames also remember 99% of ps3 and x360 games are not only sub HD there only 30 frames a second

and add to that 1080p isnt siome holy grail resolution tweeeks up and down can help with how a art direction looks 1080p might make it to sharp and brite were a grainy look is wanted etc theres also the fact scaling on wiiu will be much better than ps3 x360

theres also 960p 900p 768p 600p 1080p just for the sake of it i dont see the point

#11 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

Dont get your hype up, I think the Wii U may actually be another Wii *sigh* at least they'll keep releasing 1st party games

http://cube.ign.com/articles/583/583559p1.html

I don't remember creditable sources like Gearbox, EA, Ubisoft, Epic, and even Nintendo themselves saying the Wii (or Revolution) was going to be a power, powerful machine. That, and I quote EA's COO Peter Moore, "People will start talking about it being a transitional platform. And I don't think that's going to be the case," said Moore. ... "So I don't know what Xbox and PlayStation's plans for their next platforms are," Moore added, "but it's not going to be hanging on graphic fidelity. I guarantee you that."

Source

So we have industry giants going out publicly stating that the next-generation is not going to be a big leap forward, that the next gen will be more about control then graphics. Saying that the Wii U is not a transition, but is next gen. Saying that graphics can't get much better then 1080p and that the Wii U can do that. We have Gearbox, publicly stating many times that the Wii U version of their Aliens game will be the best, and that the Wii U is a powerful, powerful console.

We actually have Nintendo higher ups saying that the next console is a powerful machine. That it's HD. We didn't have that last time. They never said the Revolution was going to be the most powerful system. It was always about the controller.

So, again, why they hell do you and others think the Wii U is going to be the next Wii? Why will the Wii U be so behind the PS4 and Xbox 8? What CREDITABLE source do you have that states -- in public -- that the Wii U can't do UE4 and the others can? The only person who went on record with that was from Spike I believe, not a developer who has seen the specs, and that same day Epic made a statement saying we haven't announced what platforms we will support fot UE4. It's still in development.

HECK, we have Epic saying that they can do better then Nintendo's own Zelda HD demo, which can't be done on current generation consoles.

“Do you remember the Zelda demo they had on it? Would you not buy a Wii U just to play that? Of course you would. That’s what Nintendo is all about. Their hardware is the software delivery service for their great content. That Zelda demo was gorgeous and we can do even more than that with Unreal Engine 3. I think it will do great.”

Source

Thats like saying, "Look, see what they can do? We can do better with out last gen technology." And thats JUST UE3. Oh, and did I mention Zelda HD demo can not run on a PS3 -- the current "leader" in power over consoles.

So give me the creditable quotes of people saying the Nintendo Wii U can't compete graphically. Of a developer who has gone on record. You can't.

Now I am not saying the Wii U will be more powerful then the others, I don't think that. And I don't think that matters. As long as the Wii U can technically run UE4, and as long as Epic puts it on there (I don't see why they wont if it technically can), it won't matter. Developers are generally lazy. They will make the game for the Wii U, then port to the others. Just like developers are making for the 360 and porting to the Wii U -- which makes the Wii U's graphics look like it's not better. Which, we know is not the case from numerous of sources.

Guys, stop worrying. No sense until it is released and someone takes the Wii U apart. Then we will know just how powerful the Wii U really is. For better, or for worse.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#12 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

i wish people would see the phycology that the industry uses KIDDY / TOY /ANALOG AIMING IS CORE (AFTER YEARS OF MOUSE AIMING IS CORE) ubisoft calling killer freaks now zombieu core fps because of a second analog stick when every one with a brain understands wii remote utterly wipes the floor with a stick

its all mind games and lies wiiu is a ps3 x360 1.5 FUNNY WII WAS A GAMECUBE 1.5 ACCODING TO THESE CRETINS cleary wii was 2.5 plus gamecube to a sane person everything is a anti nintendo hating industry THEY HAVE BEEN FIGHTING AGAINST NINTENDO SINCE THE 1980S WAKE UP

3rd partys puting the whole existence on the line backing stupid ps3 and x360 and most got burnt or even killed this gen and with millions still invested in x360/ps3 games IS NOT GOING TO DECLARE WII U ALL POWERFUL at the expence of there own business nintendo disrupted the industry this gen and took back what was hers GAMING DOMINANCE

the 3rd partys are in shell shock after 6 years of prison rape by a huge black dude called nintendo

the 1.5 ps3/x360 is a anti nintendo remake its aimed at small minded childish fan mother doges who suck up anything this idiot industry says if epic said eating dog poo was hardcore 99% of the neogaf comunity would have huge plates of fresh dog dung WE ALL KNOW THIS IS TRUE

3rd partys want nintendo dead they aint going to be truthful AFTER YEARS OF THIS ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO TAKE ANY MORE OF THIS CRAP the wiiu is next gen vs ps3 x360 thats the fact of the matter 1.5 ps3 x360 dont make sense ps3 is above x360 in raw power

but x360 is better designed and better gpu

the cpus are not the same HOW CAN ALL 3 HAVE THE SAME CPU and how can wiiu be 1.5 of ps3s gpu and x360s gpu when x360s gpu is a 1.5 of ps3s in the first darn place

3x x360 bear bones minimum if not a good bit more

oh and pakman just got robbed he won the fight yet more lies and corruption in this world

#13 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

i do agree because nintendo goes against the grain a lot people dislike them much. but you have to understand to some gamers they have been burned by nintendo for the past two gens. some stay most dont. gamers over the past two gen for nintendo have been burned no GTA or big 3rd party games and they had enough and moved over to other consoles. also gamers age they get older. we all know zelda, mario, etc are well made games. but gamers do want a more mature gaming experience. im not just talking blood and violence im just talking more mature than jumping on top of a turtle to kill it. sony has done a hell of a job getting those gamers that are now turned off to what nintendo is offering. we know nintnedo is about innovation and gameplay experiences. they do need to loosen up though and make sure GTA(which sells about 20 million copies on new installments) is on the wii u, new mature ip's and visualy stunning gaming with online connection and great multiplayer. i admire nintendo for who they are and they will continue to get my money. all in all yes there is a general hatred of nintendo in the mass gaming media but mainly pissed off gamers that once loved them that feel like nintendo turned their back on them.

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

Launch games, when the PS4 and 720 get announced Nintendo will show true next gen graphics to try to compete with the PS4 and 720's power.

Let's hope so, because things are getting worse each day.
No sig.

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:14 AM

oh and pakman just got robbed he won the fight yet more lies and corruption in this world

Yep.

Pacman looked th best he had in years, dominated Bradley with ease and got robbed in the worst decision I can recall ever seeing.

Definite conspiracy there.

#16 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

No all games were running including pikmin at 720p which is HD just not the HD many wanted . From the fact that we know 2 wiiu gamepads cuts fps by half I would have to think the strain of having one wiiu gamepad is enough to drop the resolution to 720p..

#17 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

simply because, the latest leaks about specs, showing that wii U is not capable for hardcore games at 1080p... It is capable for family games / platforms / board games, as this games do not require super duper and complex graphics.. But hard games that need to be with more super duper complex graphics, cannot perform at 1080p with just a single pass rendering..

The final product may be more capable with games at 1080p and 2xaa or 4xaa... but at this moment we know that wii U can perform 720p with 4xaa and 1080p with single pass rendering... (single pass rendering at 1080p is not good looking for fps, tps, etc..) I could make u a small video in pc at 1080p with single pass and with 2x or 4x after.. to see how it looks like... But again, maybe the final product will be more capable and we see games at 1080p at 2x or 4x

Edited by Orion, 10 June 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#18 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

http://cube.ign.com/...3/583559p1.html

I don't remember creditable sources like Gearbox, EA, Ubisoft, Epic, and even Nintendo themselves saying the Wii (or Revolution) was going to be a power, powerful machine. That, and I quote EA's COO Peter Moore, "People will start talking about it being a transitional platform. And I don't think that's going to be the case," said Moore. ... "So I don't know what Xbox and PlayStation's plans for their next platforms are," Moore added, "but it's not going to be hanging on graphic fidelity. I guarantee you that."

Source

So we have industry giants going out publicly stating that the next-generation is not going to be a big leap forward, that the next gen will be more about control then graphics. Saying that the Wii U is not a transition, but is next gen. Saying that graphics can't get much better then 1080p and that the Wii U can do that. We have Gearbox, publicly stating many times that the Wii U version of their Aliens game will be the best, and that the Wii U is a powerful, powerful console.

We actually have Nintendo higher ups saying that the next console is a powerful machine. That it's HD. We didn't have that last time. They never said the Revolution was going to be the most powerful system. It was always about the controller.

So, again, why they hell do you and others think the Wii U is going to be the next Wii? Why will the Wii U be so behind the PS4 and Xbox 8? What CREDITABLE source do you have that states -- in public -- that the Wii U can't do UE4 and the others can? The only person who went on record with that was from Spike I believe, not a developer who has seen the specs, and that same day Epic made a statement saying we haven't announced what platforms we will support fot UE4. It's still in development.

HECK, we have Epic saying that they can do better then Nintendo's own Zelda HD demo, which can't be done on current generation consoles.

“Do you remember the Zelda demo they had on it? Would you not buy a Wii U just to play that? Of course you would. That’s what Nintendo is all about. Their hardware is the software delivery service for their great content. That Zelda demo was gorgeous and we can do even more than that with Unreal Engine 3. I think it will do great.”

Source

Thats like saying, "Look, see what they can do? We can do better with out last gen technology." And thats JUST UE3. Oh, and did I mention Zelda HD demo can not run on a PS3 -- the current "leader" in power over consoles.

So give me the creditable quotes of people saying the Nintendo Wii U can't compete graphically. Of a developer who has gone on record. You can't.

Now I am not saying the Wii U will be more powerful then the others, I don't think that. And I don't think that matters. As long as the Wii U can technically run UE4, and as long as Epic puts it on there (I don't see why they wont if it technically can), it won't matter. Developers are generally lazy. They will make the game for the Wii U, then port to the others. Just like developers are making for the 360 and porting to the Wii U -- which makes the Wii U's graphics look like it's not better. Which, we know is not the case from numerous of sources.

Guys, stop worrying. No sense until it is released and someone takes the Wii U apart. Then we will know just how powerful the Wii U really is. For better, or for worse.

Just A gut feeling, feels like everyday that the Wii U seems less powerful then the last and who knows mabye they are being payed to hype up the Wii U :/ There was no creditable source saying that the E3 conference was going to to be A failure and if i said that before E3 i'd be bashed and told that it's virtually impossible. Oh well :(

1367065580450s.jpg

#19 Barneykiller008

Barneykiller008

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

I hope they make their games 1080p because I got a 1080p tv but most of my games run at 720 and I really want to play the games with sharp smooth graphics already

#20 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

First off...would it kill you people to actually use correct grammar, or at least punctuation? My eyes start bleeding every time I try to read some of your responses. -___-

On Topic: This news doesn't bother me much at all, actually. I don't think they're doing bad at all for their first HD console, and besides...don't most PS360 games released just last year run on 30 FPS?

Edited by GameCollector, 10 June 2012 - 12:12 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!