Photo

We know who won E3 2012 (Ubisoft), but who ultimately Lost?

General Gaming

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 hohi

hohi

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

@WisdomPowerCourage:

People tend to forget that Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time and StarFox were released less than a year ago (Even though Ocarina of Time and StarFox were only remakes/ports). And we already know they are making Super Smash Bros, the only thing we need to know from Nintendo is the release date and gameplay.

I think some fans were expecting new Metroid game considering its 25th anniversary last year thus they were once again disappointed with Nintendo for not announcing any new Metroid game.

Edited by hohi, 19 June 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#22 scorptile

scorptile

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

for me microsoft lost E3, nintendo won. then ubisoft. then sony then EA lol as for RnR the worst line up ever for a launch was the N64 and if you wanna know why? easily when you have only two games for the first two months of the consoles life that is just plain wrong. then the first 4 months you have 4 games? ARG!!!!

#23 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:26 AM

I don't see how anyone could say Nintendo lost... They completely dropped the ball on it, yeah, but they didn't lose. If they had have come out with this conference last year when they were announcing Wii U, it would have been decent. It's just that it was an alright conference in a year when it should have been an amazing conference.

Personally I think E3 2013 will be big for Nintendo. I don't want to get myself hyped again, but I can definitely see it being more hardcore-focused. By next E3, SSB4 will have had over a year's worth of development time, Zelda Wii U will hopefully be beginning to take shape, Retro and Monolith's projects should be nearing completion, and there's a whole bunch of other games we might not even know about yet. Nintendo has a lot of material to show off next year, and they're really going to have to pull out the big guns if they want to stay relevant in the face of PS4/Xbox 720 reveals, especially after this year's disappointing showing.

Posted Image

#24 Barneykiller008

Barneykiller008

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:24 AM

Eh nintendo wasnt good this year like they usually are maybe next year they will

#25 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:23 AM

Microsoft, seriously.

Kinect, kinect, kinect, Black ops, kinect, kinect, kinect, Usher, Kinect, kinect, halo, kinect, smart glass....

28gxdv8.png

#26 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

HEY
as as side note i guess you can say that industry analyst patcher was correct when he said e3 will suck, wot kinda insider info did he get!?!?!
(a lot of the e3 was not bad, but the main parts like the big 3 show floors were lame)
:laugh:

#27 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

HEY
as as side note i guess you can say that industry analyst patcher was correct when he said e3 will suck, wot kinda insider info did he get!?!?!
(a lot of the e3 was not bad, but the main parts like the big 3 show floors were lame)

Micheal Pachter were right??

**Changes Opinion just so that Pachter is wrong**

E3 this year was the best!

28gxdv8.png

#28 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Tales of, Persona 4,TWEWY

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

Personally, I think every conference had it's ups and downs. Microsoft did strt out strong with it's two franchises, Halo and Gears of War but then they made the biggest deal over pointless things that the other consoles could do, internet and music(I'm aware the Wii can't do music but still) not only that but they were wasting our time with Nike games. which i support but found it extremely boring. then we got ushered, then after that they talked about their glass thing and it was interesting but then i groaned when they were advertising other things which then made me stop watching.
then came Sony's and i thought it was the most decent overall three of them. With God of War, The Last of Us, Beyond, the two Bundles for Assassin's Creed III which im getting for the Wii U it was going to be the best conference cuz it didnt have any downfalls...that is until we get to the Wonderbook. and it all went downhill from there.
Ubisoft is definately the best as there was no major fails like Wonderbook n such mainly the in between Dialogue was a bit annoying but passable. then they had big hits like Rayman Legends, Zombi U, that Avengers game, Far cry 3, Just Dance 4, they were really going all support on the Wii U which is what everyone was wanting to see and they delivered, which is why they were well received.
i skipped EA, next
Nintendo, first off i loved the intro very nice intro and then they started out big with Pikmin 3, then the talked about the 2 Mario games, which i really loved, mainly because I expected NSMB2 but wasn't expecting NSMBU and i remembered everyone whining saying they wanted a Mario game in the Launch so i don't see why people were complaining. Next came the 2 other 3DS games which i was happy to hear more detail about as it was something I've been wanting to hear more of, then after that was the Batman exclusive which after watching videos about the built up to the launch i got excited for it once again. then more Zombi U with a better trailer and i was pleased with it. then came NintendoLand which I'm hoping it'll come with the system and il love it then, however i too was bored when they conitnued on, I wasn't mad but more bored. then when the conference as over i was really skepical as Nintendo always ended with epic trailers. It was til after the E3 i heard Retro told Reggie to not show the Secret game and stall, so yeah i think that ruined their momentum as i was expecting epic trailers as always

Posted Image

Be sure to give me your Friend Code if you added mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!