Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

What do you think good idea or not? I can see a game like WOW on their console.
It could also bring pc gamers to the nintendo market.

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#2 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

Well, Wii U is getting an MMO. "Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online", though I'm not sure if it'll bring PC gamers to the Nintendo market as I'm pretty sure Dragon Quest has never been on PC. Other than that I don't know. There were rumors a while back about how Runescape might come to Wii U, as far as I know, that hasn't been confirmed nor denied.

Edited by Kardibask, 23 June 2012 - 09:03 AM.

e674231265.jpg

#3 zzuxon

zzuxon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • NNID:zzuxon
  • Fandom:
    Mario LoZ Kirby SSB Pikmin

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Nintendo has said that they think MMOs would work well on the Wii U.

#4 bejfever

bejfever

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

The new GTAV/WatchDogs style, Left4Dead zombies and ZombiU backpacked with a sprinkle of DayZ - MMO on the WiiU is going to be awsome! apparently its calle... holy cow, come on someone make this!

#5 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Posted Image

there's obviously more you can do with the new gamepad such as having your game screen on the touch screen for easy interaction with NPCs without needing a mouse but i just made a mockup of 2 ideas :)
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#6 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

What do you think good idea or not? I can see a game like WOW on their console.
It could also bring pc gamers to the nintendo market.

A Pokémon MMORPG, like this:
http://videogamenerd...emon-wii-u.html
Take a look at these ideas, I hope so much this is what the next Pokémon looks like!
Posted Image

#7 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

I think MMORPGs would be a great fit for the Wii U. Considering that they most often use buttons for attacks and using items, the touch screen would be even better than a mouse and keyboard. The only problem would be chatting, that would be a bit more difficult, unless you use voice chat.

Edited by Squishton, 23 June 2012 - 08:07 PM.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#8 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

No an open world Rpg with Mmo online would be better.

A Pokémon MMORPG, like this:
http://videogamenerd...emon-wii-u.html
Take a look at these ideas, I hope so much this is what the next Pokémon looks like!

With realistic texture like pikimin but better and more detailed.

I want to battle computers if my online doesn't work. So I can get badges defeat the league and create my own character. Then when I beat it I will just use online.

#9 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

first person mmo's, i have played very little of the likes of skyrim, so this would be neat,

my mmo hypes been slowly going up since last week
:laugh:

#10 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

i dont like first person mmos, and I play skyrim as a third person... its good to have both options though and all MMO are first and 3rd person to.. because first person in games like that, can give additional type of gameplay in this games... For example riddles or mind - puzzle mini games or very small dungeons...

even WOW is first person if you like..

But I have a question, all consoles support keyboard and mouse. I remember my wii did to, so why developers dont support keyboard and mouse in their games? All consoles support them.

Edited by Orion, 23 June 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#11 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

because keyboards and mice are pc controls and most are pretty pricey to buy so not everyone can have them on their consoles as well as their pcs. Having a console controller/gamepad that can perform keyboard/mouse functions is much better.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#12 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

thats not an excuse!! u can buy keybord for 4$ and a mouse for 10$.. Or differently, dont buy this games...

Edited by Orion, 24 June 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#13 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

If World of Warcraft happens to come to the Wii U, I may have a new incentive to play it once again.
Though chances are likely. (Both the game making it to the console and me having to play it again. :P)

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#14 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

thats not an excuse!! u can buy keybord for 4$ and a mouse for 10$.. Or differently, dont buy this games...

say what? maybe if you're talking about a 70s/80s keyboard lol even then it wouldn't be a usb keyboard so it wouldn't work. plus developing games for a single control/gamepad is much easier then developing them for 3 different controllers(console controller/keyboard/mouse).

now let me ask you why on earth would you rather buy a keyboard and mouse instead of just using a touchscreen? touchscreens IMO are better because it's more accurate then a mouse and won't break like a keyboard plus it won't cost any extra.

Edited by ianh05, 24 June 2012 - 01:16 AM.

#15 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:23 AM

I WANT MY POKEMON MMORPG!

28gxdv8.png

#16 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:03 AM

say what? maybe if you're talking about a 70s/80s keyboard lol even then it wouldn't be a usb keyboard so it wouldn't work. plus developing games for a single control/gamepad is much easier then developing them for 3 different controllers(console controller/keyboard/mouse).

now let me ask you why on earth would you rather buy a keyboard and mouse instead of just using a touchscreen? touchscreens IMO are better because it's more accurate then a mouse and won't break like a keyboard plus it won't cost any extra.

What are you talking about the mouse and keyboard are the most accurate controls used in gaming today i would love to see a guy playing an fps on a touchscreen only beating a guy with a keyboard and mouse it just won't happen.I agree with you when you say i would be pretty difficult to create 3 different control schemes for one version of a game. But that's no excuse to say touch screens are more accurate the keyboard and mouse and i know you said in your opinion but still i don't think your statement was correct.

Orion a mouse and keyboard wouldn't cost so cheap imo because big box stores like Best buy if you go there wouldn't be like 10 or 4 dollars it would probably 15-40 dollars for a good one. Now if your talking non big box stores than ya it could cost that cheap. :D

#17 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:04 AM

touch controls are more accurate if used right as you can directly click on any spot on the screen without having to move a mouse around. think about a touchscreen internet where you can just touch anything on the screen instantly where as with pcs you need to move your mouse to what you want to click on.

look at screen, touch object > look at screen, move mouse to object, click on object.

it's quicker and more accurate.

Edited by ianh05, 24 June 2012 - 04:07 AM.

#18 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

touch controls are more accurate if used right as you can directly click on any spot on the screen without having to move a mouse around. think about a touchscreen internet where you can just touch anything on the screen instantly where as with pcs you need to move your mouse to what you want to click on.

look at screen, touch object > look at screen, move mouse to object, click on object.

it's quicker and more accurate.

Do you mean from the Wii U or gaming in general?

#19 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:24 AM

any touchscreen, even those in kiosks are better then pcs with keyboard.mouse controls. It's so much easier just having to touch a button/icon instead of having to move your cursor to the button/icon.

The Wii U gamepad is better then keyboard + mouse for MMO's, it's just that everyone is used to a pc setup for MMO games.

#20 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

console is meant to play on the living room or your room... attach to a tv.. with you sitting on the couch... there is no point in building a console if you have to set it up like a pc lol
urhhh.. potatoes?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!