Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!

Ok. You got that this is a rumor? I also want to state that it is not one based on many facts but since there has been a lack of news I thought I would post it anyways. Ok. Lets start.

The other day I was watching a web show that was covering E3, and one of the host said something interesting. According to him, he had been talking with a Nintendo representative who had told him a little about Nintendo Land that wasn't shared officially by Nintendo. That was that Nintendo Land wasn't going to have just one theme park, but instead feature many theme parks that represented 3rd party developers. (E.X. Ubisoft Land, Konami Land, Capcom Land, ect.) From there the 3rd party companies could create mini games representing their own franchises. For example Ubisoft could create a mini game based off of ZombiU and distribute it through an online store, either for free or as paid DLC.Now like I said this is a rumor, and I am not sure how reliable it is. However I think that this would be a brilliant idea on Nintendo's part, and make the game function somewhat like Playstation Home, except good. So what do you guys think of this rumor? If it is true what 3rd parties would you like to see make mini games, and of what franchises (here's hoping for a Resident Evil mini game, and a Metal Gear Solid one too!)?

Source:
7:45 Into the video.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

It's not likely to be true but hey, most rumours aren't. Anyway, isn't Nintendo Land supposed to be a KIDS game?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

I suppose it's possible that there will be some third party content, but I think it will mainly be based on Nintendo games. I inks it's very unlikely that the likes of ZombiU and Metal Gear Solid would appear, as that would bump up the game's PEGI rating, which isn't what Nintendo would want for this kind of game.

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

It's not likely to be true but hey, most rumours aren't. Anyway, isn't Nintendo Land supposed to be a KIDS game?

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that they can't bring M rated franchises into the mix. Isn't Smash Bros Brawl a family friendly game? Snake is in that. Plus the Metroid series is going to have a mini game, and that isn't a very kid friendly series. Just make it cute and have no blood and it should be fine in terms of content.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yeah, there is no way. Nintendo definitely wants (and needs) Nintendo Land to be rated E. A Resident Evil attraction would at least make it E10, if they lower the violence to a very low. Would be cool for us, but it isn't going to happen.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

He explained the game wrong at 4 minutes, so I doubt him.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

It'd just be Miis dressed up in Zombi costumes walking towards you, and you have to, like, spray them with water to make them not be Zombies anymore. It wouldn't be an accurate depiction of the violent third party titles, because Nintendo wouldn't allow that, and none of the first party stuff is anywhere near like the actual games anyways. I think this rumor could be very true, and if it isn't, it's not going to be because the game will become too violent.

#8 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

I could see...
  • Third-party DLC available at whatever they call the e-shop. Each mini-game has its own ESRB rating, but the default ones are all rated E.
  • A code of some sort that comes with a retail game you buy, so you can add the mini-game to your collection. For example, buying Assassin's Creed III and punching in a code found on the back of the instruction booklet will add an Assassin's Creed game.
These will be added to your mini-game list, but will not be accessible from the actual park (or, if the developer wants, they can make their own theme park).
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#9 NinjaU

NinjaU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Wow! I would love this!
It would be kinda like Wario Ware DIY: Big Name Games, except A LOT BETTER!

http://www.warioware...big-name-games/

#10 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

Nintendo did not say this is a kids game. They said its like Wii Sports, showing what the gamepad can do. I wouldn't be surprised if its free. And I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo allowed for DLC that can be free or paid for. Each one can have its own unique rating, and they can even have parental controls limiting what kids can even see.

I don't know if this is true but I see it as possible.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#11 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

in other words... similar to Playstation Home..
urhhh.. potatoes?

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

Probably not a complete land from other companies, but I can see a few G Rated additions, like Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Pac Man and Puzzle Bobble.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

This idea as a game.. comes closer and closer to my original idea 1.2 years ago, that I send to nintendo.. hahaha... But I insist, it should be bundled with wii U, and drain our money by buying this mini games or spend or nintendo stars in there... They still miss the most important feature!!... A nintendo stadium, so every month or 2-3-4 months, nintendo will make official events and all miis will gather up for serious competition and prizes!

My idea was not to create a ubisoft land or a konami land, whatever.. but each company to have their own spot in there!! With eshops and stuff.. :) very expandable..

Edited by Orion, 26 June 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#14 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

It would kinda ruin the "NINTENDO" land name, don't you think?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

Unless.... they make those characters invaders.

Picture this, Sonic the Hedgehog comes in with his high horse swagger on, and as Mario, you gotta kick his butt.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

My mii will be dressed as an Assassin in a game called Assassins Creed: Hide and Seek.

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

I suppose it's possible that there will be some third party content, but I think it will mainly be based on Nintendo games. I inks it's very unlikely that the likes of ZombiU and Metal Gear Solid would appear, as that would bump up the game's PEGI rating, which isn't what Nintendo would want for this kind of game.

I don't think it would bump the PEGI rating. Zelda games are usually rated T (ESRB rating) but for Nintendo Land, they will only bring the main Zelda theme, swordfights. For Metal Gear, the theme could only be about stealth. Basically it would be hide n seek with your Mii having a bandana and an awesome male voice. However, you're right, I can't see the tweak being made for ZombiU... Oh well, I'll wait and see...

RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!

Ok. You got that this is a rumor? I also want to state that it is not one based on many facts but since there has been a lack of news I thought I would post it anyways. Ok. Lets start.

The other day I was watching a web show that was covering E3, and one of the host said something interesting. According to him, he had been talking with a Nintendo representative who had told him a little about Nintendo Land that wasn't shared officially by Nintendo. That was that Nintendo Land wasn't going to have just one theme park, but instead feature many theme parks that represented 3rd party developers. (E.X. Ubisoft Land, Konami Land, Capcom Land, ect.) From there the 3rd party companies could create mini games representing their own franchises. For example Ubisoft could create a mini game based off of ZombiU and distribute it through an online store, either for free or as paid DLC.Now like I said this is a rumor, and I am not sure how reliable it is. However I think that this would be a brilliant idea on Nintendo's part, and make the game function somewhat like Playstation Home, except good. So what do you guys think of this rumor? If it is true what 3rd parties would you like to see make mini games, and of what franchises (here's hoping for a Resident Evil mini game, and a Metal Gear Solid one too!)?

Source:
7:45 Into the video.

Capcom Land? CAPCOM LAND??? Screw everything and do a Monster Hunter Land!
Posted Image

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

I don't think it would bump the PEGI rating. Zelda games are usually rated T (ESRB rating) but for Nintendo Land, they will only bring the main Zelda theme, swordfights. For Metal Gear, the theme could only be about stealth. Basically it would be hide n seek with your Mii having a bandana and an awesome male voice. However, you're right, I can't see the tweak being made for ZombiU... Oh well, I'll wait and see...

Capcom Land? CAPCOM LAND??? Screw everything and do a Monster Hunter Land!

ZombiU can be beam rays with sparkles and you paralyze strange looking miis.

#19 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

ZombiU can be beam rays with sparkles and you paralyze strange looking miis.

Seems legit, I guess. However, I just don't see that happening...
Posted Image

#20 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

I love these guys but the host, Fraser, is notorious for wrongly explaining things, he also will get the wrong message out of things constantly. This isn't a bash on him because he is amazing, but he gets a lot of things wrong. Nevertheless this would be cool.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!