#21 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

I think it will have a nice mix, and hopefully it won't be flooded of shovel-ware like the Wii.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#22 AWiiLoverNamedGoo

AWiiLoverNamedGoo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

I think there will mainly be G (everyone) rated games as that allows more people to play. I think those games with a higher rating due to violence, adult themes, whatever, will be a smaller percentage of the software library. They want to encourage new users, but do so without losing their current ones.

#23 Hardcore Brawler

Hardcore Brawler

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Punch Out!, Metroid, Zelda, more

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

The term "hardcore" has lost its meaning over the years. A hardcore gamer is someone who puts a lot of their time into games. Playing them, researching info about them, you name it. They generally have a wide knowledge of games. It is NOT someone who just sits there and plays CoD online all of the time.

A hardcore game can be anything that isn't a family/party game. So yes, games like Super Mario Bros., Pikmin and Donkey Kong are all hardcore games. A game doesn't have to have a lot of blood and violence to be hardcore, it just has to be a game that takes a lot of skill, is really challenging and isn't just a one-time thing.

So if you aren't into the games that you mentioned, that doesn't mean you don't like hardcore games. It just means you aren't into those sorts of games.

Anyways, I'm sure there'll be some casual games on the Wii U like Wii U sports and Wii U play.

Exactly

There is no different from beating a Dark paced game and a (real) Platformer since the two of them are real games (developes with concern)

sometimes , games like Mario can be even more difficult than games like COD

Posted Image

by Cerberuz

My Wii U games wishlist:
Disaster 2 - F-Zero U - Eternal Darkness 2 - Madworld 2 - Beyond Good and Evil 2 (Wii U version)

#24 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

No it's got Lego City Stories, New Super Mario Bros Mii, Super Smash Bros, Find Mii, Chase Mii and Shield Pose. Not to mention Nintendo said that it's going to appeal to the hardcore and casual gamers hence why it's called Wii U.

#25 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty andMonster Hunter Tri

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

Hardcore players are a dedicated sort of gamer that would spend hours trying to find easter eggs and find a fun spot in a game. I remember the old Tony Hawk games when everyone was looking for cool glitches and stuff like that. I own all the Nintendo handhelds and own Game Cube and on. I think this system will give me games that I enjoy like the Wii.

I hope the hard core I mean is not what you are talking about.
More core gamer games please.
Don't push it I am smarter than you.

#26 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

I think it will have a nice mix, and hopefully it won't be flooded of shovel-ware like the Wii.

To tell you the truth it's going to need some shovelware because from what I've read on forums and stuff Nintendo haven't quite captured that PS360 crowd that they were hoping to get.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#27 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

To tell you the truth it's going to need some shovelware because from what I've read on forums and stuff Nintendo haven't quite captured that PS360 crowd that they were hoping to get.

That is funny. I always say shovelware doesn't mean the same thing to every person. FPSs are hitting market the same way RPGs were in the late 90's. For some all game genres that they don't play is shovelware. I don't see shovelware on any console. I see games that some person like and play. I don't think there is a game that just doesn't sell a single copy.

#28 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

That is funny. I always say shovelware doesn't mean the same thing to every person. FPSs are hitting market the same way RPGs were in the late 90's. For some all game genres that they don't play is shovelware. I don't see shovelware on any console. I see games that some person like and play. I don't think there is a game that just doesn't sell a single copy.

That's the thing, everyone interprets shovelware differently. I'm just assuming that I know what Waller means when he says shovelware.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#29 Haha

Haha

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

There will be a good mix, and all of the Wii catolog.

#30 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

No it's got Lego City Stories, New Super Mario Bros Mii, Super Smash Bros, Find Mii, Chase Mii and Shield Pose. Not to mention Nintendo said that it's going to appeal to the hardcore and casual gamers hence why it's called Wii U.

A lot of those are just there for the show and won't be real games. Steel Diver was a tech demo a while back and it was unexpectingly made into a 3DS game; you never know.
Posted Image

#31 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

If this were true I'd be a dream come true for me but honestly i think the console would fail. So I think Nintendo will mix it up.

1367065580450s.jpg

#32 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

i know, but a lot of games that are coming out seem to be like that. there were a lot of light hearted games shown a e3 for wii u ,but the wii u , from what i heard, is meant to have a lot of hardcore games . what worries me is that there will be more hardcore games then lighthearted or casual games

I don't think you really know what a hardcore game is. A Hardcore game is a game that attracts the true fans of a franchise. If there is a very large following of a game it is Hardcore. Mario games are what considered is (should) Hardcore.

#33 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

I don't think you really know what a hardcore game is. A Hardcore game is a game that attracts the true fans of a franchise. If there is a very large following of a game it is Hardcore. Mario games are what considered is (should) Hardcore.

I think a true hardcore game attracts not only fans of a franchise, but fans of a genre. Mario is "hardcore" because it is a top-tier platformer.

#34 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

I think a true hardcore game attracts not only fans of a franchise, but fans of a genre. Mario is "hardcore" because it is a top-tier platformer.

Your right Mario is hardcore:

hard-core also hard·core (härdkôr, -kr)
adj.
1. Intensely loyal; die-hard: a hard-core secessionist; a hard-core golfer.

I do believe Mario falls in that category.

#35 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:29 AM

Hah, Mario is a top-tier platformer because it's one of the few that are actually good. To be honest, I've never heard of a bad platformer, but I've never really heard of that many platform games. It's easy to dominate a genre that has few games that could stand up against you.

Edited by Dementis, 20 June 2011 - 06:36 AM.

#36 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

Hah, Mario is a top-tier platformer because it's one of the few that are actually good. To be honest, I've never heard of a bad platformer, but I've never really heard of that many platform games. It's easy to dominate a genre that has few games that could stand up against you.

Especially when you practically 'created' that genre.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!