Photo

Would you prefer Mario Galaxy style, or Mario 64/sunshine style ?

mario 64 wii u wiiu galaxy

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tidus

Tidus

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Long story short: Would you prefer the new Mario game to be more like Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario 64/Sunshine?

-----------------------------------

I grew up playing Super Mario 64 on N64, and have got lots of great memories from it. Its one of my all time favourite games. I've also played and completed both Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. Although they are good games... I waaaaaaaay preferred Mario 64 and Sunshine.

On 64, exploring the big mansion and finding all the levels was sooo good. So was exploring the plaza on Sunshine. But the Galaxy games didnt seem to have the same feel.... 64 and sunshine seemed to be more of an adventure, whereas Galaxy just seemed to be a platformer.

So for me, I'd waaaaayy prefer an adventure style mario like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine!

Edited by Tidus, 10 July 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#2 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

Agreed.

#3 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

I like them both but I Galaxy was just a little cooler IMO.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

I want a new Mario 64 style game. NAOW NINTENDO!

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

I just hate it when Mario stops being linear. I don't want to think while playing Mario, I want to sit back and kick some goomba and Koopa tail. When I have to start figuring out what to do I get pissed and rage quit. If I wanted that I'd play Majora's Mask :D

#6 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Tales of, Persona 4,TWEWY

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

i choose....neither. i'd rather have a mario 3d land style. :P or if i had to choose. then a mario 64/sunshine

Posted Image

Be sure to give me your Friend Code if you added mine.

#7 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, Galaxy is just fine,
but I prefer the wide-spread platform level layouts of Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine.

I know there are some decent traditional platform levels in Galaxy (the first bee suit level comes to mind),
but mostly, the levels are based around spheres and gravity. That makes for some creative gameplay, but I like the idea of
running around in more open environments. Delfino Plaza, The carnival level Mario 64's first level, or the Ice level with the Penguins, levels like those ones.

I suppose Mario 64 and Sunshine have their share of enclosed environments too, but there were far more open world levels. I'd rather they bring back THAT balance.

#8 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'd like a game that tends on resembling Super Mario 64/Sunshine but having the clever level design that Super Mario Galaxy (especially the second) had. It would be cool if the game took place on different planets. That way you could play on-land levels and in-space levels. They could also include some levels that would mix sidescrolling and 3D platforming. And I expect a game as intensely platforming-based as the Galaxy series.
Posted Image

#9 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

I definitely liked the Mario 64/Sunshine styled games more than Galaxy. I felt like there was so much more to explore in those games, especially Sunshine, whereas Galaxy felt more like a confined and restricted path. (I don't know if this changed in Galaxy 2, I only have the first one.)
Posted Image

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

Needs moar Galaxy luvvin.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

I'd like to see Galaxy 3 in the future. But I would like a game like 64. No gravity or Fludd type gameplay. Just simple 3D Mario with Star collecting with multiple missions per level. The only game like that is 64 and 64 DS since Sunshine has Fludd, Galaxy 1 and 2 have the gravity gameplay and 3D Land plays like a 2D game having no multiple mission per level gameplay.

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

SMG style because that's more what Mario is about.
No sig.

#13 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

I would like both, but since I have to choose I would go with a 64/Sunshine style just because we haven't seen one in a while. But honestly what I would really like them to do instead, is to do something different and flip us on our faces like they did with Mario Galaxy and add a new style to the art of Mario platforming.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!