#1 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

I just thought about it. ExciteTruck was a great game, yet a bit rushed and overlooked by Nintendo itself. You know, we've got three main categories in racing games. You've got the realistic ones in circuit (Forza, Gran Turismo, Project C.A.R.S.), the party-like unrealistic ones (Mario Kart) and you've got the realistic ones in an open world (Need For Speed). But, after a bit of thinking, its obvious that ExciteTruck is in none of these categories, meaning that it has no other games to keep up with and can have a whole new fanbase.

For those who don't know, ExciteTruck is a kind of realistic yet insanely fast-paced Monster truck racing game published by Nintendo that is part of the ExciteBike series.

This game has a lot of potential and can become a real hardcore game. So here's my idea.

No more 2D motorbike racing. This was fun in the 80's, but now there's no way that kind of game sells well now. If they want to do that, then its good for the e-Shop as a Wii U-Ware game. I'm thinking of a fast-paced and crazy motorbike game. It would go fast with mud all over the place and you would be able to perform a crazy chain of stunts (maybe using the GamePad?) while high (and I mean HIGH) in mid-air. You'd be racing in a rather opened area at a moment while in another situation you'd be hitting the hell out of your opponent in a confined space.

There would be an online exhibition (dunno if I wrote it well) mode where you'll have to perform as much crazy tricks as possible. The other guys waiting for their turn would be the judges panel giving you a mark out of ten. (No cheating, if someone gives an insanely bad mark that is totally different from what the other guys gave, then it would be ignored.)

There would also be a team race as well as a free-for-all race mode online and offline. There would be a racing exhibition mode (team and single) where the team that has the most points wins (considering that stunts make you earn points).

The exact same would apply to monster trucks.

There would also be deep bike and truck customisation.

What do you think of it? Discuss.
Posted Image

#2 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

Never played any of the Excite games besides the one on NES ( played it on my 3DS as a 3D Classic though). Truck looks cool to play and I will check it out sometime. I'm up for a sequel, but instead of a new ExciteTruck what about a new ExciteBike? Not 2D though.

#3 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Never played any of the Excite games besides the one on NES ( played it on my 3DS as a 3D Classic though). Truck looks cool to play and I will check it out sometime. I'm up for a sequel, but instead of a new ExciteTruck what about a new ExciteBike? Not 2D though.

I see no reason why ExciteBike and ExciteTruck should be two different games. I agree with you and I would like to see both trucks and bikes in the same game.
Posted Image

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Yes.

Because Bikes were beast in MKWii.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

excite bots were the best

#6 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

Yes! Wii U is made for excitement! I want excite truck!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#7 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

excite bots were the best

Darn I totally missed this game. It looks amazing!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!