#1 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=181875

Is it finally happening?!

If this happens, I really hope that it releases on the Wii U. (Sega doesn't have a reason not to.)

Edited by Blake, 24 July 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#2 Naomi

Naomi

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    inFamous, Call of Duty, Mario

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

I was hoping for A Sonic Riders Zero Gravity sequel first, that game was AMAZING!!!! But I guess Sonic Adventure 3 wouldn't be bad either
New opportunities with this site, I like it

"A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years." Story of my Lif3!

*Lick Partay*

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

Well, I know the music will go unquestioned.

But that's about it. They really need to ignore what the fans are saying this time around. The perception of what the Sonic genre is has been lost completely, and they need to focus more on what they are making as opposed to whatever they are getting asked to make.

Of course, that's assuming they decide to go through with it.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

Oh come on, SEGA! Pleaser let this happen! Make it for the Wii U aswell! PWEASE!? :)

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

This is interesting, I really hope this is true. It would tie in great with the SA2 HD release later this year, though the game would come out later than that probably. I really hope they don't include those Knuckles/Rouge treasure levels. I always hated them.

#6 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

Well, the Knuckles rapper mentioned it, and here we are. Guess he wasn't trolling.

#7 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

I really, really, really hope this happens. I've never had more fun with the Sonic series than the Adventure games. Generations was fun and all but it just felt like it lost a lot of the charm that SA1/2 had. Plus I have some disagreements regarding the boost mechanic... Again, it's fun, but I much preferred the pure platforming focus of the Adventure series and the Mega Drive games.

I have no doubts that Adventure 3 would be absolutely brilliant if they went ahead with it. Sega/Sonic Team have much more experience now than they did back when they made the original games.

Posted Image

#8 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

I hope it comes out for the WiiU. I wont play Sonic games anywhere other than Ninty Systems. I LOVED SA1. Things i hope to see in SA3:
-A deep story. SA1, SA2, and Sonic Unleashed had an awesome story. Sonic 06 could have had the best story out of all games if it wasnt rushed and.. confusing with those chaos emeralds stuff. Sonic Generations and Colors were basic and simple. I don't like basic and simple.
-More platforming, a liiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit less running. We need the platforming the games pre-unleashed had. Keep Sonic's speed as it is or a little slower, he has become waaay tooo fast.
-Full 3D Free Roaming Hub Worlds.Sure action stages are nice, but hub worlds are better. SA1's hub worlds were amazing. Make them bigger to fit Sonic's new speed.

So thats all i want from SA3. We all know the music is gonna be outstanding so no need to ask for that.

Edited by The Huntsman, 24 July 2012 - 09:59 AM.

Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#9 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

Maybe this is why they have been releasing all of the previous adventure games in HD as to give people a place to start with the series. This is awesome if it is true.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#10 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

OOOH OOH! And the characters i want:
-Sonic
-Tails(<---- Most wanted)

-Knux
-Amy
-Some odd new character

Oh and no giimmicks(Tails's Robots...) oh and the return of wasps(Was it called wasps or wisps?)

#11 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

I hope it comes out for the WiiU. I wont play Sonic games anywhere  other than Ninty Systems. I LOVED SA1. Things i hope to see in SA3:
-A deep story. SA1, SA2, and Sonic Unleashed had an awesome story. Sonic 06 could have had the best story out of all games if it wasnt rushed and.. confusing with those chaos emeralds stuff. Sonic Generations and Colors were basic and simple. I don't like basic and simple.
-More platforming, a liiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit less running. We need the platforming the games pre-unleashed had. Keep Sonic's speed as it is or a little slower, he has become waaay tooo fast.
-Full 3D Free Roaming Hub Worlds.Sure action stages are nice, but hub worlds are better. SA1's hub worlds were amazing. Make them bigger to fit Sonic's new speed.

So thats all i want from SA3. We all know the music is gonna be outstanding so no need to ask for that.

I would agree with this, but Generations was the best Sonic game I've played in awhile. I didn't like Adventure much, and Unleashed's night stages were way too slow and boring (though as a whole, the game was better than it got credit for).

I agree with the deep story, and platforming's alright, but I think they should also keep the emphasis on running and boosting. I don't think they should break up the running segments with platforming segments - it makes both feel underwhelming. As an example, I would have rather have less platforming in the Act 2 stages in Sonic Generations. The whole point of those stages is speed. To hamstring it with platforming was a bit annoying. If they want to de-segment it and have both platforming and running in the same levels, that's fine, but I hope they do it logically (i.e. a section of running and a section of platforming, not random platforming parts in the middle of running around like the old Sonic games did).

The hub worlds would be nice to see, as well.

Edited by SolarLune, 24 July 2012 - 11:26 AM.

Follow me on Twitter or on my homepage to follow my game development progress. Thanks!

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

I would agree with this, but Generations was the best Sonic game I've played in awhile. I didn't like Adventure much, and Unleashed's night stages were way too slow and boring (though as a whole, the game was better than it got credit for).

I agree with the deep story, and platforming's alright, but I think they should also keep the emphasis on running and boosting. I don't think they should break up the running segments with platforming segments - it makes both feel underwhelming. As an example, I would have rather have less platforming in the Act 2 stages in Sonic Generations. The whole point of those stages is speed. To hamstring it with platforming was a bit annoying. If they want to de-segment it and have both platforming and running in the same levels, that's fine, but I hope they do it logically (i.e. a section of running and a section of platforming, not random platforming parts in the middle of running around like the old Sonic games did).

The hub worlds would be nice to see, as well.

I've gotta agree, Generations was certainly (in my opinion) one of the best Sonic games out there. Shame it didn't come out for the Wii.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#13 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Personally I would love for Chaos to come back.

The Perfect Chaos battle in SA1 was beyond epic.

Posted Image

How can you not want to fight this guy?

#14 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Posted Image

I really liked SA1 too. The story was epic and wasn't as cheesy as SA2, and the levels were pretty good ant there wasn't too much rail grinding like in SA2.

I'd like for them to
-make a good storyline. I want sonic to save the world in an awesome way
-figure out any and all camera/control issues (a common 3-d Sonic game problem)
-go back to the music style of the Genesis games (& maybe Sonic Colors too)
-keep most of the levels about exhilarating speed & fun platforming

If Sega can guarantee me those four things, I'll reserve the game yesterday ^_^

#15 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Generations was good because it was nostalgic. Sega needs to make a completely original hit to put faith back into its fans. They kinda beat around the bush when they make games like Sonic All-Star Racing.

#16 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image

ME!
Because the first time i played SA1, i was about 6( i played it in 200....2006 maybe. Directors Cut thingy) I got soooooooo scared.

How can you not get scared of this guy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!