Photo

RUMOR: Wii U to Have a Large Retail Presence + Big Demo Units, People to Explain

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

I remember Best Buy having the first 3DS demo units. My local Best Buy is pretty small though, I would imagine they would have to get rid of another demo unit for it to fit.
Posted Image

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

Must only apply in America, since paying for more favourable placement in stores is illegal in the rest of the world.
Isn't the training thing normal for a new console release? Of course they did the same for the 3DS.

Rubbish. I don't know where you got that idea. It's certainly not illegal here in the UK and I doubt it is in the rest of the EU or the world.

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

Rubbish. I don't know where you got that idea. It's certainly not illegal here in the UK and I doubt it is in the rest of the EU or the world.

It is here in Ireland.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

It is here in Ireland.

What makes you think it is ?

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

What makes you think it is ?

Worked in retail years ago, and it was law then.
Might have changed but I doubt it.

Paying for a specific spot on shelves is against the law, if you're confusing it with something else.
The idea is to have the customers decide what takes prominence.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Worked in retail years ago, and it was law then.
Might have changed but I doubt it.

Paying for a specific spot on shelves is against the law, if you're confusing it with something else.
The idea is to have the customers decide what takes prominence.

I'm not confusing it with anything else. It's certainly not against the law here in the UK. Retailers like Game, HMV, etc. do it all the time. Even the top ten charts in their stores have paid for positions so they are never accurate and misleading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!