YoshiStar

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Full Size

Made this quite recently. Wanted it to look as realistic as possible. Well, except for the character roster which is just my personal preference. No one will really agree with me on the characters lol. Keep in mind, this was made before the news that Nintendo was going to be collaborating with Namco Bandai. This was before the Wii U Pro controller was revealed as well. I had to use my imagination for a lot of this :P
-------------

Posted Image
Full Size

I wasn't very fond of the real Donkey Kong Country Returns box art, so I made this. I think it really gives you the warm jungle feel and makes you want to play the game. I decided to make the Wii plastic have a wooden type print on it, similar to how New Super Mario Bros. has red. It isn't a solid color, but I'm quite sure it's possible.
-------------

Posted Image
Full Size

This was made a loong time ago, so I don't really like this one as much as some of the others I've made. A lot of other people did like it quite a bit, though :P I don't like the name "Tussle" either, but hey ... I didn't think about it that much back then. I thought a 2D style would work well for the Nintendo DS. Keep in mind that this was made way before the 3DS was even announced.
-------------

Posted Image
Full Size

This was my attempt at a minimalistic Other M cover. I wanted it to be simple but beautiful, and I hope I succeeded. These aren't supposed to look very official or anything. More like some kind of Special Edition cover.
-------------

Posted Image
Full Size

I made this a loong time ago as well, so the art isn't very great. I always hated how the Mother series had boxarts that were just pure red with a logo slapped on top. I envisioned a Mother 3 box art that was more similar to the box arts of other video games. This was when games weren't being made for the GBA anymore and only for the Nintendo DS, so I decided to make it for the DS. Of course, they never brought it to the states :'(
-------------

Posted Image
Full Size

My goal in this was simple. Make a Super Mario Galaxy 2 cover that was AS EPIC as the game. I hope I succeeded.
-------------

Posted Image
Full Size

I made this when only the trailer for Kirby's Epic Yarn was out. No box arts or anything. So now it probably doesn't look like much, but back then I thought it was pretty cool. Had to give everything that yarn like texture and stuff.
-------------

Posted Image
Full Size

This was a creative cover for Wind Waker. I really wanted to capture the game's style somehow. Yes, Link doesn't have eyes ... I thought it looked better without them.
-------------

I have plenty more, but I'm not as proud of them since they were made quite a long time ago. If you want to check out my full box art portfolio, just head over to my VGBoxart page:
YoshiStar's VGBoxart Page

#2 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Cool, I remember seeing a lot of these back on VGBoxart. Tussle, Other M, and Galaxy 2 are my personal favorites. Nice job on them all!

e674231265.jpg

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

I remember seeing these in places...

Great work!

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

That Other M boxart looks awesome.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

THESE LOOK AWESOME

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#6 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

These are pretty awesome, I really liked the Smash Bros. ones and the Donkey Kong Country one. I would like to see more of these in the future.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#7 YoshiStar

YoshiStar

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

These are pretty awesome, I really liked the Smash Bros. ones and the Donkey Kong Country one. I would like to see more of these in the future.

I have plenty more, but I'm not as proud of them since they were made quite a long time ago. If you want to check out my full box art portfolio, just head over to my VGBoxart page:

#8 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Yeah, I saw all those I was just saying I want to see even more! :)

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Wii U Smash Bros is amazing but the cover art is way too similar to the Wii.

#10 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

Great Job, im jealous

#11 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

I remember seeing these on 3DSForums, the SSBU one looks really good!!!
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#12 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:24 AM

These look professional

28gxdv8.png

#13 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

Looks incredible man! Really dig both the Super Smash Bros. Universe and Donkey Kong Country ones.
Honestly, these are good enough to be the 'limited edition' or 'collectors edition' versions of the games. Especially that 'Metriod: Other M' box; I imagine it in a metallic tin or hard cover.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#14 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

*dies* THESE ARE BRILLIANT!!!! YOU DESERVE A GOLD MEDAL IN THE CUSTOM BOX ART OLYMPICS!!!!! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!!! Phew, these are really good. Love the Smash Bros. one, it actually looks real. The Donkey Kong and Mario Galaxy ones are awesome aswell, way better than the originals. :)

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

These are pretty delicious.

If this isn't your day job, it should be.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

I like them a lot, especially the Donkey Kong variant. With Kirby I would have used wool instead of wood. Great art!

Here is one I made a while ago:
http://flic.kr/p/66wBrM

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#17 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

these are amazing, better than the actual thing.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#18 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

very nice work

#19 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

I wish they would do with the boxes what they did with the N64 cartridges. Make them different colors and whatnot. These are really good though, nice work :D
Posted Image

#20 YoshiStar

YoshiStar

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hey everybody! Thanks for the feedback. I just updated my Super Smash Bros. Universe box with the latest template. Tell me what you think!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!