• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

$299.99 is the right price. Anything lower and people will think its nothing special. Anything more and people won't buy it until a price drop and Nintendo doesn't want to do that. So that should be the price.

And yes, people will complain. They always do.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

PS3 costed $800 at launch: overpriced and not as powerful as XBox, which launched for $500 or $600. Wii costed $300 at launch.
Now the Wii U will be more powerful than current gen, feature an original controller and social gaming. It will probably launch for around $300. Stick a bitten apple sticker and it would cost $1000. I am not in right to complain.

Actually the PS3 was $600 at launch.

Regards the price of the Wii U obviously there is need for concern. Pricing is and will always be an issue for any new hardware. There is a certain price point the market can bear and anything higher is going to significantly affect sales. Nintendo needs to determine this price point and hope that it's enough for them to not make a loss. Whether this is $300, $250 or some other lower or higher price point remains to be seen. There are probably several reasons why Nintendo hasn't announced the price yet including the threat of their competitors dropping the price, the exchange rate between the yen and the dollar/pound, the cost of manufacture amongst others. I suspect they will leave it as late as possible to announce it. I also doubt very much there will be more then one SKU except colour wise.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 29 July 2012 - 06:39 AM.

#23 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

I don't care about the price much, and I don't think many people hear care about the price, but casual gamer's do.
also the price reflects how powerfull a system is, therefore I don't want it to be to cheep.
one of the reasons they haven't revealed the price is because they don't want to let the competitors know so that they can lower there prices in comparison to the price of the wiiu too early before the holiday season and grantee it will succeed.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

I don't care about the price much, and I don't think many people hear care about the price, but casual gamer's do.
also the price reflects how powerfull a system is, therefore I don't want it to be to cheep.
one of the reasons they haven't revealed the price is because they don't want to let the competitors know so that they can lower there prices in comparison to the price of the wiiu too early before the holiday season and grantee it will succeed.

I disagree. First of all I think most if not everyone here cares just as much about the price as the rest of the general public. Secondly price doesn't always reflect the power of a console. The 3DS was initially priced the same as the Vita yet the Vita is far more powerful. The perception is certainly not there for the majority that the more a console costs the more powerful it is. The perception is that the more it costs the less value for money it is.

#25 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

I disagree. First of all I think most if not everyone here cares just as much about the price as the rest of the general public. Secondly price doesn't always reflect the power of a console. The 3DS was initially priced the same as the Vita yet the Vita is far more powerful. The perception is certainly not there for the majority that the more a console costs the more powerful it is. The perception is that the more it costs the less value for money it is.

OK, fair enough, the price does not tell us the power of the console, but i still feel the price somewhat reflects the power and the less informed gamer how powerful they can expect it to be. Nintendo made a big mistake with the 3ds and because of it it got bad press at first because people did not think it was worth the money.
also i think that the perception is both the more a console costs the more powerfull it is and the less value for money it is. it just depends on the person buying it.

do people really care that much about the price? we all know roughly what price its going to be already don't we?

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#26 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

OK, fair enough, the price does not tell us the power of the console, but i still feel the price somewhat reflects the power and the less informed gamer how powerful they can expect it to be. Nintendo made a big mistake with the 3ds and because of it it got bad press at first because people did not think it was worth the money.
also i think that the perception is both the more a console costs the more powerfull it is and the less value for money it is. it just depends on the person buying it.

do people really care that much about the price? we all know roughly what price its going to be already don't we?

I think people do care about the price even hardcore gamers. If they didn't there wouldn't be as many threads as there are on various forums discussing the price of consoles. As for knowing roughly how much the Wii U is going to be I don't think we or anyone else does outside of Nintendo and possibly the big retailers. I believe it could be as little as $200 or as much as $400. The mid point which is $300 is the most likely.

#27 FreakAlchemist

FreakAlchemist

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link Samus MegaMan KidBuu Vegeta

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Ya you are actually right but I was in fact talking about the architecture (sorry, it wasnt clear). XBox 360's architecture was better than PS3 so games were originally developed for the XBox 360 then ported to the other consoles.

They still are.
Posted Image

3DS Friend code: 0602-6262-8935

just pm me if you want to friend me

#28 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Some of us don't watch very many movies, so it would be more cost-effective to buy a physical copy every now and then than to pay a monthly subscription.

And all adding Blu-ray to Wii U would do is drive up the cost. I don't know why people freak out over it; it's not hard to buy a Blu-ray player.

The Quality of Blu-Ray is better than Netflix, and also the same reason people like the Physical copy of games instead of the Digital, we like to collect movies. You don't have to rely on your Internet to watch Blu-Ray movies. I don't know if you care about this part, but I like seeing how they made the movie.

No, you still don't need that on a console. Netflix is enough if you want to watch movies on your console. And people don't care about movie quality that much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!