Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

if u check the image... and the bubble that says "USB PORT" .. I see 1 usb port and 1 ethernet port.. so... ARE u blind?? Dont you see that the bottom port is 3 times the size of the top usb port? either ways.. if wii U dont support ethernet cable.. it will be a problem for those who DONT have wifi router, but a modem without...

The funny part is, that western countries, like UK for example. All providers give a modem instead of a router... (In my country all providers stopped giving modems, so everybody got a router)... That means all brits must buy a router with wifi as well!? :)

That's a good point, the bottom port does look like 5 times the size of the top one.
Weird.

Still doubt it'll have ethernet. Probably 802.11n

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

Didn't the official spec sheet say no ethernet port and is compatible with usb ethernet.

The reason fir being wired is simple, it provides the best connection. No interference, my personal problem is that no wireless device can properly download at 100mbps and tops at 50Mb but still uploads at 10mbs. Ethernet is useful when streaming, I have my main pc, both ps3 and 360 pluged in gigabit ethernet. I can say local streaming is better with ethernet.

It is a very hard core thing and niche thing. I don't like saying im hard core but I take gaming to a very niche set up, including being and audiophile.

Anyway Wii lan adapter can be used. Its too bad that despite Nintendo saying they're serious about online, they don't add gigabit ethernet. Also no toslink out, how do we get 5.1 audio out.

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Didn't the official spec sheet say no ethernet port and is compatible with usb ethernet.

The reason fir being wired is simple, it provides the best connection. No interference, my personal problem is that no wireless device can properly download at 100mbps and tops at 50Mb but still uploads at 10mbs. Ethernet is useful when streaming, I have my main pc, both ps3 and 360 pluged in gigabit ethernet. I can say local streaming is better with ethernet.

It is a very hard core thing and niche thing. I don't like saying im hard core but I take gaming to a very niche set up, including being and audiophile.

Anyway Wii lan adapter can be used. Its too bad that despite Nintendo saying they're serious about online, they don't add gigabit ethernet. Also no toslink out, how do we get 5.1 audio out.

802.11n is just as good for streaming.
From experience.
Wired should be preferred for high-data use though.
Question is, are consoles high-data use?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

802.11n is just as good for streaming.
From experience.
Wired should be preferred for high-data use though.
Question is, are consoles high-data use?

Considering that my ps3 is 802.11g I guess that's the reason why streaming to ut over WiFi is poor.

I'm just really picky about pings and rather be certain to get picked ad host in games. Its a preferance, also that if I move into uni this September the rules do not allow WiFi in the halls, so I will have to be wired. All my consoles at home and my main pc are wired, so im just used to have great transfer speeds.

Also on a completely different tangent, at the EA thing, they had Astro A40s hooked up, i wanna know how, considering the wii U doesn't have optical out.

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 05 August 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

I found g okay for streaming 1080p, but n really made it comfortable.

Networking

Wii U can access the Internet via wireless (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) connection. The console features four USB 2.0 connectors – two in the front and two in the rear – that support Wii LAN Adapters.

Audio Output

Uses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI® connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector.

EA have a devkit, that might be why. I thought Nintendo used to take sound pretty seriously.

Edited by Nollog, 05 August 2012 - 04:37 AM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

I found g okay for streaming 1080p, but n really made it comfortable.

Networking

Wii U can access the Internet via wireless (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) connection. The console features four USB 2.0 connectors – two in the front and two in the rear – that support Wii LAN Adapters.

Audio Output

Uses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI® connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector.

EA have a devkit, that might be why. I thought Nintendo used to take sound pretty seriously.

Those two things are the potential deal breakers for me, optical more so than the ethernet. Unless I can find a converter to convetr the 6 channel pcm to toslink.

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

There's probably a million different types of adapters for hdmi to xyz sound connection.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

so people must buy ethernet usb adapters and hdds.. I hope they dont have to buy the plastic around wii U, to protect the parts.. lol Because this will cost 6 bucks per plastic per unit, so 1 million units = 5 million bucks.
I have 3 routers, but only 1 provides stable wireless con.. My others are rumored (didnt experienced it), bad wireless...

kiding..

ok..

Edited by Orion, 05 August 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#29 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Theres nothing wrong with using WIFI if your internet is half decent.

I was downloading a movie on my pc and playing gears 3 at the same time,and i never lagged once. If you are lagging,its either your,or someone elses upload speed is rubbish.

Saying that though they should at least put an ethernet port on there.

#30 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

any usb lan adapter would do the job

#31 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

The solution was already found and the thread is about 7 months old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!