• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Droenix

Droenix

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

I don't think he'll be disappointed with his PC. You'll only be disappointed if you set your ambitions WAY too high.

I'm still running a Q6600 Processor, 4 DDR2 gigs of RAM, an 8800GTOC BFG and I'm still happy with it. (I do plan to upgrade my processor and video card eventually though)
Posted Image

#22 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

Make sure that the GPU that can max Crysis isn't overclocked, as you're going on budget I doubt you'll be getting enough cooling to overclock it properly.

It looks like an alright machine tbh, but as others have said, don't be upset if a few months or a year or 2 down the line you're looking into getting another one cause you can't play the top games.

I went all out when the gtx295 and i7 were released and unless I start overclocking I can not play crysis 2 on full without considerable lag. This wasn't a budget pc and 2 years down the line I can't play games on max anymore so with a budget pc the consequences might be a bit harsher.

other than that, def go with at least 6gb ram. A bigger hard drive is nice but not really needed, maybe you have an external already, or perhaps you can use the one you have now in your new one as well. I prefer to have a relatively smaller internal and a big external one. My "small" internal one is 1TB though, so depends how much space you need :P

#23 Roy

Roy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ninja Bread Man. Best. Game. Ever

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

I'll pripably upgrade the ram later on as it's fairly expensive to go to 8 gb.

Plus I've looked into the components and they all seem pretty good The graphics card is pretty damn good
(I hope this link works)

and the CPU is pretty quick too so I this system will be fine for me :P

Hello, I am Roy.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!