• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Apparently the next gen consoles graphics jump will be alot more significant then everybody has come to think. To which i agree. it is also unknown specifically which of the big three the developer is speaking on, but it can already be assumed that one is the 720 as the developer is known to have created alan wake and has a good relationship with microsoft.

Article below.

Next gen consoles represent 'a quantum leap' http://www.computera...a-quantum-leap/

#2 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

Wii U is a quantum leap from Wii. So that's true if you look at it that way.

28gxdv8.png

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

I don't think this is possible without the systems costing 1000 or more $... I thought Sony already learned its lesson. And Microsoft nextbox is heavily rumored to be around 299, so I think this is false.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

you know, things like this makes me laugh at human imagination. There are limits to some things. not everything can be a quantum leap everytime.

Remember in the 80's, how some people imagined the year 2000 will be like? everyone will have their own airplanes, or there'll be a floating cars, or 2 wheels thing like the bicycle is not practical and will be dead before we know it, or the telephone is a joke, no one will use it. I think this statement of quantum leap in graphics is one of the bogus statement.
urhhh.. potatoes?

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

Quantum leap is totally a personal opinion, there is no line that u cross that awards u the title "quantum leap." now the tech in the Wii U is too modern (2010 earliest) to be blown out the water at a reasonable price, it simply can't be done. if xbox720 and ps4 want to blow wii u out the water they will have to do this: use a standard plain normal controller (no innovation) and put all the money into making a console using 2012 tech. even in that case, the wii u is not too far behind. but anyway we know this isnt going to happen, xbox720 will use the very expensive kinect inside it, so that automatically limits the power in the system (unless it's unaffordably) and sony simply doesn't have the money to create another powerhouse (unless they want to be the next sega). So basically, if next gen really is a quantum leap, then so will the wii u be :)
Posted Image

#6 Slim Shady

Slim Shady

Pls stand up

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

Not true.

So I get off stage right and drop the mic

Walk up to these hot chicks and im all like

"Sup ladies, my names Slim Shady.

I'm the lead singer in D12 baby"

#7 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

Quantum leap is totally a personal opinion, there is no line that u cross that awards u the title "quantum leap." now the tech in the Wii U is too modern (2010 earliest) to be blown out the water at a reasonable price, it simply can't be done. if xbox720 and ps4 want to blow wii u out the water they will have to do this: use a standard plain normal controller (no innovation) and put all the money into making a console using 2012 tech. even in that case, the wii u is not too far behind. but anyway we know this isnt going to happen, xbox720 will use the very expensive kinect inside it, so that automatically limits the power in the system (unless it's unaffordably) and sony simply doesn't have the money to create another powerhouse (unless they want to be the next sega). So basically, if next gen really is a quantum leap, then so will the wii u be :)

i absolutely agree

Signature_Fox.png

#8 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Cost is going to play a lot into this. No-one wants to have another PS3 situation.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#9 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Of course it's going to be a quantum leap. It's not like they are continuously improving the consoles, making them gradually better each day.

#10 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Quantam Leap????

Next gen will look like this???

Posted Image

#11 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

Quantam Leap????

Posted Image

read no.jpg below

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

i lol at all these news site that dont even mention wii u as being in the same power level as xbox and ps4 . hasnt it already been said that they are in the same ballpark? well why the hell are all these sites so ignorant towards the wii u its really funny how some news sites act.

Signature_Fox.png

#13 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Alright guys we DON'T KNOW.

We don't even know for sure about Wii U, a console which will release this year. We have indications that it will be powerful enough to cope with the competition for a few years to come, but there's also reasons to say why it won't.

And we really don't know anything for sure about the other consoles. Sony said they would balance power and development costs. Microsoft will focus more on Kinect. We can guess but we don't know anything.
No sig.

#14 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Alright guys we DON'T KNOW.

We don't even know for sure about Wii U, a console which will release this year. We have indications that it will be powerful enough to cope with the competition for a few years to come, but there's also reasons to say why it won't.

And we really don't know anything for sure about the other consoles. Sony said they would balance power and development costs. Microsoft will focus more on Kinect. We can guess but we don't know anything.

yah from what i have been hearing and such, i believe the other next gen consoles wi be powerful enough to get third party games from wii u, just like this gen how ps3 had to be powerful enough to play 360 games because devs already started working on that

Signature_Fox.png

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

I doubt it will be a Quantum leap or anything close to it. So many developers already over the past year been saying we won't see the kind of jump from this to next gen like we did from last to current. Face it - unless the nextbox and ps4 come with the ability to be somehow upgraded then I don't see consoles rivaling their PC masters..(graphically speaking)
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Quantam Leap????

Posted Image

Wat is this

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#17 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

ok ok everyone bear with me for just a moment as to what im gonna present to you here, and this is not meant to bash Nintendo at all. Theses are my thoughts i don't know how old some of you are but i remember this same talk right around the time when the ps3/360/wii was about to come out. People doubted just how significant the leap in graphical abilities would be and almost all were proven wrong(history repeating?). Now i know Sony doesn't have alot of money but out of all of there divisions the PlayStation brand is there most successful and i know they will fund it as much as they can. Sony has already stated that they will not release the ps4 until it can provide a significant jump in technology.

http://www.mcvuk.com...ew-house/098147

Now below i will provide two videos as to why i think the jump will be significant.

The first one is the zelda tech demo which we all know and love. btw srry i couldnt provide direct feed.

the next video is star wars 1313 confirmed for pc and rumored for next gen systems.

Both are impressive and both show what the BEGINNING of what the NEXT generation of graphics will represent so my question is how could anyone think that the jump wont be significant.

Edited by Misterrrrrr ECHO3!, 26 August 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#18 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Wat is this

Quantam Leapfrog

#19 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

OMG Quantum Leap is an opinion!!! there is 0 point in saying it will or won't be
Posted Image

#20 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

ok ok everyone bear with me for just a moment as to what im gonna present to you here, and this is not meant to bash Nintendo at all. Theses are my thoughts i don't know how old some of you are but i remember this same talk right around the time when the ps3/360/wii was about to come out. People doubted just how significant the leap in graphical abilities would be and almost all were proven wrong(history repeating?). Now i know Sony doesn't have alot of money but out of all of there divisions the PlayStation brand is there most successful and i know they will fund it as much as they can. Sony has already stated that they will not release the ps4 until it can provide a significant jump in technology.

http://www.mcvuk.com...ew-house/098147

Now below i will provide two videos as to why i think the jump will be significant.

The first one is the zelda tech demo which we all know and love. btw srry i couldnt provide direct feed.

the next video is star wars 1313 confirmed for pc and rumored for next gen systems.

Both are impressive and both show what the BEGINNING of what the NEXT generation of graphics will represent so my question is how could anyone think that the jump wont be significant.

Both indeed are impressive. Star Wars looks slightly better and more "next-gen" a bit, but the Zelda one is really really amazing, especially because it's made for an old dev kit and 1313 is made for high-end PCs.

Is it really true that Zelda HD couldn't be done on other consoles (PS360)? If so, I'm really proud that my favourite gaming franchise was the first to show off legit next-gen graphics!
No sig.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Next gen, graphics, leap, amazing, quality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!