dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros, Mario, Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

There are severel reasons why I am re-thinking about buying the wii u:
1.When I had a wii it was great and fun until I had a playstation 3 with move.
Then when I realized How bad it was compared because of the graphics and because of the lame third party support and I ended up selling it.
Now I am not sure because of the next gen consoles if it will happen again.

2(dont worry it's shorter).If I will buy it it will be in London during my vacation and I am not sure if it's a waste of money.

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

Kinect was A LOT more original than Move IMO.

Why would the Wii U be a waste if it is in London?

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

lol this is the most support any system has had in history from third parties at launch!! you seriously think its not going to get third party support? now we've already talked about why the nextbox and ps4 will outdate the wii u many times on this forum, i can't keep repeating myself so let this video convince u. if it somehow doesn't do the trick, just look up the past million topics about this kind of thing :P

Posted Image

#4 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

Great, another i liked wii until ps3 so i wont get wii u.
The Wii U is going to be better than ps3 graphics wise and the wii u has better third party support than sony.
Not to mention how revolutionary its gonna be...

#5 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

Kinect was A LOT more original than Move IMO.

Why would the Wii U be a waste if it is in London?

Because everything is more expinsive in the UK compared to America,
For example I bought my 3ds for £210 which is $330 s

2.If I will buy it it will be in London during my vacation and I am not sure if it's a waste of money.

i take it you live in America? DON'T buy it in London. It's more expensive.

Edited by stephen, 30 August 2012 - 07:57 AM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#6 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

I'm just not sold on the Gamepad. It might feel OK in your hands, but do I really want to be looking back and forth from the screen the controller all the time? That just doesn't seem fun to me.

I read an article/interview with Gearbox's Randy Pitchford about how he's very much looking forward to the next generation, but he's wary of getting behind "gimmicks." Couldn't help but think he was talking about the Gamepad.

I'm all for the Wii U, and was pleased when they mentioned the Pro Controller, but I don't want to have to pay for the Gamepad if I'm not going to use it.

#7 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

Their is no way sony can produce a powerhouse that can stomp the wii u for several reasons.
1. They are in a financial mess and cant afford to sell at a loss or they run the risk of bankruptcy(which might happen before PS4 launch anyway)
2. Wii u tech is from 2010-2011 meaning it will be too current (wii tech was from 2000-2001 compared to PS3 which was 2005)
3. If they make a powerhouse that stomps the wii u it will be 1000 or more dollars and the games will be 100 and it will get no 3rd party support due to the expense to produce games for it.
Reason the xbox wont trump it
1. they are focusing on a price of 299, with the kinect 2 bundled in, meaning the system needs to cost 100 or less to manufacture, it is even heavily rumored that the nextbox will be less powerful than wii u and it hopes to steal wiis casual market, which cashed in big for nintendo.
The third party support for the wii u is the best a system has had since the SNES, and developers praise how easy it is to port to, meaning it will not lack 3rd party support like the wii did, and it will most likely get 3 to 4 times the amount of exclusives that nextbox or
ps4 will offer.
ALso as a side note why would it be a waste of money in london????

I'm just not sold on the Gamepad. It might feel OK in your hands, but do I really want to be looking back and forth from the screen the controller all the time? That just doesn't seem fun to me.

I read an article/interview with Gearbox's Randy Pitchford about how he's very much looking forward to the next generation, but he's wary of getting behind "gimmicks." Couldn't help but think he was talking about the Gamepad.

I'm all for the Wii U, and was pleased when they mentioned the Pro Controller, but I don't want to have to pay for the Gamepad if I'm not going to use it.

I felt the same way at first, but then i realized how bored I got with my dualshock and knew i wanted something different, of course their is no substitute for dual analog in shooters, but dual analog is getting boring and it needs to be changed. Just think of all the games that could be improved by the gamepad, like skyrim being able to manage inventory in real time, and having a map to constantly look at whilst traveling to a checkpoint instead of using the bleh compass. I just think it could really improve gameplay for a lot of games, and we need to give it a shot

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#8 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

lol this is the most support any system has had in history from third parties at launch!! you seriously think its not going to get third party support? now we've already talked about why the nextbox and ps4 will outdate the wii u many times on this forum, i can't keep repeating myself so let this video convince u. if it somehow doesn't do the trick, just look up the past million topics about this kind of thing :P

Great, another i liked wii until ps3 so i wont get wii u.
The Wii U is going to be better than ps3 graphics wise and the wii u has better third party support than sony.
Not to mention how revolutionary its gonna be...

Fine just stop making me feel nooby.

Because everything is more expinsive in the UK compared to America,
For example I bought my 3ds for £210 which is $330 s i take it you live in America? DON'T buy it in London. It's more expensive.

I don't live in America I live in Israel where it's way more expensive then both.

#9 Death Inspired

Death Inspired

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Fandom:
    Most notably, Pokemon, Zelda and Mario.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

I don't live in America I live in Israel where it's way more expensive then both.

If you ask me (well you didn't), I suggest that if possible wait it out till you travel again to buy it? See what people say, know someone who has one and try it out, get the good FEEL and then buy it? Well that's all possible IF you can wait. (some people just NEED to have it at launch, so if you fall in that category,....well, you know)

#10 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

wait until we see the other next gen systems, then decide.

Edited by jono, 30 August 2012 - 08:38 AM.

#11 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

If you ask me (well you didn't), I suggest that if possible wait it out till you travel again to buy it? See what people say, know someone who has one and try it out, get the good FEEL and then buy it? Well that's all possible IF you can wait. (some people just NEED to have it at launch, so if you fall in that category,....well, you know)

I have to agree with this, since you are not 100% sure wait to try it out at a store (if possible).
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#12 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

another thought is will the games work for a pal WiiU.
I Thought that american wii games don't work with my European wii console.

Edited by stephen, 30 August 2012 - 09:04 AM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#13 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

If you not getting one doesn't stop me from getting one, I could give two poops if you buy one or not. I'm pretty sure you'll miss out tho.

#14 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

sorry didn't mean to do that :P its just that this has come up so many times and i always right essays to explain why this generation won't be a repeat of last gen. sorry if i came off as arrogant and annoying.

Randy Pitchford is the developer to have complimented the wii u the most of all developers, he absolutely loves it and loves nintendo. he always talks about the specs, always calls it next gen and he seems soo proud of the way he used the gamepad for aliens colonial marines. he then went to say how awesome borderlands 2 would be on the wii u because u wouldn't have to pause every 5 seconds to manage ur inventory, now u can just manage ur inventory on the go.
i think Randy Pitchford was talking about kinect 2.0 when he said to be wary of gimmicks. if anything i bet he's excited for next gen because he will finally be able to develop for nintendo who he clearly adores

Edited by Crackkat, 30 August 2012 - 10:39 AM.

Posted Image

#15 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

let me just put it this way, systems in 2013 wont have more modern parts than something from 2012 with late 2011 or 2010 parts. (wii u) .

next gen differences will be almost no different

Signature_Fox.png

#16 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

sorry didn't mean to do that :P its just that this has come up so many times and i always right essays to explain why this generation won't be a repeat of last gen. sorry if i came off as arrogant and annoying.

It's fine man.

#17 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Dont worry have faith in da Big N
Posted Image
Dat awesome person

#18 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

I think that it is worth the investment. It seems to be getting the 3rd party support that it needs, and I think it will be able to hold up in terms of tech. To me it looks like it is going to be a great system.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#19 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

I say buy it if you want to play the games that you can have with it. If the games seem boring to you, wait until there is a console out with enough games you really want, whether it's brand starts with N or S, or something else. It's not more complicated than that. Personally, I'm not interested in the game pad, but a few of the launch games look interesting.

#20 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

i wouldnt take advice from a human who purchosed move and secondly why is your comsumer right to buy or not what ever you like a thread in a forum !!!!!!!

ARE YOU COMPARING MOVE TO Wii """"seriously"""

Edited by thehappening, 30 August 2012 - 02:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!