• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry

Jerry

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

I know some of us is getting tried of "spec war"..... but this is some news. I'm happy with the specs..... are you??

“Wii U has a powerful GPU with more oomph than the rivals – and is more modern in architecture and shader support, which may come in handy later on.”

“The CPU on the other hand is a different question. We are not limited by it but some other games might suffer from it. Still, because of the GPU, I expect most multi-platform games to look the best on Wii U, even if the difference might not be huge sometimes.”

http://mynintendonew...al-wii-u-specs/

The CPU: The Wii U's IBM-made CPU is made up of three Power PC cores. We've been unable to ascertain the clock speed of the CPU (more on this later), but we know out of order execution is supported.

RAM in the final retail unit: 1GB of RAM is available to games.

GPU: The Wii U's graphics processing unit is a custom AMD 7 series GPU. Clock speed and pipelines were not disclosed, but we do know it supports DirectX 10 and shader 4 type features. We also know that eDRAM is embedded in the GPU custom chip in a similar way to the Wii.

http://www.eurogamer...he-wii-u-really

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

It's better than the PS360.

That's good enough for me. :T

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

It's better than the PS360.

That's good enough for me. :T

its not for me, I want it to compete against PS4 and nextbox, and I'm not sure I this will cut it.

How accurate a this, because the latter article expects Sony and Microsoft to release a superpower console again. I'm gonna wait for Nintendo to reveal the specs, cause I jus don't buy this.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

These specs, while not as erroneous as previous, are incorrect.

The CPU will be limiting in no way whatsoever (a huge understatement) and 3 core... ;)

The GPU (an enhanced AMD 7xxx) is actually capable of Direct X 11, should something happen to where a developer could actually license it for Nintendo hardware.

Who are these developers again?

LOL

its not for me, I want it to compete against PS4 and nextbox, and I'm not sure I this will cut it.

How accurate a this, because the latter article expects Sony and Microsoft to release a superpower console again. I'm gonna wait for Nintendo to reveal the specs, cause I jus don't buy this.

And you shouldn't. it is more "wolf in sheeps clothing" bologna from the ever popular "unnamed developer."

#5 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

how is this even legit? pikmin 3 uses the open gl equivalent of dx11 so it has to do dx11. i will be bery dissapointed if this is true.

the wii u is rivaled with nextgen consoles, not current gen how the hell is is even true lol

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 30 August 2012 - 10:38 AM.

Signature_Fox.png

#6 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

lol guys these specs are very questionable and so is the source, don't believe them at all, they aren't confirmed.
Posted Image

#7 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

The Wii U can't use Direct X anyway... That's only for microsoft people.
Bring the noise.

#8 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

These specs, while not as erroneous as previous, are incorrect.

The CPU will be limiting in no way whatsoever (a huge understatement) and 3 core... ;)

The GPU (an enhanced AMD 7xxx) is actually capable of Direct X 11, should something happen to where a developer could actually license it for Nintendo hardware.

Who are these developers again?

LOL

And you shouldn't. it is more "wolf in sheeps clothing" bologna from the ever popular "unnamed developer."

I don't think a specific developer was disclosed...

And AMD 7xxx, well I don't think that they were referring to that so...prob fake
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

how is this even legit? pikmin 3 uses the open gl equivalent of dx11 so it has to do dx11. i will be bery dissapointed if this is true.

the wii u is rivaled with nextgen consoles, not current gen how the hell is is even true lol

Where does it use Dx11 like features?

I will indeed be dissapointed if this is true. It's better than current gen obviously, but come on that's not enough. The argument "it has to compete with nextgen consoles" is invalid in my opinion because, look at the Wii.
No sig.

#10 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Where does it use Dx11 like features?

I will indeed be dissapointed if this is true. It's better than current gen obviously, but come on that's not enough. The argument "it has to compete with nextgen consoles" is invalid in my opinion because, look at the Wii.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/confirmed-wii-us-gpu-far-superior-to-360-ps3-uses-directx-11-compute-shaders.452561098/page-3

Signature_Fox.png

#11 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

It's official the Wii U will fail against the PS4 and Nextbox -__-

Edited by shadd21, 30 August 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#12 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Um this reeks of fake first of I assume by amd 7 series they are talking about 7xxx (note they might be talking about 4xxx series)and it would be DX 11(it they are talking about 4xxx than it would be dx 10) not dx10 and since the wiiu doesn't use Direct x as well since they use a modified Open GL api Not to mention these developers are not even saying their names

Don't take me wrong I don't believe the wii u isn't going to ultra powerful but they are so many logical fallacies in it.

A Credible source should ...
1.Be free of Bias,fallacies and stereotypes.

2.Be consistent within itself and with other sources.

3.Use facts accurately.

4.Be written by a qualified person.

5.Be written in good circumstances.

sooo yeah.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 30 August 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#13 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

if the wii u cant compete with the next generation because of tech's i wont buy it, im just hoping this isnt truth

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

The Wii U can't use Direct X anyway... That's only for microsoft people.

Actually that's not entirely true.

Even non Microsoft Mac games use direct x. But the developers license it. With Xbox it's part of the dev kit.

#15 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

if the wii u cant compete with the next generation because of tech's i wont buy it, im just hoping this isnt truth

I wont buy it day one, but in a couple of years with mario kart, zelda, 3d mario, pikmin, retros game, DK, and zombiu and possible sequel i will eventually have to buy it. But i HIGHLY doubt these specs are legit, the developer isn't revealed and with that hardware there is no way it would be able to run a gamepad and a 1080 p image on the screen which it is said to be able to do. And they said unreal 4 wouldnt run on it which i thought i heard it could, maybe just imagining things though.

EDIT: I forgot smash brothas

Also, this article is complete BS...
My turn,
"PS4 is going to use a GPU that is capable of displaying ultra high definition images and a 16 core 4 thread CPU that will run at 50 GhZ. It is going to compete with the next next next generation but after that it will become obsolete to the Xsphere and nintendo Asskicker. It will be able to run unreal engine 14 and cry engine 11, It will support backwards capability to not only the PS3 but the wii and xbox as well. It will also make you sandwiches. Launch games will look slightly better than their PS360U counterparts but eventually they will look 1000-19000 times better. It will have 14 TB of RAM and 235 GB of eDRAM. Games will run easily in 2160 p 120FPS and it will support full glasses free 3D without the need to change your television. However, unfortunatley the rumor that the sandwich maker only supports miracle wip and not mayonaise is true, I think it could be a deal breaker for most people, for the nextbox supports both. Another deal breaker is the system will be about the size of an industrial crane, weighing in at 10 tons, and it will cost nearly 2 million dollars, but Europe will get it for 500 euros, it will have full region lock and will not support used games. In stores 2013"- unnamed developer with final dev kit.

Edited by KillerMario, 30 August 2012 - 12:26 PM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#16 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

meh. If I see a crap ton of developers supporting the Wii U with more contemporary games, I care not about the final specs. I'm sure they'll be good. PS360 came out about 6-7 years ago. Trust me it's not gonna be the same.

#17 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

If the specs are disappointing, at least it will weed-out all the graphics whores. c:

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#18 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

First, the Ram statement was from Emily Rogers, not a developer, second people shouldn't trust Eurogamer about the Wii U after the whole twisting of what Sumo Digital comments about the Wii U.

#19 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

Um this reeks of fake first of I assume by amd 7 series they are talking about 7xxx (note they might be talking about 4xxx series)and it would be DX 11(it they are talking about 4xxx than it would be dx 10) not dx10 and since the wiiu doesn't use Direct x as well since they use a modified Open GL api Not to mention these developers are not even saying their names

Don't take me wrong I don't believe the wii u isn't going to ultra powerful but they are so many logical fallacies in it.

A Credible source should ...
1.Be free of Bias,fallacies and stereotypes.

2.Be consistent within itself and with other sources.

3.Use facts accurately.

4.Be written by a qualified person.

5.Be written in good circumstances.

sooo yeah.

it will be as powerful as it can possibly be. its using tech from 2011 mainly. spread the word my brotha lol

Signature_Fox.png

#20 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

it will be as powerful as it can possibly be. its using tech from 2011 mainly. spread the word my brotha lol

Are you going by the specs given here or by your own guess since nothing really seems 2011 or above with these specs maybe the cpu but that apparently also the weaker part of its specs .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!