#21 Ravyu

Ravyu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Batman, Link and NINTENDO

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

They.... Suck (if you've seen my thread) how can it be using PowerPC architecture when it's obvious power architecture was being used here

They.... Suck (if you've seen my thread) how can it be using PowerPC architecture when it's obvious power architecture was being used here
A rare 12 Year Old that thinks Nintendo is godly.
PC Specs- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hUYw

#22 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

DEVELOPERS FINALLY REVEAL THE CPU THAT WIIBOY101 TOLD YOU IT WAS 2 FREAKING YEARS AGO

for all power7 fantasists the wiiu cpu is powerpc 400 @ 45nm tri core based on broadway instruction set and spec per core AS WIIBOY101 TOLD YOU 2 YEARS AGO there for the love of christ is NO POWER 7 IN WIIU THATS A FACT

tricore powerpc 400 broadway hardware design 45nm 5 instructions per clock of around 1.6ghz to 2.0ghz and a custom gpu gamecube became wii wii became wiiu ALL BASED ON POWERPC 32BIT LIKE IV TOLD YOU UPTEEN TIMES wiiu = powerpc 32bit AKA like powerpc 476fp but broadway-fied with a custom 3mb edram catch

the gpu like wii/gc has the edram ram built into the gpu not next to it ACTUALLY EMBEDDED INTO IT unlike x360 its more like wii SO THIS EDRAM IS DARN POWERFUL expect insane bandwidth and a texture catch could it be 22mb for frame buffer and 10mb of texture catch both around 512 bit interface i new the edram would be part of the gpu like hollywood and not next to the gpu like x360 thats great news

powerpc 400 broadway-fied makes PERFECT SENCE and washes away the out right childish stupid and fanboyish wish of a hot huge unsuited power7 LOL in your wiiu

Edited by thehappening, 30 August 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#23 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Are you going by the specs given here or by your own guess since nothing really seems 2011 or above with these specs maybe the cpu but that apparently also the weaker part of its specs .

These specs are vey obviously false, and most of the tech is from 2010 and some is from 2011, and then some from 2005 (gamepad touchscreen). But i think this severely underestimates the power of the wiiu. I dont think it is going to be monstrous, but i think it will be a sizeable difference. Because if it is barely above par with the PS360 then nintendo is basically signing its suicide note, because the system is supposed to attract hardcore gamers with its upgraded graphics and computer. Wii U will hopefullu take us back to the good ole nintendo days where their systems were top tier and reasonably priced.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#24 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

These specs are vey obviously false, and most of the tech is from 2010 and some is from 2011, and then some from 2005 (gamepad touchscreen). But i think this severely underestimates the power of the wiiu. I dont think it is going to be monstrous, but i think it will be a sizeable difference. Because if it is barely above par with the PS360 then nintendo is basically signing its suicide note, because the system is supposed to attract hardcore gamers with its upgraded graphics and computer. Wii U will hopefullu take us back to the good ole nintendo days where their systems were top tier and reasonably priced.

I hope so the main problem I have is It being a 4xxx series card which when it was first released I thought that was fine but when actually Thinking it occurred to me the 4800 was a energy hog and that the wiiu only has a power brick of around 70 watts and even though they could modify it to be less power hungry that feel like a waste of money consider you can find better cheeper and cooler alternatives to the 4800 (and more modern) and this rumors leaves the possibility the card may be weaker than the 4800 due to Nintendo having to keep the system cool which is a issue though if you note the amount of fans on it.

I hope I really hope this is wrong also I feel a gig of memory for games is rather small I was hoping for 1.5 gigs and if lucky 2 gigs for games.

#25 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

I hope I really hope this is wrong also I feel a gig of memory for games is rather small I was hoping for 1.5 gigs and if lucky 2 gigs for games.

Yeah, me too, this has too be false. I think it will have 1.5 gig RAM and i think the eDRAM is spot on. Lets pray this is false...

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#26 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

It's official the Wii U will fail against the PS4 and Nextbox -__-

U mad intruder?

First of all, I don't believe in that rumor at all so I'll take it with a huge grain of salt.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#27 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

its not for me, I want it to compete against PS4 and nextbox, and I'm not sure I this will cut it.

How accurate a this, because the latter article expects Sony and Microsoft to release a superpower console again. I'm gonna wait for Nintendo to reveal the specs, cause I jus don't buy this.

Sony has no money for an overpowered console. Microsoft has, but won't use it.
Posted Image

#28 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

I hope the specs are powerful enough to at least COMPETE with the PS4 and the Nextbox.
Because I don't want the people I know that hate Nintendo to have a reason to make fun of it...and me :(

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#29 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Surprise surprise Nintendo is releasing a console that will be good enough for garbage 3rd party games so that they wont take away from Nintendos own 1st party sales... Doesnt matter the specs... Nintendo will crap on a plate and stick marios face all over it and it will sell millions and millions and millions of units, Nintendo games sell... Nintendo gimmicks sell.... Wii U has Nintendo games and Nintendo gimmicks therefore it will survive... power means nothing.. PS3 and Vita anyone??? Microsoft will be plugging Kinect 2 and smartglass which both suck @ss... Ps4 will fail... Xbox 8 will fail... Nintendo will rise

#30 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

First, the Ram statement was from Emily Rogers, not a developer, second people shouldn't trust Eurogamer about the Wii U after the whole twisting of what Sumo Digital comments about the Wii U.

True. they seemed to purposely misquote Sumo and try to make it sound like the Wii U was going to be on par with the PS3 or 360. In reality, sumo said their PORT OF THE GAME was going to at least meet and most likely succeed the original platforms it was coded for.

The Wii U itself owns the 360 and PS3 with ease.

Sumo actually contacted them to clarify and they had to print a retraction (which they spun as an "update").

I hope the specs are powerful enough to at least COMPETE with the PS4 and the Nextbox.
Because I don't want the people I know that hate Nintendo to have a reason to make fun of it...and me :(

I hope so the main problem I have is It being a 4xxx series card which when it was first released I thought that was fine but when actually Thinking it occurred to me the 4800 was a energy hog and that the wiiu only has a power brick of around 70 watts and even though they could modify it to be less power hungry that feel like a waste of money consider you can find better cheeper and cooler alternatives to the 4800 (and more modern) and this rumors leaves the possibility the card may be weaker than the 4800 due to Nintendo having to keep the system cool which is a issue though if you note the amount of fans on it.

The U isn't using a 4xxx.

DEVELOPERS FINALLY REVEAL THE CPU THAT WIIBOY101 TOLD YOU IT WAS 2 FREAKING YEARS AGO

for all power7 fantasists the wiiu cpu is powerpc 400 @ 45nm tri core based on broadway instruction set and spec per core AS WIIBOY101 TOLD YOU 2 YEARS AGO there for the love of christ is NO POWER 7 IN WIIU THATS A FACT

tricore powerpc 400 broadway hardware design 45nm 5 instructions per clock of around 1.6ghz to 2.0ghz and a custom gpu gamecube became wii wii became wiiu ALL BASED ON POWERPC 32BIT LIKE IV TOLD YOU UPTEEN TIMES wiiu = powerpc 32bit AKA like powerpc 476fp but broadway-fied with a custom 3mb edram catch

the gpu like wii/gc has the edram ram built into the gpu not next to it ACTUALLY EMBEDDED INTO IT unlike x360 its more like wii SO THIS EDRAM IS DARN POWERFUL expect insane bandwidth and a texture catch could it be 22mb for frame buffer and 10mb of texture catch both around 512 bit interface i new the edram would be part of the gpu like hollywood and not next to the gpu like x360 thats great news

powerpc 400 broadway-fied makes PERFECT SENCE and washes away the out right childish stupid and fanboyish wish of a hot huge unsuited power7 LOL in your wiiu

Power 7 is the underlying architecture in the Wii U. That is just the way it is. PowerPC is not Power (but Power includes PowerPC instructions). and yes, IBM knows the difference. Watson itself is Power7 tech. Note that the Wii U is NOT using Blue Gene tech, which would indicate a PowerPC 400 series architecture.

Power 7 also is extremely power efficient and cool. It also has unrivaled power management tech built into it which allows for individual core shutdown, clock speed throttling, etc. It's almost miraculous in how it handles power management.

Also, Power 7 includes the entire PowerPC instruction set. You literally lose nothing when going to Power, but you GAIN a ton.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 30 August 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#31 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

True. they seemed to purposely misquote Sumo and try to make it sound like the Wii U was going to be on par with the PS3 or 360. In reality, sumo said their PORT OF THE GAME was going to at least meet and most likely succeed the original platforms it was coded for.

The Wii U itself owns the 360 and PS3 with ease.

Sumo actually contacted them to clarify and they had to print a retraction (which they spun as an "update").

The U isn't using a 4xxx.

Power 7 is the underlying architecture in the Wii U. That is just the way it is. PowerPC is not Power (but Power includes PowerPC instructions). and yes, IBM knows the difference. Watson itself is Power7 tech. Note that the Wii U is NOT using Blue Gene tech, which would indicate a PowerPC 400 series architecture.

Power 7 also is extremely power efficient and cool. It also has unrivaled power management tech built into it which allows for individual core shutdown, clock speed throttling, etc. It's almost miraculous in how it handles power management.

Also, Power 7 includes the entire PowerPC instruction set. You literally lose nothing when going to Power, but you GAIN a ton.

I was going by this rumor which said its using AMD 7 series which would been 4xxx series(I think) .

In reality I think it will use a modified 6xxx or 7xxx though.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 30 August 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#32 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

I read the article expecting to see something along the lines of an ACTUAL developer. I'd like to see the source.

Posted Image

#33 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

how on earth can power7 be the cough cough underlying tech of wiiu when those in the know PROVED 2 years ago it was powerpc400 broadway-fied

THE IBM STATMENT AROUND POWER7 WAS """""OBVIOUSLY""""""" TO A PERSON ABOVE 11 YEARS OF AGE THE IBM EDRAM And the 45nm process owned the end"""

every single power7 freak is going to look such a fanboy come wiiu release as theres no power 7 in wiiu its a 2010 powerpc 400 @ 45nm broadway-fied and custom catch plus a DSP and a ARM CO CPU

lol @ power 7 day dream all you like im going to so own you when its confirmed

Edited by thehappening, 30 August 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#34 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

how on earth can power7 be the cough cough underlying tech of wiiu when those in the know PROVED 2 years ago it was powerpc400 broadway-fied

THE IBM STATMENT AROUND POWER7 WAS """""OBVIOUSLY""""""" TO A PERSON ABOVE 11 YEARS OF AGE THE IBM EDRAM And the 45nm process owned the end"""

every single power7 freak is going to look such a fanboy come wiiu release as theres no power 7 in wiiu its a 2010 powerpc 400 @ 45nm broadway-fied and custom catch plus a DSP and a ARM CO CPU

lol @ power 7 day dream all you like im going to so own you when its confirmed

No such proof.

And you are going to feel mighty silly by what defines power 7 architecture. Power 7 Is also 2010 tech.

No one is saying the wii u is using a stock server chip. It is a custom fab, but it's derived from Power 7. Take it to the bank. 45nm, Watson (which requires POWER 7, not PowerPC), edram setup ( cache that takes up less space than traditional sram due to fewer transistors - it affords more cache and it reduces latency simultaneously), etc. It's Power 7 by definition.

You believe it's ppc 476. But the only similarities it shares with power 7 is out of order execution.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 31 August 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#35 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros, Mario, Legend of Zelda

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

"PS4 is going to use a GPU that is capable of displaying ultra high definition images and a 16 core 4 thread CPU that will run at 50 GhZ. It is going to compete with the next next next generation but after that it will become obsolete to the Xsphere and nintendo Asskicker. It will be able to run unreal engine 14 and cry engine 11, It will support backwards capability to not only the PS3 but the wii and xbox as well. It will also make you sandwiches. Launch games will look slightly better than their PS360U counterparts but eventually they will look 1000-19000 times better. It will have 14 TB of RAM and 235 GB of eDRAM. Games will run easily in 2160 p 120FPS and it will support full glasses free 3D without the need to change your television. However, unfortunatley the rumor that the sandwich maker only supports miracle wip and not mayonaise is true, I think it could be a deal breaker for most people, for the nextbox supports both. Another deal breaker is the system will be about the size of an industrial crane, weighing in at 10 tons, and it will cost nearly 2 million dollars, but Europe will get it for 500 euros, it will have full region lock and will not support used games. In stores 2013"- unnamed developer with final dev kit.

That's actually true.
I read it in eurogamer.

#36 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

if edram is like wii then expect a texture catch how much edram for texture catch and frame buffer we dont know im hoping its like this so both texture catch and frame buffer get a huge amount of bandwidth wiis gpuhad 512 bit texture catch and a 512bit frame and z buffer 1mb was texture 2mb was buffer

is wiiu 20mb buffer 2mb controller screen buffer and say 10mb texture catch or does it even have a texture catch of edram lets wait and see ,but we all now know 100% the cpu is a powerpc 400 3xcore

#37 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:21 AM

Man... some of you don't understand what porting means fully. Porting doesn't change graphics since wiiu is fully 1080p capable it will look loads better then the same port that's 720p. With that said... ports don't do justice unless the game has been modified fully like Batman. Take for instance zombiu looks amazing and is a wii u only game not a port just a game for only the wiiu

#38 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:22 AM

I can see nothing particularly surprising about the eurogamer report. Although they have said 1GB for games, its likely the wii u will have 1.5GB with the other 512MEG used for the operating system. It also has the 32MB of ultra fast embedded video memory and likely other cache.

Still think one of the core's of the cpu will be a higher architecture than the others.

I'm actually really happy with this spec overall but its clear some games may struggle that need more cpu resources.

I don't think there is any chance at all the wii u will compete in performance with the ps4 or next xbox and Nintendo never ever had that intention.

Looks a brilliant console to me although its likely over-priced for its specification.

#39 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

lol guys these specs are very questionable and so is the source, don't believe them at all, they aren't confirmed.

Regardless of whether there true or not, the Wiiu will be fine. People seem to think that the PS4/720 will crush it in specs, but thats just plain impossible. The only way they could be as far ahead of Nintendo as they were this gen is if they went 4k, which would potentially be the biggest flounder Sony/MS have ever made in the gaming industry.

#40 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

Sony has no money for an overpowered console. Microsoft has, but won't use it.

I know and that's why I was saying these specs have to be false.

if edram is like wii then expect a texture catch how much edram for texture catch and frame buffer we dont know im hoping its like this so both texture catch and frame buffer get a huge amount of bandwidth wiis gpuhad 512 bit texture catch and a 512bit frame and z buffer 1mb was texture 2mb was buffer

is wiiu 20mb buffer 2mb controller screen buffer and say 10mb texture catch or does it even have a texture catch of edram lets wait and see ,but we all now know 100% the cpu is a powerpc 400 3xcore

No, we don't know anything until Nintendo announces everything. I realize that a power7 computer is a bit hopeful thinking, but the big N has confirmed nothing. And don't forget this information came from an unidentified source. If this has to be true than so does all the other leaked spec from unidentified sources. Including rumors like Nintendo is buying back Rare, which is obviously false. There is so many spec rumors going around that contradict each other that you can't believe any till it is officially announced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!