• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

i liked revalations for 3ds and 6 looks ok but it sure as hell isnt survival horror. if i want scary ill get zombi u motha fuppas lol

Signature_Fox.png

#22 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

1. Resident Evil was very profitable before 5 came along. It wasn't going anywhere negative any time soon, but now they are alienating long time fans.
2. I'm not saying that Resident Evil = COD. I'm saying that they are both the high budget action thriller shooter with huge set pieces. This is not why Resident Evil was good, or what it started off as.
3. Ok. Well still 5, and 6 are more action focused. Since these are the 2 most recent games (in the case of 6 will be the most recent games) it is safe to say that this is where things are headed.

Very profitable is a bit of an overstatement. It gained mainstream succes with 4 and especially 5.

I agree with the final 2 points tho, so we can stop the 1. *text* 2. *text* 3. *text* thing :P

It's just that I have not many problems with this direction, AS LONG as we get stuff like LiN, Revelations and Leon/Ada campaigns in between. Besides, some sequences in RE4 for example are scarier than the older games. Fighting a single/few zombie(s) in a room isn't as tense as surviving in a village, surrounded by dozens of enemies.
No sig.

#23 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Very profitable is a bit of an overstatement. It gained mainstream succes with 4 and especially 5.

I agree with the final 2 points tho, so we can stop the 1. *text* 2. *text* 3. *text* thing :P

It's just that I have not many problems with this direction, AS LONG as we get stuff like LiN, Revelations and Leon/Ada campaigns in between. Besides, some sequences in RE4 for example are scarier than the older games. Fighting a single/few zombie(s) in a room isn't as tense as surviving in a village, surrounded by dozens of enemies.

As far as I am aware 4 did very well for Capcom. Plus the other games weren't obscure or anything.

The reason I am so angry is that Capcom should have started up a new I.P. rather than turn Resident Evil into something it isn't. BTW I have no problems with 4. I think that one was the perfect example of how to balance the series out. (Also fighting a few zombies in a room can be much scarier than battling a a bunch of villagers. Depends on the atmosphere.)

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#24 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

As far as I am aware 4 did very well for Capcom. Plus the other games weren't obscure or anything.

The reason I am so angry is that Capcom should have started up a new I.P. rather than turn Resident Evil into something it isn't. BTW I have no problems with 4. I think that one was the perfect example of how to balance the series out. (Also fighting a few zombies in a room can be much scarier than battling a a bunch of villagers. Depends on the atmosphere.)

I agree with your statement that RE4 is perfectly balanced. It managed to scare the crap out of me (even more than RE1 at times). I think they should stick to that personally. But as sales figures show, RE5 (with more action) exceeded RE4s sales, being the best selling RE game ever. And I think that adding more action will help RE6 sell even better.

But I also have zero doubts that the game will know enough tense and scary moments to please me.

As for why they didn't make a new IP: good statement. I think they just want to show that they can evolve a series, Resident Evil got a lot of criticism after a while for it being the same formula over and over again.
No sig.

#25 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

I agree with your statement that RE4 is perfectly balanced. It managed to scare the crap out of me (even more than RE1 at times). I think they should stick to that personally. But as sales figures show, RE5 (with more action) exceeded RE4s sales, being the best selling RE game ever. And I think that adding more action will help RE6 sell even better.

But I also have zero doubts that the game will know enough tense and scary moments to please me.

As for why they didn't make a new IP: good statement. I think they just want to show that they can evolve a series, Resident Evil got a lot of criticism after a while for it being the same formula over and over again.

So basically what we have discovered is Capcom needs to make Resident Evil 4-2. Lol.

And as for the fact of evolution. I don't think changing a survival horror game into a action game because a greedy company **cough Capcom cough** can make a couple more dollars off of a project. Most fans were not ready for change from Resident Evil 4, as it was really awesome, and I doubt that many people would dispute that.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#26 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

So basically what we have discovered is Capcom needs to make Resident Evil 4-2. Lol.

And as for the fact of evolution. I don't think changing a survival horror game into a action game because a greedy company **cough Capcom cough** can make a couple more dollars off of a project. Most fans were not ready for change from Resident Evil 4, as it was really awesome, and I doubt that many people would dispute that.

Well, yes they should. Lol, 4 was the best IMO. But I doubt they can return that fresh feeling.

I was also thinking: remake RE2 and 3 with 'modern' RE5 controls/camera, up-to-date graphics, added content and some slight overall adjustments. I would buy the carp out of it, especially since I never got to play RE2. (3 is too hard for me to beat, I'm stuck at gravedigger..)
No sig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!